GT Force Pro Review

• Thread starter Rue
  • 161 comments

Rue

Apparantly...
Premium
Hong Kong
Hong Kong SAR
I've just got the GT Force Pro, it's a beauty. Review will come later :)

Okay, this is my first wheel, so I have nothing to compare it to.

First impressions are that this wheel is very high quality, and for HK$1379 it should be! The centre boss is made from metal and the wheel is coated in some kind of imitation leather vinyl which sounds bad, but it isn't. The gear knob isn't couted in vinyl though, which I thought was a bit cheap. The sequential +/- box is as it should be, push up for shift down pull back for shift up and the micro-switches click when you shift. The gearstick is set to be on the right and is unchangeable, which doesn't matter for me. There are also two paddle shifts behind the steering wheel, but I find they are a bit too small and fiddly.

When you turn on the PS2 the wheel calibrates itself rather violently, and then you're off...

(More to come later, I've got no time now.)

Originally posted by maskrider
Damn ! I don't have space for it. Even my GT Force was left in the box for quite some time already.

How much ? HK$1450 ?

HK$1375

From Toys R Us, I just walked in and bought it. Everybody seemed more interested in X-Box :rolleyes:

Originally posted by chaser_fan
From Toys R Us, I just walked in and bought it. Everybody seemed more interested in X-Box :rolleyes:

X-BOX ?!! It makes me wonder, there is not much good console style games (to Asian) on it.

X-BOX ?!! It makes me wonder, there is not much good console style games (to Asian) on it.

I agree, X-Box really caters more to Western tastes. In fact the people looking at it were from a different country.

I've heared you can change how much you need to turn the wheel, is that true? I'm not too keen on having to turn 900 degrees for full lock.

Hey when u do a review please compare the gt3 wheel to the gt4 wheel, because if theres not too much difference i mite just get the gt3 wheel instead because its much cheaper..

Originally posted by Soman
How does it feel compared to a real wheel?

Having never driven anything more special than an Audi A4, I couldn't really tell you. Oh wait, I've driven a Formula Ford around Castle Combe, how could I forget that! Yes, you can feel all the track irregularities in the wheel and on a tight corner you really have to monster the wheel around. The only problem is, I'm always scared I'll break it, so I tend to not be to aggressive with it, which is a bit silly I suppose.

How are the clamps ?

Can you take a photo of the clamps ?

I tried accomodating the GT Force with my desk and I succeeded. May be I can use it.

YAY ! I just got mine. I only have GT3 at the momoent and im wating for GT4:Prologue.

I seem to have a problem though. Everytime when i am going striaght or when I just stop and stay still, my wheel keeps turning side to side.

Anyone else having this problem ?

YAY ! I just got mine. I only have GT3 at the momoent and im wating for GT4:Prologue.

I seem to have a problem though. Everytime when i am going striaght or when I just stop and stay still, my wheel keeps turning side to side.

Anyone else having this problem ?

How are the clamps ?

Can you take a photo of the clamps ?

I tried accomodating the GT Force with my desk and I succeeded. May be I can use it.

Here you are. They're adjusted by screwing/unscrewing the 'bolt' at the top.

Originally posted by chaser_fan
Here you are. They're adjusted by screwing/unscrewing the 'bolt' at the top.

Thank you. But I didn't wait and have already bought it, ha ha ! I am reckless but this one is feeling super great comparing to my old GT Force. I love it.

Back