GT Sport Photos

• Thread starter Chikane_GTR
  • 2,412 comments
#PS4 Pro

The Detail up close :bowdown: Tokyo Expressway

Track Side detail with full Zoom (from a distance) low Aperture F-2.8 and high Exposure +0.3~ Shutter Speed 1/8000 (still) Colour temperature and contrast reduced for realism 👍

^^ grouting fallen out in between the tiles, dust/dirt from the road 2-3 tiles up, chipped paint on the white line, Curved edge on the kerb shadow, Rust on the white paint coming off and dripping down the bolts, paint coming off the metal kerb..I only stopped in one random place -Very detailed the track side mile after mile :bowdown:

Last edited:
Well I haven't checked all cars since I don't have access to all of them. But the engine bays that are visible on the cars I have checked from Ferrari, Lamborghini and McLaren seem to be badly modelled. I can just about accept that since they require so much modelling, that it is best used elsewhere. The varying levels of detail on the cars is mainly apparent in the modelling of the rims, lights, exhausts and manufacturer badges. Ranging from excellent to awful. This was something that plagued GT5 and 6's models. I think it is down to varying degree of skills of each modellers working at Polyphony Digital. Whereas Driveclub's car models seem more consistent in their quality. I will post some more pictures soon.

Last edited:
Well I haven't checked all cars since I don't have access to all of them. But the engine bays that are visable on the cars I have checked from Ferrari, Lamborghini and McLaren seem to be badly modelled. I can just about accept that since they require so much modelling, that it is best used elsewhere. The varying levels of detail on the cars is mainly apparent in the modelling of the rims, lights, exhausts and manufacturer badges. Ranging from excellent to awful. This was something that plagued GT5 and 6's models. I think it is down to varying degree of skills of each modellers working at Polyphony Digital. Whereas Driveclub's car models seem more consistent in their quality. I will post some more pictures soon.

Yep I saw your examples of the Mclaren P1 & Lambo Wheel Comparison to DC. I think with PD they have prioritised UI, lighting engine and the track side and also some of the interiors for the photomode and VR detail. I have noticed some working dials are not round and a few jaggies here and there and as you say the engine bays are not as detailed as DC but as an overall package it is very polished. Maybe they will patch in further updates to each car as people notice them. 👍

Edit: The most realistic 4K photos I have seen on PS4 so far are in Hellblade not even an AAA title.

Last edited:
Yep I saw your examples of the Mclaren P1 & Lambo Wheel Comparison to DC. I think with PD they have prioritised UI, lighting engine and the track side and also some of the interiors for the photomode and VR detail. I have noticed some working dials are not round and a few jaggies here and there and as you say the engine bays are not as detailed as DC but as an overall package it is very polished. Maybe they will patch in further updates to each car as people notice them. 👍

Well when it comes lighting, it isn't even a contest. That is why I lament the exclusion of rain in GT Sport. Driveclub's cars look absolutely amazing in the rain. Can only imagine in combination with GT Sport's lighting engine how good it would look. Further updates making a big difference are entirely possible. Driveclub literally did the same thing and made a huge difference to the quality of the game, so there is hope for that.

I know its what people on GTPlanet do but I lol at people setting up their own dedicated threads for their pics. I think the same rule applies to pics in gt as to pics of your kids.... No one cares about them as much as you do.

I think I have become a grumpy old man. :grumpy:

i9SDPGI.jpg

hggo1c8.jpg

bntsDGs.jpg

YlWlcDc.jpg

Back