GT Sport GR Supra Cup Returns for 2020

Hmmm about to get some last minute practice in before I join up for the first timeslot (I only plan on doing that first timeslot regardless of the results). I'm seeing a lot of you posting about using TC in the Supra. Is that a thing you should do on all road cars with non-slick tires? I've thought about it especially since in my practicing yesterday the tires seemed to die on lap 4 but I had assumed you would lose out on a lot of pace doing so.

Just finished the first slot in the Americas. That was a mess lol. Qualified 8th, first chicane was a pinball, all set off by one moron who couldn't figure out to slow down completely (they slowed down, then as they approached the pack of cars, decided to let off the brakes) got a 1 second penalty and came out of the chicane 11, rejoined 15th after the penalty, came back to finish 8th for 152 points. I did get a pretty good pass done in the Porsche Curves though.

I'm debating if I want to go again or not, because while I know I could do better, I'm not sure if luck will be on my side or not when it comes to the start...

Also, was that you in the same race, @ImRingo ? There was a Castrol Tom's Supra driven by a ImTHERingo that got wiped out at the start.

Debating going again myself. Q10 P7 isn't bad, but one idiot intent on ruining the race for everyone set me back 11 SR when he deliberately moved over to un-ghost in front of me, so I'll be in a lower SR-S lobby if I do (88/99)...

Absolute sham of a race at Sarthe. After a pretty solid Qualifying session started up front, was up to 4th after the second chicane on lap one, when an absolute louse of a person torpedoed me into the gravel, from more than a second behind, at Mulsanne. There was nothing I could do as he was intent on ruining someone's race it was obvious. People like this should be banned from online racing in the game, period. He was reported by at least three different people according to the after race chat, and I'm quite certain he has been a problem in other game.

I noticed he was in 3rd for a while after ruining my race, which made me mad... then he ended up in the back again, and look what he does when innocent people come up to him no the Mulsanne straight. Complete garbage. Never should be allowed on the game again.

@afc5150 and @mobilmasher unfortunately had to experience the same crap race and maybe the same degenerate's actions ruined their races.

Finished 13th or something, managed to salvage DR impact but missed some chances to recover more spots. Was lucky I was #18, or it would have been disastrous, with my DR again at the doorstep to A...

Yep, what do you know, his SR history shows that he's despicable. Gonna try the 9:00 slot but not excited about it as it means taking time from other fun things and possibly wasting it 2x with this game and idiots like this. And Shame on PD for an algorithm that allows this type of player to ruin their product and our experience.

upload_2020-6-7_20-28-56.png

Was a good result for me, Q'd 9th, started on the outside and slid off in turn 1. Rejoined in last place, then screwed up my braking at the first chicane, don't believe I hit anyone but I did give back the position I gained. I then just concentrated on racing the track. Gained most of my positions through the mistakes of others and penalties, I even had a few good passes thrown in for good measure. Finished 4th for my best points haul yet. I think everyone got penalized during the race. I think there were only 5 or 6 blue Ss on the results screen, the rest were red or white.

Was lucky I was #18, or it would have been disastrous, with my DR again at the doorstep to A...

I got by you as you were reentering the track, figured you got punted. That sucks. I gained 1200 DR and I'm also close to becoming an "A" again.

Last edited by a moderator:
@KosmoKazi yeah, same guy. It was brutal.

Well, against my better judgement, I'm entered in the 9pm slot. :(

**EDIT**

Second go was much better - Q4 P3 for less points than my 7th place in the earlier attempt. Oh well, more importantly, I got my SR back to 99 and jumped back into DR A.

The instigator from the early slot had entered the race and I called him out in the pre-race lobby asking him if he intended to take the field out again to which he replied 'only if he gets punted first'

He left the lobby half way through qualy.

Last edited:
Jumped in second slot for the race at Sarthe... nice clean race, good fast guys, unfortunately for me, 8 of them faster than me! But I enjoyed a clean race and stayed between the lines all four laps, to finish 9th. Not as good as I was hoping but thanks to the clean racers in that session was enjoyable, and got a handful of DR (by some miracle, as I was #2) to replace the points I lost in the first debacle. Not a great points haul for the Supra Cup but oh well, carrying on!

