GT Sport 50% Discount Headlines PlayStation Store Europe Black Friday Deals

I would have been interested at this price had they added any new content, but it really doesn't look they're in any hurry and with the current car-track lineup I'm just not touching it. Good for my limited free time I guess.

Bit of a kick in the teeth for everyone who paid full price 4 weeks ago! Amazing that GTA5 is still commanding a similar price after all this time.

It’s surprising to see such a big discount so soon after release.
LOL, that was my first thought exactly after reading the headline. :)

Still not tempted even at half price, just too many annoying things and missing content for my liking...👎
Good luck to those who do like it, I hope you're not pissed that everyone else can now get it cheaper. ;)

LOL, that was my first thought exactly after reading the headline. :)

Still not tempted even at half price, just too many annoying things and missing content for my liking...👎
Good luck to those who do like it, I hope you're not pissed that everyone else can now get it cheaper. ;)
It's a good lesson... For the next GT, now, I know that I'll have to wait until Black Friday to get it at a good price.

You know financially you are way better off just ignoring new games but instead buy GOTY editions a year later at sales like Black Friday.

There are 2 deals on the Xbox store I am now interested in since they score really high in the value for money IMO:
- Assassin’s Creed Ezio Collection (20 EUR)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration (19,80 EUR)

The first is a collection of 3 previous gen console games all remastered for current gen. All 3 games include all DLC as well. For 20 EUR that’s a steal.
The second is a newer game from 2015 which includes all DLC as well and is even nicely X1X enhanced with 4K and HDR. It’s the follow-up of that other Tomb Raider game which I bought at last year’s Black Friday for less than 9 EUR.

I still have so many unfinished games but the temptation to buy new games is often hard to resist. COD WWII is also a title that interests me but I haven’t even begin to play Battlefield 1 which I bought for discount last years’ Black Friday.

I could just buy the discounted Assassin’s Creed tripple pack, NFS Payback, F1 2017 and WRC 7 now since those are all racing games that interest me but IMO it’s still better to wait longer, maybe next years’ Black Friday. By then the prices will be further cut in half or GOTY editions with all DLC content will be added.

There are just too many great games to play nowadays and I think at some point this expensive market for premium priced games + season pass DLC + micro transactions will just collapse. I for sure cannot keep up playing the games at the rate I have been buying them.

GT Sport a game built around online racing, will now have even more people to race against, not seeing the down side here. But i'm sure people who don't play the game will enlighten me.

It is swings and roundabouts on the PSN Store. I made the decision to go digital only last year and also buying PS+ in the sale for 18mths. I have picked up some amazing cheap digital games in the sale each season. I pre-ordered GT Sport, and a few other games this year but on the other hand I got WRC7, Wolfenstein, Honor & HZD all half price in the sales. Although I really didn't think the new releases would drop so much so soon!

Lesson learnt and I will think twice before pre-ordering a new release game next year so close to Black Friday or a Bank Holiday!

I haven't bought it either, & like you the half price offer isn't tempting enough.

Also, the original Project CARS is only £7.99 in the Games For Under £8 tab.

GT Sport a game built around online racing, will now have even more people to race against, not seeing the down side here. But i'm sure people who don't play the game will enlighten me.
Where did anyone say there was a down side? All that has been said is that it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who paid full price 4 weeks ago and others have said even at that price it doesn't tempt them. Think you are seeing things that are not there.

Black Friday 2022?
I never buy a game on day-one; I always wait to find them at a good price (5-20€). For the first time, I decided to buy one on day-one for... 50€. 4 weeks later it drops down to 15€... SERIOUSLY :mad:? I'm TO-TAL-LY disapointed :mad:........... I won't buy any DLC for this game :mad: and in 2022, for GTS2, I'll wait the end of november, OF COURSE :mad:... if Gran Turismo still exists...

Bit of a kick in the teeth for everyone who paid full price 4 weeks ago! Amazing that GTA5 is still commanding a similar price after all this time.

It’s surprising to see such a big discount so soon after release.
Well.... Black Friday was always coming though. The real question though. Is this just a sale price that would have happened anyway or is it a sign of Sony not being happy with the sales numbers?

I decided it was now at a price I thought I'd get some value so I bought it mainly for the photomode. Having tried many of the cars I see no reason to use it for racing /driving. It's garbage to drive. Every car is lifeless. Shame as the actual system for racing is great. AI on maximum level in arcade mode are absolutely no challenge. Have they not heard the complaints for the last decade or more? The sounds are dreadful. They might have improved a little but honestly they are still worse than anything else out there. I will try VR mode soon to see if that can grab me. The photomodes are great as is the livery editor. I can cope with less content (more on the way), it's the woeful driving experience that is the big turn off.

Project CARS 2 is better for driving /racing than this on wheel and controller (except for a few cars). It also has a pretty good photomode itself (althoug not of GTS standard). Now where's that 3.0 patch? :)

$45 here in NZ. Probably still wouldn't buy it until in the bargain basement, just not enough content and everything drives like its on rails*.

*EDIT: Especially now that they have updated to make it even easier to control.

Feel bad for those players that bought full price a few weeks back though.

Last edited:
VBR
I just realised that the 50% off GT Sport is for PS Plus members only! So I have to spend more money to get money off a game, err...no thanks!

And yet, right there in the article:

PS Plus subscribers have access to these awesome deals right now, while the rest of the community will gain access to them Thursday, November 23.

VBR
I just realised that the 50% off GT Sport is for PS Plus members only! So I have to spend more money to get money off a game, err...no thanks!
And yet, right there in the article:
PS Plus subscribers have access to these awesome deals right now, while the rest of the community will gain access to them Thursday, November 23.
I see what you did there. :) 👍
So for people without PS+ they only need wait a day to get the same discount deal.

Superb news that these run until the 27th, gives me a chance to get GT Sport for £25 and not have the hassle of a physical copy.

Ive never known a GT game to drop in price so quickly. I ordered it on Friday for just £22. Insane price considering just out.

Exactly. GT is basically a marketing strategy of Sony. I know a lot of people that get PS just because of GT. And of course then they buy some other stuff = Sony makes profit.
With GTS this move is also good for actual players because more players play, more fun it is.

With the update today including offline gameplay, I suspect there'll be quite a few who are much happier with their purchases now.

VXR
With the update today including offline gameplay, I suspect there'll be quite a few who are much happier with their purchases now.

I think you will enjoy the photo mode and Scapes. After a few weeks once you learn all the settings it is on another level to many other games for it's quality. 👍

I think you will enjoy the photo mode and Scapes. After a few weeks once you learn all the settings it is on another level to many other games for it's quality. 👍

I already can't bare to look at Forza shots because of that rubbish lighting engine.

Back