GT Sport "Release Period Announcement" To Come at Sony E3 Briefing

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 313 comments
I loved Daiki Kashos music! Especially GT3 where there were NO LYRICS. The singing ruins it all. From what I heared from the copper of build rumored to be Daiki Kashos music which sound great...

Ikr, his stuff from GT5 onwards was too emo for my taste, in contrast with his GT3/Concept works which sounds energic and brutal that perfect for racing

I disagree. Sony's giving them 30 minutes of a stream all to themselves. That actually says a lot about what they think of them. It's not the main show, but this will give them a chance to actually talk about the game quite a bit as well as show it off. If it were in the show it'd just be 1-2m and that's it.

The tweet said that "somewhere" in those 30 minutes there's some segment about the PD offices. I would not expect more than 5 minutes, judging from that statement.

So I am a bit confused right now with the timing.
I'm from Belgium so the "new trailer with release period' will be today around midnight?

Of course, there's no guarantee the majority of that 30min period will actually be about the game... let's hope!

I can't remember the exact description — @Famine knows best — but IIRC, Kaz can read and write English proficiently, but is worried about his speaking ability, thus Translator-San.

You'll notice that, in interviews, Kaz very much shows he understands what English interviewers are asking him.

There's understanding, and then there's nodding politely... :)

Also, release 'period' seems like a translation issue. We'll get a date tonight, guaranteed :)

Last edited:
I just saw the Xbox e3 show, and i am amazed at how amazing forza 7 looks. I am playing the gt sport beta but honestly i think gt has lost to forza in the graphics department this time. I hope the final release of gt sport is a LOT better than the beta.

What ? Nah. You saw some crafty trailer with flashy things (worked apparently) but the actual game will look like Forza 6 which is like this: (taken from the trailer) Which is expected given they had to make it first and foremost for OG XBone.

forzamotorsport7-e320sez19.jpg

forzamotorsport7-e320qeb3r.jpg

Anyway...release date hype! :gtpflag::gtpflag:

I would say that this is their big chance to prove that they are working hard day and night to deliver a great game at its time, a delay will destroy this game's reputation seriously, last two GT weren't that good too many missing pieces and with this new title they better prove that they didn't lose focus i don't want to start comparison argument obviously but this game has special charisma at least to me.

EDIT: anyone knows what is going on with polyphony ? short of staff maybe ? they are not what they used to be.

Themewise, despite being on the green side of the force now (since Forza 6) I have to admit that listening to GT5 Spec 2 intro theme song not only reminds me of the good old days, but also gives me goosebumps while getting me motivated and ready to race, again and again.

Right, emo music is not good for racing, I feel like people "love" the guy just 'cause he's Japanese or something.

The earlier soundtracks were much better and more suited to what GT should be.
All Daiki Kasho tracks in GT3 were awesome! There are some GT4 tracks in the beta, I'd like to see some from GT1, 2 and 3 (in other words the golden age of music in GT)

I disagree. Sony's giving them 30 minutes of a stream all to themselves. That actually says a lot about what they think of them. It's not the main show, but this will give them a chance to actually talk about the game quite a bit as well as show it off. If it were in the show it'd just be 1-2m and that's it.
Yes, I hear the v9ce president of Sony thinks very highly of the main man at PDI.

There's understanding, and then there's nodding politely... :)
Yamauchi and I had a conversation in English about my Mazda MX-5 in the Silverstone car park. His handlers were going berserk that he was talking to a journalist directly and in a second language :lol:

Also, it's intensely unlikely, but I will laugh if the launch period is announced as "now".

What ? Nah. You saw some crafty trailer with flashy things (worked apparently) but the actual game will look like Forza 6 which is like this...

Plus dynamic time and weather, and whatever optimisations they've managed to squeeze out in the last couple of years. The gameplay footage I saw was looking pretty good. We all know that GTS looks good in screenshots, but we also all know that FM tends to look great in motion. Not half because #FrameRatesMatter.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it ends up being swings and roundabouts between GTS and FM7. And PC2, for that matter. The PC2 trailers have looked pretty incredible.

Yamauchi and I had a conversation in English about my Mazda MX-5 in the Silverstone car park. His handlers were going berserk that he was talking to a journalist directly and in a second language :lol:

Also, it's intensely unlikely, but I will laugh if the launch period is announced as "now".

That's an awesome story haha.

I was ever so slightly hoping for the same 'now' announcement, but it's so unlikely!

Back