GT Sport beta physics discussion - Read the First Post Before Replying

• Thread starter z06fun
  • 1,164 comments
Just a tip, adjust your wheel rotation to match the rotation on the screen.
The beta is not adjusting the rotation automatically, after doing this you will have better FFB, better turn in, and control in general.
Some cars with 180º of rotation it might be a litle twichy.
The game resets the rotation of your wheel every time you leave the track, so every time you enter the track you have to change the rotation.
This is what happens with the T500, i don´t know if this is a thrustmaster thing or all wheel do the same.

How is the FFB with the Cronus?
It's acceptable. I think it varies greatly from wheel to wheel. With the Fanatec it's plenty strong enough. There are a lot of on wheel settings to change and I haven't really had the time to mess with them too much so can't give a definitive answer. I know @Scaff was complaining that he couldn't sense any hint of reduction in force when a car starts to understeer which is definitely present for me. I think he was using a Thrustmaster wheel however.

It's certainly not as good as AC or PC (when you spend the time to tune it correctly) but it all seems to make sense.

It's acceptable. I think it varies greatly from wheel to wheel. With the Fanatec it's plenty strong enough. There are a lot of on wheel settings to change and I haven't really had the time to mess with them too much so can't give a definitive answer. I know @Scaff was complaining that he couldn't sense any hint of reduction in force when a car starts to understeer which is definitely present for me. I think he was using a Thrustmaster wheel however.

It's certainly not as good as AC or PC (when you spend the time to tune it correctly) but it all seems to make sense.

Right, before i´ve found the FFB a litle vage and with a center dead zone, after setting the rotation right, the FFB was really nice and stronger arround the center, i could feelt the understeer and the weight of the car moving arround.
Even changing the setup of the car have an impact on the FFB, like if you get harder springs you will feel a more heavy steering and vice versa.

If you rev match there is no danger in downshifting. I use engine braking in my Mondeo every day. (its relatively strong). Off course stopping would take too much time and distance, but if you want to slow a bit, its good.
Or if you going downhill by engine braking you dont have to use normal brakes to keep speed limited.

EDIT: Full stopping is impossible because modern cars will always add throttle automaticaly. Maybe when going uphill the engine will stop.

Last edited:
Just a tip, adjust your wheel rotation to match the rotation on the screen.
The beta is not adjusting the rotation automatically, after doing this you will have better FFB, better turn in, and control in general.
The game resets the rotation of your wheel every time you leave the track, so every time you enter the track you have to change the rotation.
This is what happens with the T500, i don´t know if this is a thrustmaster thing or all wheel do the same.
I will give this a go tonight, as the T300 FFB is currently quite disappointing.

Weird, my T300 was adjusted normally - for the Vantage GT3, for example, it locked at 540 degrees or so, while the WRX had much more DOR.

As always, I have my wheel set at 1080 degrees.

Some of the AWD cars feel too stable, like they still have TCS on even after you turn it off.. The gr3 GTR being the worst offender. It's fun driving it like an idiot but it's not realistic at all, imo.

Weird, my T300 was adjusted normally - for the Vantage GT3, for example, it locked at 540 degrees or so, while the WRX had much more DOR.

As always, I have my wheel set at 1080 degrees.
Same here after testing it.

FFB is still not a patch on AC, and below a well setup Pcars.

t300 rs user here. what do i have to set up and how!? every time i go to a track i have to do what...? setting the wheel rotation on the actual hardware itself!?

Some of the AWD cars feel too stable, like they still have TCS on even after you turn it off.. The gr3 GTR being the worst offender. It's fun driving it like an idiot but it's not realistic at all, imo.
Its not good at all.

Its hard to know which is the bigger issue, the 4wd 'god mode' cars (full throttle on grass, gravel, etc. even without TC) or the Lotus Evora that has no idea what understeer is and will rotate like a spinning top at a whim.

t300 rs user here. what do i have to set up and how!? every time i go to a track i have to do what...? setting the wheel rotation on the actual hardware itself!?
I have mine set to 1080 as standard and don't need to adjust it manually by car, I still find it a bit rubbish in FFB terms however.

