GT Prologue: First Impressions

• Thread starter Rue
  • 84 comments

Rue

Apparantly...
Premium
Hong Kong
Hong Kong SAR
As more people are beginning to get GT Prologue, why not post your first impressions of the game in here.

Mods: Shouldn't there be a forum dedicated to GTP now it's on the shelves?

Things I've noticed so far...

Pros:

- Crowd members running out of the way of the rally cars
- More delay between gear shifts
- Improved engine sounds
- Better sensation of speed
- Citta di Aria is stunning

Cons:

- Odd reflection effects on car paintwork

Originally posted by GTJugend
Chaser, does the cars backfire?

Nope, not so far! But I haven't driven the Fina McLaren yet!

Some more info...

- You can race with other cars on New York, Tsukaba and Fuji, but NOT on Citta di Aria :( or Grand Canyon

- You can choose three different car setups; Standard, Street and Race

- You gain new cars as you pass tests in 'school' mode. You can then use these cars in Arcade mode

- After you complete the first lot of tests, you go to a second set. These are mostly run against another car (same as you). They get a head start and you need to catch and pass them before the time/laps run out. If you run off the track or touch the rear or rear side of the other can then you instantly fail (INFURIATING)

- There are now time penalties. If you hit a wall at high speed to get an adventage you will get a 10 second penalty, where your speed is limited to about 20-30mph

- The spectators in the crowd are 2D, but parts of the running spectators are 3D (I think). Whatever, it doesn't matter, it still looks amazing when you're heading towards a load of spectators taking photos and they part at the last minute.

- Engine ounds are much improved over GT3. The Takata NS-X sounds phenomenol.

- There are now three camera views; 1st person, behind close and behind above far

- There is a feature called 'break' in the school part, where you have to knock over cones within a time limit

- After you complete the first lot of tests you get to see a video of GT4 including the Hong Kong circuit, now THAT looks amazing!

That's all for now
:D

Whoa! Nice write up chaser...i have couple of questions:

Are most of the texts in chinese/japanese characters? If so, does it really matter if you don't understand what it says...the basic concept is just to finish first, right? :)

Have you tried drafting behind other cars, is the effect similiar to GT3 or are there any noticable differences?

What kind of tracks are there in the "school" mode? Can you do free run in them later on?

Are you using the new logitech wheel?

Are the time trials/school mode tests more like GTC-level(pretty easy) or GT3-level (diffucult)? I mean getting gold...

The McLaren is definately in GTP :D

The proof is in the pudding as they say. So here's the pudding...

Originally posted by SunsetSkyline
Whoa! Nice write up chaser...i have couple of questions:

Are most of the texts in chinese/japanese characters? If so, does it really matter if you don't understand what it says...the basic concept is just to finish first, right? :)

Have you tried drafting behind other cars, is the effect similiar to GT3 or are there any noticable differences?

What kind of tracks are there in the "school" mode? Can you do free run in them later on?

Are you using the new logitech wheel?

Are the time trials/school mode tests more like GTC-level(pretty easy) or GT3-level (diffucult)? I mean getting gold...

No English, but not a problem

Drafting is included

All the arcade tracks plus a big open expanse for knocking over cones! But can't select this in arcade.

Easy to pass,difficult to get gold

;)

Originally posted by chaser_fan
Nope, not so far! But I haven't driven the Fina McLaren yet!

Now you have...

Did it backfire or have some of the rough sound characteristics of a hard-tuned engine?

Yea also how did you get it. Did you have to like get all golds?

Edit: Also how does it sound?? Does it have the real scream of the McLaren F1?

so far, i've only played GT4 Prologue for an hour.
a few differences i've noticed between GT3 and GT4 Prologue are:

- as chaser said, the car sounds are much improved, it's awesome, listening to cars like the Nur Skyline.

-the voice over instructions on the licensing tests.

-the car graphics are amazing outside the game, they're great in the game, but outside they kick butt, the reflections in the cars look way more natural.

-the license tests, most of them seem not to have a time limit for bronze medals. the gold time is really really hard, it seems.

-after finishing the license test, what looks like your pit crew comes out and congratulates you. it's really strange seeing people in the game. the graphics are done nicely, it's just strange after not seeing any people or voices of people in GT1, 2 or 3.

-the license tests are divided into four basic levels, green, orange, blue and red. most of the green tests are done on an oval track with one turn being a 30m radius turn and the other being a 60 meter radius turn. think of it as a super-downsized super speedway from GT3.

**chaser**, do you know if there's any point to the arcade mode? i've only played it a couple of times but it doesn't seem to have any bonus items like in GT3, where new tracks open up or news cars. The only way I've seen to get new cars and stuff is by completing the licences. also, my Honda Fit won't shift outta first, but it reaches speeds in upwards of 150kph. glitch?? i don't know. I was looking forward to driving the Fit because of the 7-speed tranny. oh well.

i gotta go play more. be back soon. -syn

Good writing ~~~synth61~~~
BTW the fit is CVT(Continuously Variable Transmission ) transmission.It change the gear ratio ,no need to shift up or down~
some Audi car have it too.

Chaser, I want to know how that car handles now and does it have backfire? Lets gang up on chaser and take his copy of GT4P lol j/k

Chaser, would it be possible for you to take more pics of the F1.

Cool, it's 6:30 here now (18:30), I'm off to watch Manchester united soon.

Originally posted by chaser_fan
- There are now time penalties. If you hit a wall at high speed to get an adventage you will get a 10 second penalty, where your speed is limited to about 20-30mph

- There are now three camera views; 1st person, behind close and behind above far
YEP, NICE !! :D :D :D ;)

Time penaltys are a good thing, what about driving off the track? I know KY has said he will put a penalty in for that but is it there yet and if it is how does it fit in the game?

They got it looking right, but hey, it'll probably be as crappy as the Diablo in GT3.

gt4p-bmwmcclaren-09.jpg

Back