GT Sport Pit Stop Captured at Goodwood — Mechanical Damage Confirmed?

The tire changed seemed to be delayed when the car came to a stop. Was the inputs pending or was that Fuelling? If it was the latter that's a really nice touch.

There probably won't be endurance races but it would be also cool to see only 2 pit crew members on the wheels just like in GT racing rather than the f1 style

Good to see pit stops. Just hope they make the air jacks visible on the relevant cars, as them floating looks last gen. And hopefully regular, manual jacking on the relevant and non race cars. And possible mechanical damage and repair in there is a great inclusion. I knew visual damage wouldn't make it but mechanical damage is alot more important and crucial to racing.

Lord Protector - I know what you mean. Even if getting full cycle on all tracks wasn't possible, only two of the greatest endurance tracks having them would make those tracks twice as good. No racing experience beats a day night cycle on Nurburgring and La Sarthe. With a sprinkling of weather change of course. We can only hope.:)

Last edited:
thDEGQJO7U.jpg
I think that mechanical damage it's confirmed

Things I want from pitstops:
· Different lengths for different types of cars
· Different ways of jacking the car up (front, rear, side, airjacks...)
· Being able to pre-order them in an easy way (presets?)

I don't know why but I still have a hope deep inside me that we will get dynamic weather at least on Nurb 24h and/or Sarthe... seeing the video just makes the hope stronger :D

I think is the better way. A 2017 GT/race game... Without the lengendary 24h races in Nürburgring/Sarthe .. I'll be a shame.
Hope they extended de night/day to Bathurst too.

Lord Protector - I know what you mean. Even if getting full cycle on all tracks wasn't possible, only two of the greatest endurance tracks having them would make those tracks twice as good. No racing experience beats a day night cycle on Nurburgring and La Sarthe. With a sprinkling of weather change of course. We can only hope.:)

Hmm, maybe Kaz meant to say the dynamic weather isn't going to make it at launch? And now in this "final phase" of development they try to make it work :) time will tell

I don't know why but I still have a hope deep inside me that we will get dynamic weather at least on Nurb 24h and/or Sarthe... seeing the video just makes the hope stronger :D

Hmm, maybe Kaz meant to say the dynamic weather isn't going to make it at launch? And now in this "final phase" of development they try to make it work :) time will tell

Hmmm... A GT game that has vaguely promised features added after launch? Yep. Let's not go there!

On the topic of pit stops, there was a feature in an old NASCAR game that made the impact driver stall/get stuck in the middle of changing a tire. It was frustrating as a gamer but a cool touch of realism.

The tire changed seemed to be delayed when the car came to a stop. Was the inputs pending or was that Fuelling? If it was the latter that's a really nice touch.

There probably won't be endurance races but it would be also cool to see only 2 pit crew members on the wheels just like in GT racing rather than the f1 style
The delay was just due to the young fella in the seat trying to choose his tyres.
There was no fuel deg. on because the car had "100" in the tank when it entered pit lane.
I noticed a pit crew member with a fuel-can standing by though.

Personally, I'm not sure I can see much variation in stop times due to the pit crew.
There will be some small variation due to button input speed when selecting tyres of course.
But mainly due to fuel amount strategy (and repairs).

Strange thing about this pit stop is that the car don't drive through the pit lane. Once the car entry the pit lane, it immediately teleporting to the crew and right after pit stop exit the pit.

I'm fairly certain that's just due to whatever mode they were playing.
My guess is Arcade Practise.

We have this clip from an earlier build.

Last edited:
For ever I have wanted to look around the cockpit during the pit stop. Please let me have some control of what I want to see. Like when I'm driving in an outside view (rarely now), I want panning not flash view.

IM sully no to not this kind of stuff bit find it very cool. I haven't experienced something like how this works yet. It will be... interesting

Mechanical damage needs to be a part of this game. No sorry, it has to be part of this game. I'm not surprised that fully animated pit stops are in, because they've popped up in GT4, 5 and 6. The extra options you have whilst in the pits is a great thing.