Second go was much better - Q4 P3 for less points than my 7th place in the earlier attempt. Oh well, more importantly, I got my SR back to 99 and jumped back into DR A.

The instigator from the early slot had entered the race and I called him out in the pre-race lobby asking him if he intended to take the field out again to which he replied 'only if he gets punted first'

He left the lobby half way through qualy.

Good to know your second race was better, too! And I bet you were grateful for him leaving the lobby. He has issues, from the looks of it.

@KosmoKazi hopefully someday soon we'll actually get to race against each other! We've been quite a few races together recently, but it always seems we pass one another as the other is recovering from some sort of incident...

After getting distracted by RL in the first slot and missing my braking point I threw away a solid 4th place on the last lap. I decided to enter the second time slot and I’m happy I did. I qualified 3rd and was gifted the win when the first two cars took each other out just before the Porsche curves. Good haul for Dr and a few more points.

This race was in a ~42k DR lobby. A grid start will always mean chaos, and this race was no exception.

Qualifying could've been much better. I left the pit lane last and cruised around the circuit slowly to preserve my tires, and on my flying lap, I was slow through multiple corners. I qualified 8th, but I could've been at least several tenths quicker had I gotten a better lap in which would've put me one or two grid slots higher.

I get a decent start off the line, no slower but no faster than the cars ahead, and get bumped by the person who pulled alongside as they got squeezed by the car on the outside. Coming into the Dunlop Chicane, a slow down occurs where I rear-end the person in front, giving me a 1 second penalty and an SR down. However, it seemed like we were going to make the chicane... until someone who can't brake (they braked coming into the chicane, and as they got close to the densely packed group of slow cars, they let off the brake. ????????????? So they shunted a person, who went into me), which caused me to go into someone and murder them, who then ends up murdering someone else. But, of course, according to the penalty system, this was a fair, clean move. I'm luckily still facing the right direction and in 11th. I get a better exit onto the Mulsanne Straight but the person ahead has the slipstream. I serve my penalty and rejoin in 15th place. I gain two positions as cars serve penalties out of Arnage, and I pass another person in the Porsche Curves. I begin reigning in 11th place ahead, but coming into Indianapolis on Lap 2 they misjudge their speed and end up wiping themselves and the person ahead out, promoting me to P9. By the second Mulsanne Chicane on Lap 3 I've caught up to the back of a pack containing 7th-9th place, gaining a lot during braking as they squabble, and I've built up a 3 second gap to the people behind. The three cars up ahead keep squabbling for position, going two and three wide, so I have no choice but to stay back, which lets 11th place behind begin to catch up. I'm right on their tales into the second Mulsanne Chicane on Lap 4, and one of the drivers ends up going in too deep under braking, wiping themselves out and punting one of the cars ahead. I'm up into 8th, but end up going too deep into Mulsanne Corner, but I don't go as deep as the person ahead, so I get passed but also pass to keep 8th. From here, I'm able to keep a small gap, until we reach the Porsche Curves, where I go slightly wide, but due to the corners, I'm able to defend 8th position.

I finish 8th for 152 points, which, considering the mess at the beginning, I think is pretty good. Even though there was another race slot available, I didn't take it, because while I know I could drive faster and finish better, I didn't want to test my luck out when it comes to the start and getting punted or not. Luckily, I only lost 1 SR due to the rest of the race being clean, and I ended up gaining 1000 DR as well.

Also, I loved that PD put the race during sunset, it meant I could take Golden Hour photos of my Ridox Supra from Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3. Too bad the car got banged up though from the start.

20200607180622.jpg

20200607180638.jpg

Thank you @stpatty and @Famine for the tire confirmation....

I decide to enter the first slot. I start my outlap as third out of the gate. The 2 cars behind me decide that they are going to race on the outlaw and barge their way through and one of them ends up in second and one in 4th in front of me. I take my time and make it around the tracks to start my flying lap. It was going pretty good until I lose it in the Porsche curves and end up qualifying 17th.

The race starts and one of the same cars that came crashing through on qualifying , did the same thing at the start. By the time we come through Tertre Rouge I am in 9th and a bunch of penalties on cars behind me. I hang with the group that was 5-8 for most of the race. I eventually lose a spot and come in 10th. I was the only one in my race that did not get a penalty.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200607200823.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200607200842.jpg

See you out there on the track!

