GT Sport on PS4 transferring over to PS5

United Kingdom
Druids Bend
Z4E_Midnight85
Hi all,

A friend of mine is contemplating getting GT Sport. He's currently got a PS4 set up and has a PS5 boxed up ready to go sometime in the next couple of months - unsure why he won't set up the PS5 at the moment, but I think there's a few things he needs to sort first to get that hooked up. Anyway, my question is: if he buys and downloads GT Sport from the PSN on his PS4, will he then have to rebuy for PS5 or is it just a matter of logging in to the PSN on that console and downloading the games you've already bought? And will he be able to transfer the game file to the new system so it's not like restarting the game fresh??

Apologies if this has all been discussed and answered elsewhere - I couldn't find an answer to the specifics above...

Thanks guys!

Hi all,

A friend of mine is contemplating getting GT Sport. He's currently got a PS4 set up and has a PS5 boxed up ready to go sometime in the next couple of months - unsure why he won't set up the PS5 at the moment, but I think there's a few things he needs to sort first to get that hooked up. Anyway, my question is: if he buys and downloads GT Sport from the PSN on his PS4, will he then have to rebuy for PS5 or is it just a matter of logging in to the PSN on that console and downloading the games you've already bought? And will he be able to transfer the game file to the new system so it's not like restarting the game fresh??

Apologies if this has all been discussed and answered elsewhere - I couldn't find an answer to the specifics above...

Thanks guys!
My question is why on earth wouldn't he set up his PS5 now? All he needs is a power cable and HDMI cable, both of which are already plugged into the PS4. Anyhoo:

If he owns the digital version of GTSport (or any game) on PS4 then he owns it on PS5 and yes can just download it after logging into his account on the PS5.
Yes he can transfer the save game data over. There's instructions in the PS5 box on how to do this as there's a couple of methods. He can also upload save data to PSPlus and then re-download them from there.

My question is why on earth wouldn't he set up his PS5 now? All he needs is a power cable and HDMI cable, both of which are already plugged into the PS4. Anyhoo:

If he owns the digital version of GTSport (or any game) on PS4 then he owns it on PS5 and yes can just download it after logging into his account on the PS5.
Yes he can transfer the save game data over. There's instructions in the PS5 box on how to do this as there's a couple of methods. He can also upload save data to PSPlus and then re-download them from there.
I've no idea why he hasn't set it up yet. Maybe lacking in time or motivation, unsure. I'm on his case to get in on the action, so maybe he'll set it up soon.

Thanks for the info, glad it's that simple!

Brilliant, thank you!

Back