GT-Concept Arrived!!!

• Thread starter dan0h
  • 42 comments
:rscared: you got it already? :( Mines only been dispatched today and with 2nd class delivery it could take upto 5 Days to arrive :clock:

Well I'm going to sleep for every day until it arrives and stay away from GT Rumour and Speculation so I don't get Jealous and down right twisted that I haven't got my copy yet...:lol: Only Kidding

But it must be even worse for you :au: Vat_man, I read your release date it around the 24th? :eek: Ah well, if my copy :floppy: does take 5 days then we'll probably get our copies at the same time...

All us Pal dudes gotta believe we're lucky 🤬 for actually getting GTC this month I suppose... How long are all the :USA: guys out there gonna have to wait, if they even get it over there :earth: ?

alexy2k - I paid the extra :2cents: £1.50 for express delivery - I didnt expect it to be this Express though! Its not even supposed to be released until tomorrow :odd: ... I'm not complaining though!! :cool:

I'm sorry gt2_gs... if I could make PD release a US version of the game then I would do... Perhaps a PAL TV and PS2 and a 110v to 240v step-up transformer would solve the problem?? :lol:

Originally posted by dan0h
alexy2k - I paid the extra :2cents: £1.50 for express delivery - I didnt expect it to be this Express though! Its not even supposed to be released until tomorrow :odd: ... I'm not complaining though!! :cool:

Ah I see, express delivery :D, I could have got that for an extra £1 :2cents:, shame I'm a stingy 🤬 and chose Free delivery :lol: Kinda wish I opted for First-Class post now :banghead:

When will you get to play it danOh? I'm guessing we're not gonna see you in GTP for at least 24hrs cause you'll be glued to your new game? :smilewink

What you studying for at the minute Vat_Man? :graduate:

And gt2_gs looks like your gonna be paying a lot of bucks if you want GTC..... How depressing must it be to know that you won't need to wait for GTC to arrive on your door, because it'll never arrive :(

Dang you I have to actually get off my arse to go and get my copy. Mind you this morning sony sent me a promo letter about GTC and one thing I didnt know was that GTC has Monaco on it the Japanese version didnt!

I realy wanted to get GT3 finished by the time GTC came out, but thats not going to happen I have still got the like the wind race, F1 cup and a few enduros to complete. And im doing an OLR as well Grrrr :mad:

Originally posted by alexy2k
When will you get to play it danOh? I'm guessing we're not gonna see you in GTP for at least 24hrs cause you'll be glued to your new game? :smilewink

Well I go home from work (currently 4:51pm) at :burnout: 5:30 pm, and you can guess the first thing I'll do when I get indoors!

I will be back online for a while fairly soon after that to report on Autumn Ring for vat_man :D

I too wanted to get GT3 finished again first, but still have a few amateur races and the entire of pro left to do yet :eek:

Well guys, it certainly is impressive looking - in a small but noticeable way - the lighting in the showroom and on the tracks is far nicer, brighter highlights etc...

The physics seem improved - but again only descrete...

Sounds are better, supercharger in the Mini has a distinct whine to it, and they have no simulated semi-automatic tiptronic style gearboxes which make an rpm/shifting sound that differs from the normal full manuals.

Autumn Ring is very impressive, textures look to be very hi-res and the camber of the road pulls the cars off line nicely... Stadiums and other details at Midfield look tasty too.

Ok - only a short post - wanna get back and play some more!

Any questions you want answered - post em' here!

danOh is it true that there's no tuning and no Credit System? :eek:

Would you say this is a reliable review? :D

If you are a fan of the GT series then more than likely you are also a bit of a car nut. GT Concept based on the GT3 graphics and physics engine, which is no bad thing. It's been over a year since GT3 was launched yet the graphics are still mind blowingly gorgeous and the handling has yet to be beaten by any racing game on any format.