:censored:this 🤬🤬 wast of :censored:time:censored:race

Was in with @SmokeyMR2

Qualified alone, made a mistake in sector 1 which cost me about a second(tyres weren't warm enough) but was solid for the rest of the lap and got 7th.

Got off the line great, up to 5th after the Dunlop Chicane. All you want now is a clean half a lap and the race will begin to settle down. Had a clean run down to the first chicane, then on the turn in to the second I get one guy t-bone me from 0.4 back then the guy behind him smashed straight into the back of me. I almost took out 2nd-4th places as I slid sideways across the chicane. Down to last but one and a 1s penalty because obviously it was my fault. From being 2s and four places behind the lead I was 14s and seventeen places behind.

Then progress is slow as people are towing each other along, I got up to 15th by the end of L2 with my eyes on finishing at least 12th, and I get smashed again. This time into the first chicane by a guy who was nearly 0.7s back when I hit the braking zone, he spins me round and I'm up against the barrier I'm facing. Reverse back to the track, threatened with DQ, down to last and 9s behind the next guy, and that was where I finished.

Done with it. People clearly can't race and/or don't practice with the car and I'm fed up of being the victim of their mistakes while they get to carry on with no damage to their race at all

It was a 🤬 show, I was in 5th keeping clear of trouble until a driver decided he didn't want to be overtaken so ran me wide and then spun me! So much for A+/S :crazy:

I do wonder if its because there are less entering this Supra champ that maybe the skill range is far wider than FIA lobbies. I didn't recognise half of the names.

Anyone watch this stream last night? He punted ConnorWolf on lap 3, and didn’t even pull over to give the place back, even though he admitted it was his fault for not accounting for the draft enough when braking. That wasn’t very CnF of him...

1:00.25 in the video.

Last edited:
It was a 🤬 show, I was in 5th keeping clear of trouble until a driver decided he didn't want to be overtaken so ran me wide and then spun me! So much for A+/S :crazy:

I do wonder if its because there are less entering this Supra champ that maybe the skill range is far wider than FIA lobbies. I didn't recognise half of the names.
Yeah after your singling out of someone in the post race chat I thought I'd check out what happened. Worse than what happened to me in my opinion because that first move was undoubtedly deliberate, my main incident was just one braking a bit too late which kind of forced him into a dive and a brain fade off quite a well known driver combining to send me to the darkest of shadow realms! We could have had a good race otherwise.

You might be right about the bigger spread of drivers too, about 5k DR spread from what I've seen. I don't think we see that much of a spread in the FIAs

The two races I've done are on tracks I'm good at and I've had the pace to get podiums on both (first race was with a guy who I'm certain sandbags to keep him just about A+, and yesterday Danx was simply on his own level I think), but both have been grid starts and both times I've ended up last after L1 due to no fault of my own and it's just infuriating. Don't know if I'll bother putting the effort into Laguna, suppose there will be a lot of people falling off the track though!

Yeah after your singling out of someone in the post race chat I thought I'd check out what happened. Worse than what happened to me in my opinion because that first move was undoubtedly deliberate, my main incident was just one braking a bit too late which kind of forced him into a dive and a brain fade off quite a well known driver combining to send me to the darkest of shadow realms! We could have had a good race otherwise.

You might be right about the bigger spread of drivers too, about 5k DR spread from what I've seen. I don't think we see that much of a spread in the FIAs

The two races I've done are on tracks I'm good at and I've had the pace to get podiums on both (first race was with a guy who I'm certain sandbags to keep him just about A+, and yesterday Danx was simply on his own level I think), but both have been grid starts and both times I've ended up last after L1 due to no fault of my own and it's just infuriating. Don't know if I'll bother putting the effort into Laguna, suppose there will be a lot of people falling off the track though!

Yeah same I was looking forward to the last 2 rounds but bad driving and dirty tactics means you end up smashed down the order early. I think 5K is quite big, I'd say in FIA's its nearer 2-3K (I'm guessing I don't know for sure) so might contribute.

