GT Sport Hacks?

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 203 comments
Canada
London, Ontario
voodoovaj
I don't want to call out the player, because that's not cool, but is there a car hack happening with tires that I don't know about?

I saw a scape photo of a cobra with HUGE tires on it. It wasn't a photo shop job because the tires were clipping through the car's mesh (cutting through the body for those who do not model in 3D). I was also in a daily where one of the drivers (again, name withheld) was accusing another of using a grip hack to get an impossible lap time (btw, the accuser was a top ten type of driver and the lap time in question was still far faster).

I figured this online save thing would have done away with the hacks

I saw the cobra picture as well and according to everyone on the post, it was just a bug... believe what you will but I take them at their word.

I had a person hack a race in sport mode the other night during a kart race and finish 1st... so it’s definitely not impossible.

The Cobra tyre thing is a glitch when fitting dirt tyres.

On the subject of cheaters I'm getting very suspicious with some of the times I've seen and by the people that set them. You get to know the names of the aliens and when they're beat by tenths at a time by people who don't usually sit at the top, or when one guy is half a second faster than anyone else you have to wonder if something is going on.

On the subject of cheaters I'm getting very suspicious with some of the times I've seen and by the people that set them. You get to know the names of the aliens and when they're beat by tenths at a time by people who don't usually sit at the top, or when one guy is half a second faster than anyone else you have to wonder if something is going on.

That's good to hear. Bugs, I'm ok with.

Some lap times are suspect. In some cases, the race times/fastest lap versus pole times just don't jive (in my mind).

Some lap times are suspect. In some cases, the race times/fastest lap versus pole times just don't jive (in my mind).

Yes I had this too. Normally if you race against the number 1 driver he/she just drives off in to the distance and doesn't drop back and get passed by four cars cleanly due them having better race pace but that's exactly what happened to one driver with the fastest time, that at the time was nearly 4 tenths quicker than anyone else, eventually the usual suspects got close to it but didn't beat it that I saw.

Maybe they are not even doing anything on purpose to cause these situations as you'd think it'd help them in the race too if they were exploiting something.

Half a second... Maybe a week ago, one was 2 seconds faster! If you race in the Americas, I'm sure you noticed. Something is certainly wrong with that.

I think that happens when you put on dirt rims, I drove the Cobra on one of the dirt tracks the other day and it had big tires so it could be that.

And speaking of suspicious times, that Dragons Tail race I did last night, the first place guy was about +36 seconds ahead of second place guy, I was in 6th and the finish race timer ran up before i could hit the downhill hairpin!

Half a second... Maybe a week ago, one was 2 seconds faster! If you race in the Americas, I'm sure you noticed. Something is certainly wrong with that.

I'm in the EU so I have not seen that. What track was that at? Not that it isn't suspicious of course, I was just wondering.

It's also quite possible that there are different ways to gain an advantage too.

I'm in the EU so I have not seen that. What track was that at? Not that it isn't suspicious of course, I was just wondering.

It's also quite possible that there are different ways to gain an advantage too.

If I remember correctly it was Suzuka.

It was glaringly obvious to have someone be 2 secs faster than 2nd on the top10 leaderboard. I had seen their name on the boards before. But to be that much faster than Snow, Doodle, IOF, etc. I doubt it.

If I remember correctly it was Suzuka.

It was glaringly obvious to have someone be 2 secs faster than 2nd on the top10 leaderboard. I had seen their name on the boards before. But to be that much faster than Snow, Doodle, IOF, etc. I doubt it.

I believe I know the player you are talking about. Yes, those lap times are always unbelievably fast in comparison to the other fast laps. There's a consistency there that's too abnormal.

I find that my own qualifying lap times vs. race lap times are about a full second apart, with the Q being better of course. I just figured it was because I'm alone in Q and can get MY optimal race lines without interference. But yes, I've also seen bigger differences from others ahead of me on the grid but yet, I can pass them within the race... and I'm no alien by any standard.

"Paid killers" can afford to get the secret upgrades from GT Auto... oh wait, that was last game. ;) Seems pretty well 2ish seconds faster for over a week now too. How long has 1.08 been out? My memory seems to equate his rise to fame at around the same time or very shortly after in the Daily races.

Cheers

I find that my own qualifying lap times vs. race lap times are about a full second apart, with the Q being better of course. I just figured it was because I'm alone in Q and can get MY optimal race lines without interference. But yes, I've also seen bigger differences from others ahead of me on the grid but yet, I can pass them within the race... and I'm no alien by any standard.

"Paid killers" can afford to get the secret upgrades from GT Auto... oh wait, that was last game. ;) Seems pretty well 2ish seconds faster for over a week now too. How long has 1.08 been out? My memory seems to equate his rise to fame at around the same time or very shortly after in the Daily races.

Cheers

Worringly some people have got access to the debug menu by accident...maybe some are starting to exploit this as occurred in previous GT's with hybriding etc.

I found this on Scoobs youtube channel so far the only time I have seen something that could be considered hacking ...

Well, now, that explains a few things. Either someone was using that at Maggiore late last night, or the Sport servers are as bad for lagging as the GT6 ones were.

I believe I know the player you are talking about. Yes, those lap times are always unbelievably fast in comparison to the other fast laps. There's a consistency there that's too abnormal.
I'm sure we are thinking of the same person. Have you ever raced with that driver?

I did see something strange by another driver from the same country as said driver. It was on Suzuka. Every lap they would cut through the grass in a very strange way. They would take a hard left suddenly. Gaining at least a sec each time. At first I thought it was accidental. I don't know if they received a penalty. They did not have any at the results screen.

