GT Sport Smart Watch Coming Via Tag Heuer Partnership

As cool as this is, there is no way i could justify the outlay for one of these... :(

Here's hoping to get one as reward for completing the GT licence ;)

I'm sure these will be offered as a reward somewhere in the GT esports Championships

Based on what I've seen of the new HUD in GTS, it's hard to imagine needing additional telemetry elsewhere. But it's a cool idea. Hopefully this means sim racers will be able to easily use phone/tablet as telemetry interfaces in their sim rigs.

My experience with checking my wrist for data while engaged in something requiring serious focus has been negative, so I would pass.

Looks nice, probably very expensive. I'd say I'd give my right arm for one of those but then I'd have nowhere to put it.

You're looking at the Connected Modular 45 — the GT watch hasn't been shown.

It will certainly make things like wheels and cockpits appear cheap: the CM45 starts at $1650 USD and only goes up, and I don't expect the GT watch to undercut that.

Based on what I've seen of the new HUD in GTS, it's hard to imagine needing additional telemetry elsewhere. But it's a cool idea. Hopefully this means sim racers will be able to easily use phone/tablet as telemetry interfaces in their sim rigs.

My experience with checking my wrist for data while engaged in something requiring serious focus has been negative, so I would pass.

It may not be visual, it could haptic or audio feedback/Information? Or even inputs from the watch to the game?

For instance the game could make use of gyroscope within!!!

It may not be visual, it could haptic or audio feedback/Information? Or even inputs from the watch to the game?

For instance the game could make use of gyroscope within!!!
Now don't get carried away. Remember the GPS tracks functionality that was going to be a part of GT6 course creator? Gotta keep a tight rein on that imagination when you're talking about PD, even for features they talk about doing.

Now don't get carried away. Remember the GPS tracks functionality that was going to be a part of GT6 course creator? Gotta keep a tight rein on that imagination when you're talking about PD, even for features they talk about doing.

Lol, yes very true... Note to self, keep it in the check ;)

I'd rather have PD just do a dedicated companion app than come out with a gimmicky watch that'll likely cost more than many can actually afford.

I'd rather have PD just do a dedicated companion app than come out with a gimmicky watch that'll likely cost more than many can actually afford.

Seems like today is your* day.

rsz_token_zpsw9eggnkm.jpg

*Phone not included.

The Modular-45 Smart watches Start at $1,400 and Go Up to over $5,000
https://www.tagheuer.com/en/watches/tag-heuer-connected-modular-45

The Watches do have a companion App.
http://lvmhwj.force.com/?l=en_US&c=TAG_Heuer_Connected:TAG_Heuer_Connected_mobile_app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tagheuer.wear

The App Lets you Create your Own custom watch Faces.
"Become a master watchmaker and craft your own custom watch face – down to the finest details – in the TAG Heuer Studio. Upload a photo to create a watch face that keeps those special memories close."

GRAN TURISMO Partnership
https://www.tagheuer.com/en/partnerships/gran-turismo

A watch so you know what time it is when the game releases. If the game will ever release that is, 2 console generations and counting!

I think it would make more sense to add an dedicated career mode to the game. Or confirm some cool new tracks. Or Porsche. Or anything else that would actually matter to us as gamers...

But this is just 100% Polyphony Digital.

I'm disappointed that it's to be a smart watch, but might still consider it, depending on the actual features.

Hopefully TAG has shorter development timelines than PD, otherwise it will come out 3 or 4 years after the game releases. :lol:

I think it would make more sense to add an dedicated career mode to the game. Or confirm some cool new tracks. Or Porsche. Or anything else that would actually matter to us as gamers...

But this is just 100% Polyphony Digital.
For me the damage is already done,i'm giving project cars 2 the money they deserved for their hard work on building their game,everything that pc 2 has to offer i expected gt sport to have that!!

Perfect timing to introduce this his before the Australian Grand Prix. The Tag Heuer store on Collins St in Melbourne, always open big. I was there for a few of those celebrations.

Shame it's not available next week. Imagine the fanfare for that.

Of course, we can already with phones and tablets. Project Cars (1) has tens of apps that can be used with the PS4 and PC versions right now. I think Assetto Corsa does too. Hopefully Gran Turismo can manage it on Android devices this time!

A watch is yet another laughable marketing hookup for the Gran Turismo "brand". Utter garbage.

Looking forward to seeing Castrol as the official virtual motor oil of Gran Turismo.

YouTube to be the official supplier of a new in car cam mode featuring overly made up, bra-less passenger getting jiggled around by a fast car.

Last edited:
For this price you can buy Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph and(!) steel 42mm Apple Watch, which would be a start of decent watch collection.

My friend bought me a Samsung S2 Gear smartwatch for Christmas this year. It's cool, I guess. I have been leaving my higher end watches on the dresser most days. I'm sure the novelty will wear off. They're more of a gimmick than a smartphone or tablet, of course. I own a TAG Heuer Aquaracer & Movado Series 800 so I'm not against spending the $$ for a watch, trust me...but I would never pay TAG Heuer prices for a smartwatch. That's just me...

In order to play GT Sport, ya gotta have a PS4 Pro & a Tag Heuer smart watch. & Still no release date.
I give up...
images

It would be cool if you could link an app on the watch to your game, so your lap times appear on your watch, or you could position your watch on your wrist so that when you're racing with a wheel you can look at the watch to check how far behind or ahead an opponent's car is from you in real time.

Back