Mechanical damage needs to be a part of this game. No sorry, it has to be part of this game. I'm not surprised that fully animated pit stops are in, because they've popped up in GT4, 5 and 6. The extra options you have whilst in the pits is a great thing.
I don't think there was ever a question of mechanical damage in GTS. It's been known GTS would have a damage system for over a year now. It makes me wonder what else hasn't been officially announced and will be in the game. I'm not hopeful for the course maker. Dropping the ball. A big shaking of the head. FACE PALM.

I don't think there was ever a question of mechanical damage in GTS. It's been known GTS would have a damage system for over a year now. It makes me wonder what else hasn't been officially announced and will be in the game. I'm not hopeful for the course maker. Dropping the ball. A big shaking of the head. FACE PALM.
I think GT fans are going to be pleasantly surprised at the wealth of new features in the game yet to be announced. I think they have a few tricks up their sleeve yet.

I have realised that you can never take anything that you expect to appear in a GT game for granted, unless it appears on the disc on release day. Sometimes it can be a pleasant and cool surprise and other times it can be a frustrating and puzzling ommission. It is something that fuels my love hate relationship with the GT series. One thing is for sure: PD knows how to keep us guessing - Whether intentional or not. Maybe that is what keeps me coming back, despite my (sometimes vocal) critcisms. Guess I am a sucker for tough love.

I think GT fans are going to be pleasantly surprised at the wealth of new features in the game yet to be announced. I think they have a few tricks up their sleeve yet.
With the caveat of "soon" or "fans will never have to wait so long".

I've learned my lesson with getting hyped about GT games.

Usually I would say just wait a year or two and buy the game nearly free of glitches with tons of content that wasn't available on day one, but seems it's PVP focused...

I'll wait a week after release to see what everyone else thinks and get an idea of all the features. It will have to offer something that PCARS 2 or FM7 won't for me to consider paying more than $40 for it.

I can see why. Brand central wasn't shown until very recently. We didn't realize the extent of what was possible. It was said we were able to place and position the car wherever and we still thought it was limited to the scenery being used as static backdrops/grounds and not environments as dynamic as they appear to be. The examples for the livery editor aren't detailed enough so we're still not quite sure how unrestricted designs can be.

It's very much like when they announced Andalusia would be a course maker location at the same time it would feature the city of Ronda as a photo mode location. Nobody was debating how the the course maker would only allow for the outskirts of Ronda to be used; in other words, everywhere but Ronda would be viable areas for the layout to be placed. I gotta say I feel like it's a travesty not including the course maker. If it ends up in GTS with an update, the least that could be done in the meantime would be to release the best version of what they have presently or basically use the previous versions. To not add the simpler course maker from GT5 into GT6 was the oversight of the decade. To not INCLUDE any version of the course maker in GT Sport would be straight up foolish and mind-boggling.

It's frustrating to know they won't outsource remodeling of tracks at the very least. It sucks to realize how many original tracks will never be seen in the future, and unlike the car modeling, the tracks could reasonably be overseen by a PD employee for quality control. There's a great supply of frustration to go all around.

I have realised that you can never take anything that you expect to appear in a GT game for granted, unless it appears on the disc on release day. Sometimes it can be a pleasant and cool surprise and other times it can be a frustrating and puzzling ommission. It is something that fuels my love hate relationship with the GT series. One thing is for sure: PD knows how to keep us guessing. Maybe that is what keeps me coming back, despite my (sometimes vocal) critcisms. Guess I am a sucker for tough love.
It makes sense to have a feeling of suspicion when in comes to GT because of the way these last 10 years have gone. I think the PS3 was the worst case of being limited by bottlenecks for them. With a format so cut and dry as a (GT) car game, it must have been a nightmare after having experienced the highs of two stunners that were perfect for the PS2 to being burdened with all the extra work in details from the standard they expected themselves to meet. I'm getting a tightness in my chest from writing about it and imagining how screwed up it is. I know too well what it's like to strive for perfection, then falling short of expectations no matter how unreasonable or unattainable.

UGHH. It does bother me just thinking about it.

To not INCLUDE any version of the course maker in GT Sport would be straight up foolish and mind-boggling.

It's frustrating to know they won't outsource remodeling of tracks at the very least. It sucks to realize how many original tracks will never be seen in the future, and unlike the car modeling, the tracks could reasonably be overseen by a PD employee for quality control.

