GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

For as bad as the road car looks, it actually looks bearable in GT3 trim. I suspect with a good livery it may even look somewhat decent.

I don't have much hope for the GT4 version though as it won't have as much aero bits to take the focus off the grill.
It still makes me want to slap the designer silly.

They obviously haven't learnt a damn thing if the new i4 is anything to go by.

For as bad as the road car looks, it actually looks bearable in GT3 trim. I suspect with a good livery it may even look somewhat decent.

I don't have much hope for the GT4 version though as it won't have as much aero bits to take the focus off the grill.
I agree. The front end on the GT3 spec car looks purposeful and fits in with the wild GT aero and body kit. Whereas the road car looks like the designer only just noticed the big front grille trend and slapped it on their design concept an hour before the project was due.

The time has come for the Spa 24h news to show up. First up is KCMG with a very promising lineup in the #47 Porsche 911 GT3 R: Nick Tandy, Laurens Vanthoor and Maxime Martin. Liveries looks damn good imho (I admit, I'm biased towards Porsche).

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/...pported-spa-24-hours-effort-with-porsche.html

unnamed-13.png

Last edited:
The time has come for the Spa 24h news to show up. First up is KCMG with a very promising lineup in the #47 Porsche 911 GT3 R: Nick Tandy, Laurens Vanthoor and Maxime Martin. Liveries looks damn good imho (I admit, I'm biased towards Porsche).

KCMG have always had excellent liveries. Their Nissan's always looked the part. Truthfully tho, until the Nurburgring 24h last week. I had totally forgotten that they switched over to Porsche. :lol: Handy lineup in the #47. 👍

I'm so used to the M3 I see every day, the grill is "whatever" now. In that bottom pic, the car's shape look like melting ice cream. Looking forward to the GT4 car though.

I'm so used to the M3 I see every day, the grill is "whatever" now. In that bottom pic, the car's shape look like melting ice cream. Looking forward to the GT4 car though.

A while ago BMW said that the GT4 will be M2-based, the M2 CS would be a good starting point. We’ll see I guess.

First DTM Monza race about to start.
Stil not a fan of Berger turning DTM into another GT3 series. I really don't get why they don't look over to the BTCC and try to copy their concept. They even have Audi's and Mercedes' racing there.

Anyway, Monza Livestream:

Spa 24h test session news:

First test session done, details here:

There's a typo in the article, the Iron Lynx Ferrari did a 2:30, not a 2:03. The actual times are also linked:

What's of note for me is the first time posted by the BMW M4 GT3. They're now about 2.2 seconds off the pace but this is their first outing, so I'm not concerned. We'll see how it performs in the further sessions and in the NLS 4 this Saturday.

Spa 24h second test session done, this time in dry or less wet conditions. The Iron Lynx Ferrari got second while the #18 KCMG Porsche got on the top of the table. The M4 was like 9 seconds off the pace but we obviously don't know how they ran the car as part of their test program.

In another news, the #21 Rutronik Porsche will be driven by Kevin Estre, Richard Lietz and Sven Mueller:

Last edited:
Spa 24h, first session of the second test day in the bag, the good ol’ M6 made it to the top. They shaved off 3 seconds or so from KCMG’s best time from yesterday.

Times:

Again, the new M4 GT3 ran 22 laps and was 1.185 seconds off the pace. The car seems definitely competitive for now, obviously it’s not homologated yet.

Last edited:
As of posting this, the BMW M4 GT3 is on top of the timing chart... According to one of the Twitter users Farfus is driving but I can't confirm it (EDIT: turned out to be incorrect, the fastest M4 time was set by Yelloly). Also, accordig to live timing, the M4 is the only car so far under 2:18, the next best is the #35 Walkenhorst M6 with 0.6s behind.

Live timing: https://results.ris-timing.be/circuit/24hspa/td2021/indexlive.htm

EDIT:

The M4, driven by Nick Yelloly did finish on top ahead of the #35 Walkenhorst M6 (Glock) and the #18 KCMG 911

Last edited:
If all stars align, we could see the M4 GT3 racing in its homologated form already in the Gulf 12h, Dubai 24h and Abu Dhabi 6h - potentially even in AsLMS if it stays in the Gulf region.

it’s also expected that we’ll see a 2 car program in Super Taikyu and Turner is expected to field it in the US, I assume both in IMSA and GTWC.

Speaking of Dubai 24h: 69 cars already registered, bunch of GT3s including the above mentioned M4. Five seems to be some sort of magic number for now, 5-5 991 and 992 Cup cars, 5 Aston GT8Rs and 5 XBow GTXs. There are some GT4s, TCRs and my secret favorites in TCX, 2 Ligier JS2Rs.

Here's a livestream of the British GT race at Spa. They're running a little delayed as I write; coverage is expected to start soon.

Latest Posts

Back