GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
Disappointing that the on line lobbies were not better implemented initially on a major studio launch. Hopefully they will get the bugs worked out and the lobbies straight sooner rather than later.

One thing that once all is working correctly I hope that the Geezer club will be announcing a day or two in advance of the races being run which track and what cars will be allowed for the upcoming race.

I have really not done much online racing in the past and would like to feel I am somewhat prepared in advance of the race.

Still looking forward to all the kinks getting worked out.

Disappointing that the on line lobbies were not better implemented initially on a major studio launch. Hopefully they will get the bugs worked out and the lobbies straight sooner rather than later.

One thing that once all is working correctly I hope that the Geezer club will be announcing a day or two in advance of the races being run which track and what cars will be allowed for the upcoming race.

I have really not done much online racing in the past and would like to feel I am somewhat prepared in advance of the race.

Still looking forward to all the kinks getting worked out.
It is our intention to have multiple regular (day/time) race dates each week and publish the car & track to be used. In the past, on GT6, we usually had the first race at the posted track and subsequent races either by "winners" choice of track or "track vote". As we get acquainted with GTSport we will have to experiment with the "tools" available. Remember, Geezer Racing is about fellowship and having fun and while winning is our goal, if we have fun we feel we won too. Please join us whenever you can, send a Friend Request to GZR_Geezer1791 so when the lobbys get working properly you can get in.

It is our intention to have multiple regular (day/time) race dates each week and publish the car & track to be used. In the past, on GT6, we usually had the first race at the posted track and subsequent races either by "winners" choice of track or "track vote". As we get acquainted with GTSport we will have to experiment with the "tools" available. Remember, Geezer Racing is about fellowship and having fun and while winning is our goal, if we have fun we feel we won too. Please join us whenever you can, send a Friend Request to GZR_Geezer1791 so when the lobbys get working properly you can get in.

FR sent.

I apologize to all Geezers who tried to race with us this morning (especially calveron) as we had problems outlined below.

Party chat (only way to talk to each other) is limited to 8 Geezers at a time. We can try to have more than one "Party" and switch around but for now we have to live with that limitation.

"Friends Only" Lobby/Room does not work! As soon as a Lobby is opened, nonGeezers rush in and fill up the room. We will have to indicate our intention to participate in a race date and limit the Lobby number of participants for only the number of Geezers who have signed up. This is a temporary fix until "Friends Only" is working.

We will try again tomorrow (Sun) morning at 9am EST. If you are planning to participate tomorrow morning please leave a post here so we can set up the Lobby for the correct number of Geezers.

Count now 2 - stewy, geez
duce will be there.
Re; racing without chat,, in one word - lonely.

FR Sent.

Regarding the party communication I propose the following: We have a full party chat room and a partial party chat room organized. The rooms are reserved for race participants only. After each race the top person in each room swap rooms. Their names drop to the bottom of the room they swap to. That gives us a rotation method allowing for each racer to be in the main room as well as information being shared in each room can be passed on to the other room. Pepper Mallard

Last edited:
Regarding the party communication I propose the following: We have a full party chat room and a partial party chat room organized. The rooms are reserved for race participants only. After each race the top person in each room swap rooms. Their names drop to the bottom of the room they swap to. That gives us a rotation method allowing for each racer to be in the main room as well as information being shared in each room can be passed on to the other room. Pepper Mallard
Good idea, and I would suggest that the owner of the first partyroom stays to be the all the time owner.

Good idea bud,:bowdown: We're stuck with this for awhile and until they get it resolved - IF - they get it resolved,, it is whatit is. Your suggestion seems to be a good work around. Sure, we'll have to learn to make it as smooth as possible but we Geezers are a resourseful lot and can show we're not too old to learn new tricks :)

Hi guys, tried to find you guys this morning but due to daylight savings and a trip to the farm this weekend I had to leave erlier. I just read the news and this thing is really disapoiting. But we are geezers and we will figure out the best way to do that. After all, all that expertise we've got in the past year will help us solve that. Won't be possible to join for me tomorrow but will manage to be present on the next events. I am more addicted to the "party" we have every saturday then the race it self. :) :) ;)

Last edited:
Had some wonderful and enlightening conversation with Papa, Zona, and Stewy after my initial try at the Geezer online race. Had to withdraw after running into some wheel misadventures [button mashing doing strange things, lol] with the new G29, and headset chat difficulties with the XP500 and Sony Gold headset. I guess we three talked, shared, investigated the gamut of GTS, while all were trying to hear me. And I kept "do you hear me now" stuff to no avail. After countless adjusting of settings on the Sony, I took off the h'phones and accidentally tap on one of the ear muffs [Sony hides the mics inside the ear pieces] and the audio needle jumped to max. Idea !! After having my new buds listen to another audio check of moving the headphones around, they confirmed what I sensed after the loud tap. The Sony mics, embedded in the muffs were aimed backwards rather than face-forward due to way they were situated on my head. Needless to say, all the time I had been talking to my rear. Checking the material and box sent with the phones, very unclear [logo markings, etc.] which is the front or back. Laughs all around. Thanks guys for the audience, patience and conversation making today a very helpful, informative, and delightful time. Has to be what the Geezers Club is all about, racing, sharing and fun!

Thanks, Nord, ordered a cable. Sony phones are working but I love the XP500 not to let it get dusty.
So sorry for the issues you were having partner. Once you get them sorted pop into any of the chat groups (as long as the 8 player limitations of that group aren't full) and visit as you play any of the games. Oft times as we're doing GTS Missions or what have you, we join in and share information about the game, or just hang out while we're playing. It doesn't need be a race in a lobby to visit. The 8 player limit in chat is a bit of a PITA, but hopefully they'll get that resolved as well. We did see an update post from PSN or PD that they believe they've fixed the "Friends Only" lobbys which will be a big help for the host of our Geezer Club racing - for ANY club or friends only racing. Remember, the club will be continuing our regular racing again Wednesday at 7:15pm and Thursdays at 12noon, all our Geezer Club events are Eastern time. Looking forward to seeing you again bud.

Last edited:
Back