I'm not interested in a course maker feature at all, because:

i) Replicating real-world tracks accurately with it will be impossible.

ii) Making high-quality content requires professional artists with very specific skill sets and isn't something amateurs can do. And even if highly skilled and motivated people outside of PD would attempt to make GTS courses, the PS4-based consumer version of the course maker would be extremely dumbed down compared to what the developers at PD use internally, making it impossible for outsiders to customize and optimize every detail of a course. In other words, custom courses would never achieve the same level of quality as the ones made by PD.

iii) I want to race on tracks that I and the rest of the GTS community know well and race on in official races. Only a small subset of the community would play on custom tracks.

But it's definitely sad that GTS will ship with so few tracks. :(

I'm not interested in a course maker feature at all, because:

i) Replicating real-world tracks accurately with it will be impossible.

ii) Making high-quality content requires professional artists with very specific skill sets and isn't something amateurs can do. And even if highly skilled and motivated people outside of PD would attempt to make GTS courses, the PS4-based consumer version of the course maker would be extremely dumbed down compared to what the developers at PD use internally, making it impossible for outsiders to customize and optimize every detail of a course. In other words, custom courses would never achieve the same level of quality as the ones made by PD.

iii) I want to race on tracks that I and the rest of the GTS community know well and race on in official races. Only a small subset of the community would play on custom tracks.

But it's definitely sad that GTS will ship with so few tracks. :(
I don't care about replicas or about how aesthetically pleasing a user-created track is (that isn't a deal breaker). I had some amazing tracks in GT5 for drifting and where I learned how to drift. And they kept me interested in karting. In GT6, being able to find and use anybody's tracks is one of the best parts for me and in turn makes for an interesting dimension to the experience and adds to the replayablility like nothing else, including a livery editor.

I feel like you've just insulted me. How dare you! Oh, I oughta.

IMO, 19 tracks isn't too few. With that said, 19 tracks without a course maker doesn't put it in the same league as the last two GT's. I'm missing the never-seen-again original tracks from GT4 as much as I will be missing the course maker.

I actually skipped GT6 and didn't know it has a course maker, so what I wrote is based on assumptions on how a consumer version of such a tool would perform and the quality of content one could produce with it. If GT6 already had a course maker and fans were able to produce interesting content with it, then it would indeed be nice if GTS shipped with one as well. And if one believes Kaz's promise that GTS isn't cutting any features...

IDK about that Johnny. We my be suprised by a new feature or 2. But I think Sport will actually turn out to be an abreviated version of what's really coming with GT7, hopefully in 2018 ;)

A course creator for an abreviated GT is a bit much. Lol, just thought... what if they do - in Sport - chuckles... they'll screw it up in 7. I had way more fun when the course creator was in game. Did not bother with the tablet deal but one good track from my phone before they cancelled that Christmas.

With the caveat of "soon" or "fans will never have to wait so long".

I've learned my lesson with getting hyped about GT games.

Usually I would say just wait a year or two and buy the game nearly free of glitches with tons of content that wasn't available on day one, but seems it's PVP focused...

I'll wait a week after release to see what everyone else thinks and get an idea of all the features. It will have to offer something that PCARS 2 or FM7 won't for me to consider paying more than $40 for it.
Me too Bremic. Thing is I missed out on the McLaren Stealth F1 upon 5's release. Even after GameStop said I could still preorder.

@SlipZtrEm... understood ;)

Last edited:
A course creator for an abreviated GT is a bit much. Lol, just thought... what if they do - in Sport - chuckles... they'll screw it up in 7. I had way more fun when the course creator was in game. Did not bother with the tablet deal but one good track from my phone before they cancelled that Christmas.
Even so, a course creator would make it a zillion times more worth the money. Let's make my dreams come true, err'body. Let's go, LET'S GO!

With Mechanical Damage in GT Sport, i hope the level of detail will still shine in this area. For example, if you have suspension damage, you can hear the broken suspension scraping the car if its severe or you can hear the punctured tires losing air.

With Mechanical Damage in GT Sport, i hope the level of detail will still shine in this area. For example, if you have suspension damage, you can hear the broken suspension scraping the car if its severe or you can hear the punctured tires losing air.

That would be amazing but we're probably not going to see that in GTS. I expect generic mechanical damage without much (if any) audiovisual representation.

Back