Cheers
So you know who as well. It does seem to be around the same time.

I did see a driver, from same country, that was top 3 on board, drop like a rock during the race once. Not from spinning either. I can't recall who it was. I just remember thinking why is a top 10 falling so fast when they qualified nearly 2 secs faster than the field.

I don't want to call out the player, because that's not cool, but is there a car hack happening with tires that I don't know about?

I saw a scape photo of a cobra with HUGE tires on it. It wasn't a photo shop job because the tires were clipping through the car's mesh (cutting through the body for those who do not model in 3D). I was also in a daily where one of the drivers (again, name withheld) was accusing another of using a grip hack to get an impossible lap time (btw, the accuser was a top ten type of driver and the lap time in question was still far faster).

I figured this online save thing would have done away with the hacks
Probably i was doing circuit exp and notice on some top 10 had like 15sec while others below where at 2min

I found this on Scoobs youtube channel so far the only time I have seen something that could be considered hacking ...

Skip to 45:38 to see the beginning of the actual event.. He goes on to analyse it through replays.

Haha sweet I was in that race :)

Top time on the NA leader board for Maggiore is 2:01.784. 2 through 10 are all in the 2:03s. I can't recall seeing this big a gap between 1st and 2nd.

I was in 2 races with the player that set the astonishingly fast time, and he drove off in to the distance both times. I didn't save the replays, so I don't know if there's anything suspicious, but it's a very fast time.

Just so everyone hear knows for gt to be hacked it would require the ps4 system ssoftware to be hacked. Which has not been done. It's one of the reason why system software gets updated so often to prevent the software being hacked. Because of that it's not possible for gt to be hacked. Cheat yes hacked no. Ever thought said person is just faster than everyone else.

Just so everyone hear knows for gt to be hacked it would require the ps4 system ssoftware to be hacked. Which has not been done. It's one of the reason why system software gets updated so often to prevent the software being hacked. Because of that it's not possible for gt to be hacked. Cheat yes hacked no. Ever thought said person is just faster than everyone else.

I mean I literally watched someone finish 14th in a race (last place in this case) and magically win the race. The entire room was confused... if it wasn’t hacking then it was one major glitch exploitation

Well...who knows? Something sure seems fishy when there's a driver that's two seconds better than the best, but can't back that pace up in the race. When I am far off my pole pace, it's because I switched to a slower car.

On a related note, I watched the lap timer count up from 3:23 to 3;27 in one increment. 4 seconds of time was gone in an instant. Maybe there is a bug with the timing. These fast drivers can simply be benefiting from a bug without explicitly trying to exploit the game.

Last edited:
I mean I literally watched someone finish 14th in a race (last place in this case) and magically win the race. The entire room was confused... if it wasn’t hacking then it was one major glitch exploitation

It's probably a case of lag, servers and exploiting track limits. There are some tracks where you can abuse the penalty system to gain like 3 secs a lap and burn the penalty off through the slow parts.

That sounds like a bug/glitch in your case though.

I've had a case where the game didn't count a lap I did once, so I fell on the position board back to last place, except my screen showed me where I truly was. When the race ended, everything sync'd again and I was reinstated with my position.

I find that my own qualifying lap times vs. race lap times are about a full second apart, with the Q being better of course.

I believe this is down to fuel although i may be wrong. gtsport seems to follow gt6. While doing Q the weight of fuel isn't accounted for then in the race it is. This along with tire wear if it's on and what you have said may account for the slower race lap times.

I've had a case where the game didn't count a lap I did once, so I fell on the position board back to last place, except my screen showed me where I truly was. When the race ended, everything sync'd again and I was reinstated with my position.

Well that makes sense. I just had never seen a case as bad as this one and even watching the replay just seemed fishy, but I guess it could have been some combination of what you said and a bug.

Skip to 45:38 to see the beginning of the actual event.. He goes on to analyse it through replays.

That was just a weird bit of lag, if you look at the track map the Japanese guy gets launched up the start straight backwards and then recovers at T1.

EDIT: Just realized he went through the replay but you see the same thing, a weird bit of lag and both cars get launched. No way you can conclusively call that hacks especially without seeing it from the perspective of the other cars.

Not by 2-3 seconds, that is impossible, especially if you had seen some of the laps.

Last edited:
I believe this is down to fuel although i may be wrong. gtsport seems to follow gt6. While doing Q the weight of fuel isn't accounted for then in the race it is. This along with tire wear if it's on and what you have said may account for the slower race lap times.

I had given this some consideration as well, and it might factor in fuel weight, true enough. As for tyre wear, most people achieve their best lap times within the first 3-4 laps depending on starting position of course. Having said that, I have seen FL records being set far later than that in all Sport Mode races... being either of the FIA Championship series races or even the Daily 10 lappers.

Good point though... as the fuel/tyre wear does vary depending on the race with some at 2x, some at 3x, and IIRC, 5x races have appeared as well. Consistency may be a factor too. I can usually get pretty consistent lap times for laps 2-10, but not everyone is the same. Racing involves quite a few variables, BUT some of the lap time discrepancies are rather suspicious. But hey, I do enjoy a good conspiracy theory every once in a while. ;)

Cheers

I wonder if the recently found debug mode has some affect. Maybe it allows a tire compound change or tuning, that the others don't get.

I mean, I know when and where I am losing time. When I see the best players 1.5 or 2 seconds ahead, I know where I went wrong and I know that I could potentially do better.

When I see someone 2-3 seconds ahead of them, I have to wonder if something it up.

Back