@Scaff i have to check that tonight... i was adjusting rotation for pcars a few month back and might have set it wrong.
the ffb feels kinda non existent in middle position, its very subtle noticable. hm...

Not sure if its been mentioned in here, but does anyone know how the clutch behaves compared to GT6? Do you still miss-shift 9 out of 10 times?

PD's gotta fix this curb of death bug

Do you guys think this has something to do with the physics mechanics?

Also, I can't access GTS private forum so if some of you are more lucky, put this video there, would you? Thanks

PD's gotta fix this curb of death bug

Do you guys think this has something to do with the physics mechanics?

Also, I can't access GTS private forum so if some of you are more lucky, put this video there, would you? Thanks

Had the same bug in the same spot just while driving an GTR. I reported it just without the wideo- will send this over.

(double post - but since its physics related..)

Something in this crash of mine makes me think the physics department of GT Sport has done good job. Cant quite say what, but its there.

I'd have to disagree. The car remains utterly stable and doesn't even leave the ground a single time, despite leaving the track, hitting a barrier and spinning multiple times, all at high speed!

This is closer to what should happen in these kind of situations.

I'd have to disagree. The car remains utterly stable and doesn't even leave the ground a single time, despite leaving the track, hitting a barrier and spinning multiple times, all at high speed!

This is closer to what should happen in these kind of situations.

yes - partly true. :cheers:

GT Sport doesnt simulate the "climb" or vertical vector of force when objects collide (as AC does so beutifylly in your video), but what comes to the spinning - flat surface creates flat spin. here is a real life video of similar GT cars doing it after a crash - in a pair no less.:lol: Seems the traction of the tyres is not much of a force when mass takes over. :lol:

(double post - but since its physics related..)

Something in this crash of mine makes me think the physics department of GT Sport has done good job. Cant quite say what, but its there.

Plus psychic skills having marshals, waving yellow flag to you before you crashed :lol:

Plus psychic skills having marshals, waving yellow flag to you before you crashed :lol:

actually theres a weird code there. I was thinking how great the flag system is and was going to comment. In the original replay the guy seen befor hitting the wall was not waving flag and the one after did right after the crash. one can even see the later guy FOLDING the flag away in the backgroung just before turning in the next corner. But then, after i had rewind the replay many times I notised the flags started to show before the crash. :odd::eek: I guess the replay is rendered using the game engine every pass. The flag guy must have got tired of me rewinding. :lol: ill check if i have earlier share of the video to confirm.

There - updated better quality and earlier run of the same replay. No psychic flag there..:eek: And i think i see some tilt when the car is spinning.. might just be seeing things.:indiff::lol:

Last edited:
yes - partly true. :cheers:

GT Sport doesnt simulate the "climb" or vertical vector of force when objects collide (as AC does so beutifylly in your video), but what comes to the spinning - flat surface creates flat spin. here is a real life video of similar GT cars doing it after a crash - in a pair no less.:lol: Seems the traction of the tyres is not much of a force when mass takes over. :lol:

The difference in that video is none of it involved going over a curb or onto a different surface, and they still left the ground when they hit the barrier. Oh and it's also wet.

As such 6.40 in that video is a better match for what GTS should have looked like.

Is GTS better than previous GTs in this regard? I would say a little, but it's still not good.

Last edited:
The difference in that video is none of it involved going over a curb or onto a different surface, and they still left the ground when they hit the barrier. Oh and it's also wet.

As such 6.40 in that video is a better match for what GTS should have looked like.

Is GTS better than previous GTs in this regard? I would say a little, but it's still not good.

I see we agree.. just comparing different points. "no vertical vector" = "cars not leaving ground" :cheers:

but other than the actual contact on the crash (which is still more of a bounce in GT Sport) I think the car recovers and spins quite well - both out of control (can see the rear wheel sinking after curb) and after the crash.

That lacking of vertical force in impact is a bit surprising, as one would just think its a piece of code "collision speed x = vertical vector x for the wheel closest to collision point" - not totally realistic, but would mimic enough for a game.💡

BTW Scaff - are you running AC on PS4? Have it also on ps4, but was a bit underwhelmed.

Last edited:
Back