GT Sport car sounds

• Thread starter The best5
  • 17 comments
Spain
Spain
I think car sounds are still so far for being good. Car sounds has improved over previous versions but it stills bad in my opinion.

I am talking about the sound in the exterior view. Most of the cars sounds the same to me. Sound is too clean and so quiet. I think they need to be much louder. It is so far for being realistic.

However in the cockpit view the sound is much better and it sounds more like the real car.

(Sorry for my english)

What do you think?

I have said for two years that most of the cars in the game sound the same. It breaks the immersion. The only game I can compare it to on my PS4 Pro is PC2. It may not be perfect but there are a lot of varying sounds in that game

Yep. Sound is subpar overall. its good on some cars like the current Mazda RX but many cars still sound like vacuum cleaners.

I think this is especially bad for people who have owned high performance japanese turbo sixes and American V8s... they sound crazy given std. modifications like exhausts.

A good example would be the Maserati Gran Turismo. Look up YT vids and then compare in game. It sounds like they barely even recorded the real car.

I recently tried getting into Assetto Corsa (and am still trying). The audio is stunning. I can't drive the Mazda 787B in GTS.... it really is an annoying high pitched scream on my set-up. In AC it sounds completely different..... and satisfying. AC also has ambient noises too, like the springs squeaking when you go over a curb..... really well done.
The audio in GTS is OK, but in AC, much better.
But I still love GTS the most! :):cheers:

I recently tried getting into Assetto Corsa (and am still trying). The audio is stunning. I can't drive the Mazda 787B in GTS.... it really is an annoying high pitched scream on my set-up. In AC it sounds completely different..... and satisfying. AC also has ambient noises too, like the springs squeaking when you go over a curb..... really well done.
The audio in GTS is OK, but in AC, much better.
But I still love GTS the most! :):cheers:
GTS has a spring squeak too but it's only one file and it's used on every car, including street cars. :P

Probably is something you are aware of, but did you try to adjust “sound settings” inside of the GT menu?

Is not a big change in my opinion but you can increase/decrease settings, increase engine sounds, reduce tire squeals and transmission a bit to hear more the engine. This of course will vary a little based on what view you are using e.g bumper, cockpit, etc. Sandly, seems like chase cam sounds better out of all (excluding cockpit).

As mentioned before, is not going to change that much, but is an option.

Some of the vehicle sounds in GT Sport are actually reused/modified sounds from GT6. Examples include the 125 Shifter Kart and The VW Sambabus. Anybody know of any other cars that reuse their GT6 sounds?

I will say the tire sounds could still use a huge re-work. I currently have them turned all the way down but they're still a bit sensitive to tire movement and not the right pitch.

The sound to me is a massive improvement from every previous GT title. The game definitely uses the same sounds for multiple cars, but at least some of those sounds are nice. The cockpit camera sounds very good, but a ton of cars all sound identical. Does anyone know what real cars were used to model the sounds?

Personally, I found myself enjoying most of the sounds, especially the Pantera, F1 GTR, Huayra, RX-Vision GT3, Viper GTS, Camaro Z28, and even Imprezas to name a few. A few like the LC 500 and the SLR McLaren need more of that something to better emphasize their note.

Last edited:
I will say the tire sounds could still use a huge re-work. I currently have them turned all the way down but they're still a bit sensitive to tire movement and not the right pitch.
My favorite tire sounds of all the GT games would have to be Gran Turismo 5’s. The constant high pitched screeching when going around every single corner is a bit annoying. It makes sense when the car is drifting or making a sharp turn at high speed but GT5’s tire sounds seem to be more realistic around most turns.

My favorite tire sounds of all the GT games would have to be Gran Turismo 5’s. The constant high pitched screeching when going around every single corner is a bit annoying. It makes sense when the car is drifting or making a sharp turn at high speed but GT5’s tire sounds seem to be more realistic around most turns.

I found the issue with GT5 is that the tyre sound drowned out the engine and transmission noise

The car sounds in GT Sport aren't always as aggressive or as visceral as their real-life counterparts, but they are more refined then ever before. One example that springs to mind is the Aventador - the base note is correct but it sounds too clean compared to the real car. However, there are other vehicles that sound "dirtier" such as the Aston Martin DBR9.

Some of the vehicle sounds in GT Sport are actually reused/modified sounds from GT6. Examples include the 125 Shifter Kart and The VW Sambabus.

I just searched up comparisons of these and they sound different between 6&S.

I just searched up comparisons of these and they sound different between 6&S.
The lower RPMs for each are the same just modified versions of the same sound from GT6.

[Edit:] The 125 Shifter Kart uses a different sound in GT6 but the sound in GT Sport is used for other karts in GT6.

Back