Yeah I don't normally bother in the chat afterwards as most dirty drivers know what they are doing and don't care but is was just his casual 'couldn't give a 🤬 about been dirty' attitude which was even worse. His reply was "well it worked"!! That kind of driver is the problem in these races as him doing that I think incites others to act similar, they shouldn't but maybe younger players see what he is doing, see he does well out of it so copies it. As so many on here have said, the Sr rating should be much harder maintain. Currently that guy can do that, take his Red S or A for Sr and then do two daily races and be back causing trouble. On a seven slot night like Tues and Weds, they could cause carnage early and if it doesn't work out they can still be back for more fighting in a couple of hours.

Yeah Danx was flying for sure :lol:

I got 15 points from my first slot, not a bad haul for me.
There was a big potential for me to do better so I entered the 2nd slot. I, and it looked like the entire lobby, were disconnected during qualifying. I was hoping that my 15 points from the first slot would be reverted to automatically. On the points table that round has me down for 0 :(

What's the rationale behind allowing tuning for the 240z, but none for the Supra cup?

If theres any car that needs it, its this. No feeling or weightiness whatsoever.

I'm trying to set up a practice lobby for the next race at Laguna Seca. Is there a way to enforce using the correct car in the settings? I have a feeling it won't be long before I grow tired of telling people to do so otherwise.

I'm trying to set up a practice lobby for the next race at Laguna Seca. Is there a way to enforce using the correct car in the settings? I have a feeling it won't be long before I grow tired of telling people to do so otherwise.

I don't believe you can force only certain cars to be permitted, you'll just have to be clear in the title and tell people to switch to the Supra. In a practice race for Sarthe for some reason someone was in a Challenger and they actually tried to race, and then got left behind lol.

Top tip for Laguna race: SAVE TYRES !!!!!!!

Even by the halfway point you start slipping & sliding, and it only gets worse from there. It's very easy to get caught up battling in the early laps, but trust me, you'll pay later. The pit delta is ~18 seconds so you lose too much time pitting (plus overtaking is hard around here). BUT if you're in a lower split room where people are more likely to make mistakes and crash later it might be worth a try.

My first race of the season, I had a good race to P4 in top split.

Slipstream not really crucial for qualifying or the race, so just did a good lap for P5 in qualifying by myself and managed to pick up places by saving tyres and keeping it on the black stuff.

And yes... save your tyres!

Hmmm about to get some last minute practice in before I join up for the first timeslot (I only plan on doing that first timeslot regardless of the results). I'm seeing a lot of you posting about using TC in the Supra. Is that a thing you should do on all road cars with non-slick tires? I've thought about it especially since in my practicing yesterday the tires seemed to die on lap 4 but I had assumed you would lose out on a lot of pace doing so.
I think so, yes. A street car on street tires is going to lose more time on tire slip both laterally and on acceleration, than what the TCS clips, in my opinion. Maybe not for an absolute top driver, but for anyone outside the top split or so, would imagine it’s a no brainer to run it on 1 or even 2. It is also good for preserving tires.

This is me after 12 laps of driving while staying in what feels like one gear higher than necessary through most corners:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200621141314.jpg

I'll take my chances with a pit-stop

Would it help to reduce tyrewear if I used the 2019 Supra? It has 26 HP less than the 2020 one after the BOP is applied and also weighs 10 kg less. Is that big enough of a difference to have a noticable effect?

edit: Never mind, I'm so slow with the worn tyres that the two guys who did a pit stop caught up and left me behind. Qualified 5th, finished 7th. Definitely pitting in the next one.

Last edited:
Did you get Austrianed?
No, the Italian who finished 5th was the one who ****ed me. Bumped me into the first corner so I nudged a German who went off. Bumped me through the Corkscrew so I cut it and got a penalty, and bumped me again at the next left which put me off the track. Fantastic. Loved your perspective of the Corkscrew on the first lap though, that was hilarious.

Now I did a race with pitting and finished...?

7th. Again. Though this time I also started from 7th.

I lost quite some time however to a string of incidents that started with some Swiss guy semidirty passing me into the final corner at one point. Got temporarily demoted to 11th or so. Might have finished better without that.

Latest Posts

Back