GT League is too easy in some classes and events

• Thread starter Dess81
  • 31 comments
Russian Federation
Russian Federation
I really like GT League. But many events are too easy. I noticed that the difficulty depends more on the class of cars. For example, in the last update I hardly won the 'Tourist Trophy' races, although I easily win Gr2 or Gr1 in the Professional League at the same time. I've noticed that the use of hard tires and standard settings make the game harder, but not enough. For example, in all Gr2 tracks I go to the 1st place for 5-7 laps out of 10. I would like to know how you make the game more difficult, what power settings you set, etc.
I really like to play in different classes, but it's a really hard for me to choose the correct car for the good competition. I don't feel the balance at all. For example I can easily win in Gt2 in Autopolis using 90% of power and 100% weight (Motul). And also I take the 1 place in 4-6 laps in Gr4 class in Arcade Mode (Hard difficult, without the handicap, 20th place). It's too easy and boring to win in long races with pitstops (60 min+). But Super Formula trackes a really hard (I needed more then 10 tries to win Suzuka track), and F1500 tracks are really hard too. It seems like AI makes too big mistakes in some car classes in some races. And I had a really big fights in "Audi TT Cup" in every track. I have feeling like difficulty depends on track + car class too much. I think PD need to make something with AI. It's not the best pleasure to get the first place in 1-2 lap on 4-5 lap race (or the first place in 6th lap on 10 lap race) . It's great to get the first place on the last lap or so.

p.s. I'm waiting for AI update. I have made 1 big mistake at Fuji Speedway in F1 class yesterday (lost about 8 seconds) and got the 3d place only (I have 20+ wins on this track). I really hope that there was some AI changes or so. But events for Gr2 class in Professional League are too easy and boring like it was before.

p.s.s.: sorry for my pure english.

The entire GT League is far too easy and provides no challenge whatsoever. I would love there to be an AI update but wouldn't expect anything until GT7.

GT Sport was never really intended to have GT League so I assume Polyphony were not working on a new AI model. It strikes me as GT6 code, which was already very poor, being used here.

Hopefully the next game has an entirely new AI model.

If you wanted to make things "harder" then keep dropping the power or upping the weight until you find a combo that makes it come closer to the finish. Ultimately it's a bad 'fix' as the AI driving doesn't get any better, it just means you're playing "Catch the rabbit" with a slower car...

Also, don't apologise for your English, it's better than most English people I know ;)

The only GT League Event I've really struggled with so far was the Super Formula event. That one was crazy. But I still haven't done most of the professional league events.

Pick slower cars or tune down your car. I really hope these people saying the GT League is too easy aren't picking the fastest possible car for the event.

Personally I just want to gold all events so I pick a good car. I just have fun taking it easy the first few laps, following and trying to do proper clean overtakes, then cruise the rest of the race once I get to the front.

As mentioned pick a slower car or tune it to challenge yourself. And try to avoid easy patterns like relying on the same spot to pass AI each time unless you're specifically practicing that. Many spots where you can pass AI easily, you cannot against real drivers. AI can be dumb.

The default is likely set to the average level to challenge the average skill level. Even at the Professional level, it's an average Pro level.

And using a slower car and getting the clean race bonus are totally worth your time. 50% bonus for clean race + whatever bonus for car handicap can easily double your reward.

The entire GT League is far too easy and provides no challenge whatsoever. I would love there to be an AI update but wouldn't expect anything until GT7.

GT Sport was never really intended to have GT League so I assume Polyphony were not working on a new AI model. It strikes me as GT6 code, which was already very poor, being used here.

GT5 has better AI than GTSport.
That should tell you something.

I had a similar experience and the solution I found that worked for me was I would select an n class car- let's say n400, racing hard tires and mostly stock settings for everything except for suspension. then these custom race settings: start from last, no boost, professional difficulty, tire wear and fuel at 1x and my opponents driving gr.4. This not only yields an exciting challenge but with a clean race bonus around 180k. Alternatively if you want more of a challenge, drive a n500 vs gr3 cars.

Its either too easy or too hard...

Try the F1500s, the x2014, the W08 and even the SF19 races for some big time blatant AI cheating.

I had a similar experience and the solution I found that worked for me was I would select an n class car- let's say n400, racing hard tires and mostly stock settings for everything except for suspension. then these custom race settings: start from last, no boost, professional difficulty, tire wear and fuel at 1x and my opponents driving gr.4. This not only yields an exciting challenge but with a clean race bonus around 180k. Alternatively if you want more of a challenge, drive a n500 vs gr3 cars.
That's a pretty cool idea, might have to give this a go myself 👍

Well, if you want some real challenge there, maybe you could drive an inferior car next time over these opponents.

Well, if you want some real challenge there, maybe you could drive an inferior car next time over these opponents.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190424142503.jpg

Without a doubt an inferior car to the Viper, but I still gained 6s per lap to make up a half-minute deficit. Not only that; I even gained 1-2 tenths on the straight every lap! I didn't watch this replay, but I've seen Gr.3 AI running at 2/3 throttle and I assume something similar was happening here. "Push the accelerator a bit harder" is actually valid advice here... :lol:

Or maybe it's just the Eurobeat adding 200hp to my car

Seriously though, they've shown they can make competent AI as seen in F1 races, surely it shouldn't be too hard to apply that sort of code to the rest of GT League? Or at least make them push the pedal all the way?

Have a go with R8 Gordini 1966 (Gr.X) in the Nostalgic 1979 races.... that's a challenge not for the faint hearted!

Have a go with R8 Gordini 1966 (Gr.X) in the Nostalgic 1979 races.... that's a challenge not for the faint hearted!

