GT SPORT AUGUST UPDATE1.25

• Thread starter Sven4057
  • 698 comments
My opinion about Mini branding in GTS it is simply an ownership of a brand. Mini historically still a British marques but the acquisition of whole brand to BMW makes modern Mini does feel a bit more "German" because it does share same parts, technology and platform. I know it is quite jarring to see Mini marque placed in German section judging by its origins, but I guess it is not completely wrong either by looking at the current ownership too.

Am I seeing that the 1965 Cooper S is branded “MINI”? Oh no!!

I had a 1965 Cooper, the 998 cc version, and it was a “Morris”. It looked like the photo below, same color, but without the “S” above “MORRIS COOPER”. There were “Austin” versions. Back in 1965, there was no actual make of car called “MINI” IIRC, and if there was, it had nothing to do with these BMC cars.

(I’m not even sure that the photo below is a genuine “S” since it only has one fuel filler. Again, IIRC, they added a second 5.5 Imperial gallon fuel tank on the right hand side in “S” models. There was a high demand for badges which “upgraded” Coopers.)

9027C06F-3F5D-41B4-88FB-163893363EA3.jpeg

Ack, I'm 5 million short. Sold all my duplicates and left over stash of Shelby cobras, still can't afford the 20 mil race car. I did get the 15 mil cobra, looks the same lol. Time to do some GT League, the weekly races aren't that interesting nor pay out very much.

I left for work at 7.30am today so I left my PS4 on as I knew maintenance would happen while I was away.

So I get back at 3pm start up GTS and now it says I have to download 4.1Gb - dude dude... what were you doing while I was at work?

I phoned wife and I told her that there was a critical update in my "racing simulation system", and if she really wanted to go to Japan with Nissan and the Nissan academy (I'm actually category C) she better click in the red guy with helmet that is celebrating inside the "sim-racing box" LOL. Wife doen't even know what a Play Station is. All she knows is that the best and biggest telly in the house is connected to it and only I can use it.

2gt5s1.jpg

Or just set it to auto update. Mine was done before I even woke up.

How do you set the auto update for those of us who lazy at work, atm.

Jerome

Hi all,
I'm wondering that no one is complaining about the missing Fanatec support. It was March 28th when Mr. Jackermeier himself announced...

'I will meet with him (i.e. Kazunori Yamauchi) very soon so please let me know how you like the implementation now and what improvements related to our wheels you would like to see.'.

And still we don't have

- rev lights support
- gas pedal rumble (traction loss)
- adjustable steering wheel rumbles
- correct Auto SEN setting

Cheers,
Rinki

Tata Motors owns Jaguar, so that’d make a 1965 E-Type Jaguar an Indian car?
That logic is a little too abrasive, Jaguar has been associated with British people since its inception, but Mini has been associated with Germans ever since BMW took charge. Almost everyone knows the Mini is German, or at least the great majority. That's the difference.

Does anyone know wich is the cheapest car to use in the Campaign Premium nostalgic race ?

Also how is the payout in those races ?

160,000 credits
15 million is the cheapest car

Ouch ok.

Loving the update. Just still finds it a bit idiotic that there is way to get these cars at a more resonable way :-(

I played the game for 125 days, have + 250 sports mode races, and still only earned about 22 millions all in all.

Also did the daily race everyday. Just once did i see the Jaguar, wich i obviously dident won.

With this system a guy could play for like 3 years without ever getting those cars. Thats dumb.

I am not asked to get the cars for free. But we should be able to earn credits at a more resonable pace across all modes, and not only by doing such a boring grind on blue moon vs AI.

Ouch ok.

Loving the update. Just still finds it a bit idiotic that there is way to get these cars at a more resonable way :-(

I played the game for 125 days, have + 250 sports mode races, and still only earned about 22 millions all in all.

Also did the daily race everyday. Just once did i see the Jaguar, wich i obviously dident won.

With this system a guy could play for like 3 years without ever getting those cars. Thats dumb.

I am not asked to get the cars for free. But we should be able to earn credits at a more resonable pace across all modes, and not only by doing such a boring grind on blue moon vs AI.

+50 points.

I feel u on that

Actually scratch that. The download actually took me 90 minutes.

God bless 20mbps Fibre Optic Internet. Not a Gigabit one but still quite decent for everyday use.

It took me 20 minutes lmao, god bless my 100 Mbps

Took me 4 minutes, god bless my 10Gbps fibre - shame none of my devices on my ethernet network can go above 1Gbps.

Even then it was hampered by Sony's slow servers.

Edit: it's actually taking far longer to install than it was to download.

Back