Gt sport manufacturer series DR mix...?

• Thread starter Jeffhoule
  • 18 comments
Canada
Canada
Hello everyone! Is anybody know here how the DR works in manufacturer series. Because on the last event in Nordschleife, i'm entered in slot 4, i'm a mid-low "A" dr and "S" sr. With 20 racers, we were 3 A/S and 17 D\S. I've won the race with 12 sec gap from the second (A/S) and that was good for 40 pts.....

So i entered in slot 5 with the wish of all A/S-S/S drivers mix (like the previous events) and this time, we were 5 A/S, 1 S/S, 3 B/S and the rest were D/S.... I won the race again with a gap of 6 seconde in front of the S/S driver and that race gave me 80 pts....

It's so frustrating when you know that an 8th place with the correct DR mix can give me 120 pts......

Any thoughts....?

Hello everyone! Is anybody know here how the DR works in manufacturer series. Because on the last event in Nordschleife, i'm entered in slot 4, i'm a mid-low "A" dr and "S" sr. With 20 racers, we were 3 A/S and 17 D\S. I've won the race with 12 sec gap from the second (A/S) and that was good for 40 pts.....

So i entered in slot 5 with the wish of all A/S-S/S drivers mix (like the previous events) and this time, we were 5 A/S, 1 S/S, 3 B/S and the rest were D/S.... I won the race again with a gap of 6 seconde in front of the S/S driver and that race gave me 80 pts....

It's so frustrating when you know that an 8th place with the correct DR mix can give me 120 pts......

Any thoughts....?
FIA points are awarded as a proportion of the total DR of the lobby, with a full lobby of 100,000-point A+ drivers worth around 400 for a win. If you have lots of low-ranked drivers, you'll get fewer points for win than for a lower placing in a lobby with higher-ranked drivers.

As GTS does matchmaking by SR first and DR second, you might find that if you have a race with lower participation, you'll be matching with people who have the same SR as you (particularly if it's S, but 90-95 points) but wildly different DR scores.

FIA points are awarded as a proportion of the total DR of the lobby, with a full lobby of 100,000-point A+ drivers worth around 400 for a win. If you have lots of low-ranked drivers, you'll get fewer points for win than for a lower placing in a lobby with higher-ranked drivers.

As GTS does matchmaking by SR first and DR second, you might find that if you have a race with lower participation, you'll be matching with people who have the same SR as you (particularly if it's S, but 90-95 points) but wildly different DR scores.

It only spreads out more as the day progresses worth mentioning. So the later slots you do the more likely you are to see a wider range of DR since most people will have already been done for the day.

I’m assuming your SR was between 80-89, instead of between 90-99, the lower SR S room is usually not the best for points, or strength of field. You need to be SR 90 or higher to get into the top SR rooms, which will have the strongest fields and more points. Here’s a chart to show average room DR vs Points available in race. :)

B74F500A-4987-4E96-8F92-455B45DAC04D.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the reply.... So in order, i have to make sure that my SR is on top 90-99 and go in the first slots per event to have the strongest participation ratio.

Exactly, you got it. Word of advice don't do any dailies the day of FIA just in case you end up with SR down and you're not caught scrambling trying to build SR for the 1st slot of FIA.

Wll unless your dr is really low then having a lower SR will give you a better chance of grabbing more points. A really good and fair way to do things.

Not in FIA, almost any room under SR 90 will be less points. Unless maybe it was a room full of equal drivers? Like a full B/S room vs a full B/A room? But I’d still think the B/A room would be less points possibly. Maybe @Famine knows the answer to that one?

Not in FIA, almost any room under SR 90 will be less points. Unless maybe it was a room full of equal drivers? Like a full B/S room vs a full B/A room? But I’d still think the B/A room would be less points possibly. Maybe @Famine knows the answer to that one?
If some players end up in lobbies getting low points, then some players must end up in higher lobbies, it's simple maths. I know when I was always C if my SR was low I'd get As and Bs more often. While if I was solid S it might be all Cs or a few Bs at best. Not that any of this makes much difference, apart from it's really hard to see how well you are doing season by season because points are too inconsistent.

If some players end up in lobbies getting low points, then some players must end up in higher lobbies, it's simple maths. I know when I was always C if my SR was low I'd get As and Bs more often. While if I was solid S it might be all Cs or a few Bs at best. Not that any of this makes much difference, apart from it's really hard to see how well you are doing season by season because points are too inconsistent.

Those low SR rooms, even with a couple A drivers are still only worth around 100 points, it’s not worth tanking when I can get 150+ for finishing last in top split.

I guess for a driver that is normally D/S rated and fighting over 20-30 points in a 90-99 SR lobby, having less than 90 SR would lead to being in a race for more points, as @Norrin Radd says. Since there are less 80-89 SR splits, he might end up in the "top drop split", racing against A+, A and B drivers, which would make the strength of field and points available higher than his usual lobby. Not that he would easily win in that lobby, be he could potentially score more points indeed.

Those low SR rooms, even with a couple A drivers are still only worth around 100 points, it’s not worth tanking when I can get 150+ for finishing last in top split.

For a top split driver or any driver rated B/S or higher, for that matter, it obviously wouldn't make any sense. :)

I guess for a driver that is normally D/S rated and fighting over 20-30 points in a 90-99 SR lobby, . . .

I must be in the wrong D/S lobbies (95% of the time we are all D/S) because I always race D/S and have never seen more than 10 points for a win (usually around 5-6 points max). I usually finish mid-pack and only average 2-3 points. i wonder what are the requirements for the 20-30 point lobbies?

I must be in the wrong D/S lobbies (95% of the time we are all D/S) because I always race D/S and have never seen more than 10 points for a win (usually around 5-6 points max). I usually finish mid-pack and only average 2-3 points. i wonder what are the requirements for the 20-30 point lobbies?
Drive like an idiot till your SR drops to C or even D, it's really easy and you don't have to upset anyone either, just keep going off track and hitting barriers.

Having a DR of C :D

25pt for a win is roughly equivalent to just under 250pt in total (winner gets around 10.5% of the total points available), which corresponds to a mean lobby DR of just under 5,000. DR C starts at 4,000.

Last edited:

Yep, sorry. Didn't look at the graph above very well... :embarrassed: Change D/S to C/S or change "fighting over 20-30 points" to "fighting over 5-10 points" and the rest of what I said still applies, I guess... :)

I guess for a driver that is normally D/S rated and fighting over 5-10 points in a 90-99 SR lobby, having less than 90 SR would lead to being in a race for more points, as @Norrin Radd says. Since there are less 80-89 SR splits, he might end up in the "top drop split", racing against A+, A and B drivers, which would make the strength of field and points available higher than his usual lobby. Not that he would easily win in that lobby, be he could potentially score more points indeed.

Last edited:
Back