Isnt this car like $80,000? Amazingly cheap car for the 1979 races but performance will be sub TZ2.

While I would like an AI update to make the racing more realistic. In the meantime I’d be happy with a, selectable, higher difficulty level. In PC sims it’s common place to be able to tune AI pace beyond Easy, Medium, Hard.

Let us compete in GT League races with quicker AI for an extra credit bonus. As they do when using a lower class car. Of course you can detune the car. But I’d rather run whatever car I like, and select higher difficulty AI.

In custom races it goes without saying we should be able to select the exact cars we want to compete against. IE just Group C cars or a single-make F1 GTR race.

View attachment 816843

Without a doubt an inferior car to the Viper, but I still gained 6s per lap to make up a half-minute deficit. Not only that; I even gained 1-2 tenths on the straight every lap! I didn't watch this replay, but I've seen Gr.3 AI running at 2/3 throttle and I assume something similar was happening here. "Push the accelerator a bit harder" is actually valid advice here... :lol:

Or maybe it's just the Eurobeat adding 200hp to my car

Seriously though, they've shown they can make competent AI as seen in F1 races, surely it shouldn't be too hard to apply that sort of code to the rest of GT League? Or at least make them push the pedal all the way?
Well, I guess he's right then.. Btw, that's hilarious. :lol:

The problem isn't AI or difficulty, the problem is the stretched out start and boost setting. Better AI would help, too, but it's not the main problem imo.

Custom races with boost off and adjusted power are fun.

Besides single make most of the GT League events are more challenging if you choose your 2nd or 3rd best car.

If you have an N600 challenge then dont choose a McLaren F1... or a 991 GT3... choose something that will make you work hard.

I think everyone realises that leagues are an afterthought.

They should put the "Easy" difficulty AI at Beginner League, the "Normal" difficulty AI at Amateur League, the "Hard" difficulty AI at Expert League, and "Professional" difficulty AI at harder ones like Extreme League. Just like Arcade mode ones, where it was hard for me to beat opponents at hard if you're not using fastest car in that class.

You can get harder GT Leaque races if you want to spend some time at it.
I spent the month of Sept. at Nostalgic '79 Lemans and this is what i found out.
At the race screen click - race settings - change car - click on the same car you are using,
and you get a different field of cars.(takes 10 seconds)

I was driving a fully boosted 330 P4 and after each race i would change up the field of cars,
eventually i came across a race where the fastest AI car ran 6:47.3 on average which was alot faster than most races.
I did that race 8 times in a row and he ran between 6:47.1 and 6:47.5 every race.
I wasn't fast enough to catch him at the time but it's a great way to test your set-up.

I did it with the Jag as well and the fastest AI i found was 6:49.5 and with the Ford it was 6:51.5 (give or take a few tenths on those times).
So, if it works like that at Lemans then would could assume it would work at other tracks/events.(maybe,i haven't tried it anywhere else)
It might take 10-15 races to find the fastest field of cars but once you find it you could be in for a challenging race.

Edit: So, just for fun and to get my daily done i did 3 races at Nos '79 Monza.
1st race fastest AI was 8:22 ,changed up field of cars, 2nd race ,AI did 8:04 , 3rd race 7:57,
so a full 25 second difference, and who knows if there's a faster AI yet to be seen.
And the 1st race is always a slow field. So i would say it's definitely better to change up the field of cars to get more competitive races.

Edit May 29th , Did my daily at Nos '79 with the 330 P4 today,
1st race an easy win with a 6.51 time,changed up field of cars and to my surprise got the fast
AI, he ran 6.47.226 , Named D.Ayers. Don't ever recall getting the fast AI car after just one field of cars change, so if you see that name at the start, you best be fast and try and catch his draft on the 2nd lap or you may not win.:lol:

Last edited:
To be honest, the Super Formula Championship should have more races such as the Red Bull Ring or at Monza. Very few laps for very cool cars. In my opinion, the Super Formula Championship should be on Professional with an A.I update. I hate that in custom races it's just the plain car and not the liveries. They should fix that.

They should put the "Easy" difficulty AI at Beginner League, the "Normal" difficulty AI at Amateur League, the "Hard" difficulty AI at Expert League, and "Professional" difficulty AI at harder ones like Extreme League. Just like Arcade mode ones, where it was hard for me to beat opponents at hard if you're not using fastest car in that class.

This would be the easy way to stretch that slim content further. Forget that crappy classification of beginner amateur professional etc. - at this late stage of the game, few people who play this are so crappy that they are challenged by most of the beginner amateur series.

You're better off doing a beginner/amateur/pro level in each category with longer laps and endurances times plus more conditions like higher fuel consumption higher tyre wear etc.

This would be the easy way to stretch that slim content further. Forget that crappy classification of beginner amateur professional etc. - at this late stage of the game, few people who play this are so crappy that they are challenged by most of the beginner amateur series.

You're better off doing a beginner/amateur/pro level in each category with longer laps and endurances times plus more conditions like higher fuel consumption higher tyre wear etc.
Yeah this was before I realized that GT AI rubberbands. Tbh this is why I would want a new game to structure this better in GT7 instead of an updated GTS where it's rushed in to the game.

I cant actually comment on the GT4 game structure as I havent deep dived into it but it seems like GT4 is one of the best of the series.

However I'd say that the GT5/6 game structure isnt that good either.... GT5 seemed better because there was a A and B-spec division but the GT6 star system seemed universally disliked.

And on that the GT Sport's structure is very very weak.

So in that regard PD have had a pretty damn weak showing on this front over the last decade over two generations.

Back