GT Concept has 198 cars, most of them being of the Japanese variety, but there are also manufacturers from Europe and America. I am personally pleased to see the inclusion of the Jaguar S-Type R and the Pagani Zonda S (one of those rare beasts, a concept car that made it in to production), two the greatest cars that have recently been produced in my opinion. This is what I like about the GT series, you can get to drive your dream car like a nutter and get away with it. As you may guess from the title, not only are the usual suspects of everyday road and racing cars included, but also some of the madder concept cars that have been featured at the 2002 Tokyo and Geneva motor shows. In what other game can you race around in Pods? No, not the 600mph anti gravity flying machines as piloted by the boy Skywalker, but little Toyota city cars that wag their little stumpy tail at you as you pass them by.

The game as whole has been trimmed down in terms of actual gameplay content. There is no GT or arcade mode as such, more an amalgamation of the two. The license section of the game has been changed somewhat for GT Concept. Instead of having to do 10 short tests to get each license, in this version you only have to make one lap of the selected track and try to beat the clock. You have to beat the clock on each track so as to make it available in the single race mode. There are only 5 tracks to race around, Mid-Field Race Course, Tokyo R246, Autumn Ring, Tahiti Maze and Swiss Alps, with each one being driven forwards and reversed, so a total of 10 different races. Sony decided to include those that they considered the best tracks from the series. I have to say that I am disappointed that there is no Grindlewald, a personal favourite of mine. The two rally stages are the most fun to drive, as I have yet to come across a rally that game that can match the GT3 rally engine when it comes to being able to control a powerslide with such precision. Finally there is the obligatory 2 player split screen race mode and I am glad to say that the -I-link up race mode has also been kept.

There is no credit system to acquire new cars , so no more having to race the same race over and over to build up your pot of gold to get that next car. Instead there is a simple reward system. You get a new car each time that you win a race on either the normal or pro level of single race or when you get a time that beats the bronze or gold time. Being a bit tasty at racing games, I found that I had very little problem in getting gold in each of the licenses and winning the races on pro level. This meant that I was getting two new cars after each race or license test. Some people might say that this was too easy, but I say that I want all the cars as quickly as possible, so that I can then spend the rest of my time racing each and every car. One of the other changes that have been made in GT Concept is that of the car tuning. Where as in the previous versions you have been able to buy various mods to tune your prized car, this ability has been taken away from you. But you do still retain the ability to change the set up of your car. You can change the gear ratio, how much down force there is at the front and the back, what type of tyre compound you have or how supply or hard your suspension is set. I like the fact that you can't go and stick a stage 4 turbo on your Mini Cooper so that it can out pace a Skyline in a straight line; it just adds that little extra touch of realism.

Well guys, it certainly is impressive looking - in a small but noticeable way - the lighting in the showroom and on the tracks is far nicer, brighter highlights etc...

Autumn Ring is very impressive, textures look to be very hi-res and the camber of the road pulls the cars off line nicely... Stadiums and other details at Midfield look tasty too.

Thanks dan0h.

Alexy2k - that's right - there's only arcade mode, no GT mode, so you're quite right, no credits, no tuning.

Thats a pretty good review yep ... the unlocking of cars is a simple win-race win-car situation, and there are no tuning parts available. Most of the cars have tweakable suspension and some aero, but thats it I'm affraid...

New physics are excellent though, a little more feel to it than before, both from the GT-Force wheel, and the "visual-feel"...

Hope for your sake that your copy arrives soon Alex :D

What was the actual price you paid for GTC?
Because where I live, it will cost as much as any other PS2 game, and I thought that it was going to be cheaper....

Thats a pretty good review yep ... the unlocking of cars is a simple win-race win-car situation, and there are no tuning parts available. Most of the cars have tweakable suspension and some aero, but thats it I'm affraid...

New physics are excellent though, a little more feel to it than before, both from the GT-Force wheel, and the "visual-feel"...

Ahh - danoh, didn't realise you were a fellow Logitech user! That's good, thanks for the feedback (pardon the pun!), GT3 has pretty close to the best force-feedback effects in a game I've come across (the only one that's come close is Colin McRae 2 for the PC, which bodes well for TOCA Race Driver and Colin McRae 3 for the PS2).

I got it today, $80.00NZ, and the first track i raced was Midfield Raceway.
I have to say, that it is the most realistic looking track in the game so far. They have done heaps to it since GT3.

