GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Spa 24 hours night qualifying on YouTube. Not much respect for track limits. :yuck:

Yep but I think this was sort of communicated as I understood from the broadcast. I guess if the track would be dry, race control would be much less lenient.

I think Motor Trend has locked up the US rights to the 24 Hours of Spa. It's on their website. They seem to have most all of the big endurance races LeMans, Nurburgring, Spa, Bathurst. I'll just wait a few weeks until it hits the GT World YouTube channel. I don't want to dig out the laptop and search around for a feed that goes up and down or down completely and I'm not going through the "just do the free trial thing" for one race.

Speaking of which I still can't find Nurburgring 24 English replay. I have motortrend and it's almost kind of useless. You can watch live streams of races but they don't put up replays until they're already on YouTube. Useless.

Speaking of which I still can't find Nurburgring 24 English replay. I have motortrend and it's almost kind of useless. You can watch live streams of races but they don't put up replays until they're already on YouTube. Useless.

And that was my big issue with them as well. They want to charge you for live races, which is fine, but then they can't be bothered to leave the full race up for replay? Ridiculous. I contacted them asking why there was only a 54 minute or so highlight package for a race in case you couldn't see it live and they told me that they just didn't have the ability to post full length race replays at that time. And that was 3 years ago!!! I had already paid for a full year but I certainly never renewed again.

I think Motor Trend has locked up the US rights to the 24 Hours of Spa. It's on their website. They seem to have most all of the big endurance races LeMans, Nurburgring, Spa, Bathurst. I'll just wait a few weeks until it hits the GT World YouTube channel. I don't want to dig out the laptop and search around for a feed that goes up and down or down completely and I'm not going through the "just do the free trial thing" for one race.
GT World on YouTube has been posting all the practice and qualifying sessions. So I would hope they have the race too.

Edit: Here ya go.

Also...

Last edited:
The 2020 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps has gone on pretty nicely. It seemed a bit sad there's only one McLaren in this race, and that car is currently haing some troubles. There's a whole lot of solid talent in this race and some great teams.

Track limits. Track limits. Did I mention track limits? There have been a LOT of track limit violations called in the 2020 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps. And as of the time of this post, there is still 18:36:00.000 left in the race!

There was some story behind it after qualifications, but have no idea what happened there to making them rearrange track limits before the race. Still DF given were all weird, especially on background of those which haven't been.

There was some story behind it after qualifications, but have no idea what happened there to making them rearrange track limits before the race. Still DF given were all weird, especially on background of those which haven't been.

I heard a message from the race director right before the start that it had something to do with COVID protocols and social distancing. I don't know if that means they didn't have enough personnel during qualifying to monitor it properly or what that meant. But he said they had changed it back for the race but with the addition of the outer part of the curbs. As long as one wheel was in contact with the outer part of the curb you were good but all four outside the curbs would count as violations of track limits which is what we're seeing enforced now. If anyone is on twitter maybe you could message David Addison to see if he would explain it again.

I had to step away for about an hour and when I left the #32 Audi was right in the thick of the top 5 and I knew it had a drive through to serve but now it's 3 laps down, what happened?

I heard a message from the race director right before the start that it had something to do with COVID protocols and social distancing. I don't know if that means they didn't have enough personnel during qualifying to monitor it properly or what that meant. But he said they had changed it back for the race but with the addition of the outer part of the curbs. As long as one wheel was in contact with the outer part of the curb you were good but all four outside the curbs would count as violations of track limits which is what we're seeing enforced now. If anyone is on twitter maybe you could message David Addison to see if he would explain it again.

I had to step away for about an hour and when I left the #32 Audi was right in the thick of the top 5 and I knew it had a drive through to serve but now it's 3 laps down, what happened?

I have twitter, and saw a message about it, but lost it and can't find...

Audi is out, mechanical failure. EDIT: this about Van Der Linde car, not sure it was 32.

Lol, wonder if Merc 88 will get anything for cutting track. I guess not.

Last edited:

Audi is out, mechanical failure. EDIT: this about Van Der Linde car, not sure it was 32.

You're right, I think it was the #31 Van Der Linde I was referring to. I had the two car numbers mixed up.

I found a link to the explanation about the track limits now being enforced.

https://www.motorsport.com/gtwce-en...widget&ic_medium=widget&ic_campaign=widget-22

The drivers were told that track limits would only be enforced at the fast Eau Rouge sequence at the start of the Spa lap because the number of officials in race control for the double-points GT World Challenge Europe round had been reduced as a result of social distancing.

The guidelines resulted in cars utilising the asphalt run-off at key places around the track.

This included the exit of the Bus Stop chicane at the end of the lap, where cars were running across 10 metres of run-off and right up to the tyre barriers.

A bulletin issued on Saturday morning stated that "the track is limited by two white lines" and that "cars must remain in contact with the track".

The exceptions are the left-hand apex at the top of Eau Rouge (Turn 3), Speaker's or No Name Corner (Turn 9), Blanchimont (Turn 17) and the exit of the Bus Stop (Turn 19) where the kerbs beyond the white line will count as part of the track.

#47 Porsche in garage for extended repairs.

Yes, so much work has been done... Still 98 holding up faith, 2020 can't be that bad!

As for track limits, understandable, guess everyone on their place would "abuse" bigger limits, since it is faster.

The No. 88 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT was doing so well in the 2020 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, but its run was eventually cut short as it suffered a left-front tire puncture with it sparking like mad heading into the pits.

It's currently about 10:45:45.000 left in the race, and it is the No. 51 AF Corse Ferrari leading overall in this 56-car field.

The lady reporting in the pits is hilarious; It's around 11-12 celcius in Spa, and she's got the full winter coat/toque/gloves going on... :lol:

left-front tire puncture

The whole wheel assembly exploded, he was down to the hub and some suspension from the look of it at the time and in the pits?

The lady reporting in the pits is hilarious; It's around 11-12 celcius in Spa, and she's got the full winter coat/toque/gloves going on... :lol:

It's only 11C there now with an 18mph wind, so that's around 6C or 7C actual... likely far chillier at 4am. If you're outside for any length of time it would be wise to cover up.

Or is this Canadian Flex? As a Yorkshireman who only puts the heating on once glaciers have formed I approve.

Last edited:
Back