- Put in new grandstands
- Put see through windows in the pit buildings (you can now see right through the building to the back of it)
- Put tons of skidmarks on the road
- Added a new lake
- Put up tons more safety fences
- Put in more trees
- Upgraded the background scenery

This game is a massive improvement on GT3. :)

Definately the best Gran Turismo game out there. :)

Well I'm back at work now (8:48am!) and I've had all of yesterday evening to play GTC - so here is a little bit more info that I can recall that you guys might like...

The new physics make the cars easier to catch, but somehow without making it too easy, the feel of the force feedback on the wheel seems to be more immediate than GT3 with instant reaction from the wheel as soon as it all starts to go a bit broad.

A natty new feature (unless I've just never seen it before) is the ability to zoom in on your target car in replays using the Triangle key. New incidental music when you win a race or a fastest lap in free run mode is quite a good touch also. Start-line-cam is how the replays all start now, this really shows just how quickly you exit the startline!

Rally mode also feels greatly improved with I think improvements in sound (much more rough sounding when struggling for traction etc) and again feeeeeeeedback.

The simulation of brute torque is more convincing now, cars like the new GT40 with a Supercharged V8 really do pull like a train from 2000 upwards, met with a far more convincing noise than before, a good mix of supercharger noise, V8 rumble and gearbox whine. Infact to that end all of the engine sounds are now much better at low rpm, again as is the delivery of torque. You really can now drive them all as you would a real car.

The cars with a semi-auto gearbox (SL500, Lancer GT-A etc) are now quite easy to spot as the sound on gear changes is much more like that of an automatic car, but obviously under your own control.

The SUV's are excellent fun and provide no end of drift amusement!

There are a couple of bugs I've seen, the replay at Midfield stutters for about a second as you exit the bridge/tunnel leading into the sweeping lefthander. And some of the car info screens (which only prize cars have) have mess-ups in the text and show information for the wrong model.

So what else? Ummm... Leaves at Autumn Ring are nice if you drive onto the grass, they all blow up behind you in a satisfying swirl!

The introduction does hint heavily at GTC - Detroit... So I think the americans are going to get their own version :D

The AI is no better, and they dont put up a great deal of a challenge even in Ace mode, I played for only a few hours last night and I'm already 48% through the game... :rolleyes:

My only real concern for GTC is that I think its going to take the edge off of GT3 in a big way, as the improvements to GTC, albeit only subtle ones, do really start to make GT3 look a bit rough at times - especially on the textures... :(

Thats all I can think of for now... other than to say that everything just looks nicer than before!

:lol: so do I mate, only myself to blame though :shakehead..

How far are you into the game now then?

:lol: as we speak my sister is going to a game shop to purchase gran turismo concept I know what I am doing tonight (Friday night RAW doh I mean gtc)

YYEESS my GTC arrived at Lunchtime today, it's way early and I'm ssoo pleased :thumbsup:

Wow the game is amazing....Keeno you gotta play it asap

danOh mate how far are you? Done the Pod Race yet :lol: It's cRaZy...

I've bought GT Concept today, and man does it look awesome:drool:
The graphics are just a little better then GT3 and i like especially like the blue interface of the menu's.

The only thing that got me a bit worried is the handling of the cars. When you go into a corner, the car automatically slows down. Even in a full-speedcorner, the car loses speed.

In my opinion, gt3 is still the best of them all, but GT Concept is second, and will help me get through the summer:D

Yea I know what you mean MadeInHolland, like on the last corner of Midfield raceway you have to switch down a gear due to the slope, that didn't occur on GT3 :curvyrd:

I guess you could say it's more realistic? And as others have said the physics :magnify: are better as the acceleration would naturally suffer on slopes and fast corners or a combination of both, bodyroll, balance etc...:D

That front end dip feeling is great at the braking point :burnout:

Thanks dan0h for the...sum-up notes,
Looks as if us Yanks get the long wait this time...so just rub it in you guys, I think we can take it... :eek:
Hey, any one seen if I-link has replays?

Cool forum...this is My first post here
Thank for the NEWS all.
Peace, Billy

It's at least two days till i get myn :( Monday my mum passes by an EB on her way to work so she can pick it up then :)
Buttttt....

If the release is still being delayed in OZ that means i'll have to wait till the 24th :mad:

Back