GT Sport to Headline Debut Esports Schedule at Japan's 2019 National Sports Festival

Great that there is a 6-17 age bracket, since there are talented drivers waiting in the wings, literally. No reason why they can't compete in game but up till now with GT Academy and the FIA championships it has all been 18+.

I understand the FIA competitions being+18,but a Junior competition would be really cool but i don't know if GTS fanbase is big enough in the teenager demographic.

I am talking about the player base . Which was what was talked about above my post.

Reading what is written helps to not look fanboyish .

And i stand by my opinion.

If iracing can support a junior esports compation with way less users than gts then it says something.

Gts was also marketed as 7 to 77. So there is that also .

More junior compations is a good thing also . Becauae at the end of the day it is what will bring more attention to racing esports in general as the trend for most the racing games is to have some form of esports . From f1 to nascar and everything in between is they way forward

i hope the junior people have a fun time and take more interest

Last edited:

This tweet was on Mar. 28.
After latest update, I can access to online qualify in Sport mode and today I can try online qualify.

Hmph, that's annoying - it's not there on my JPN account (which I only set up for this event!).

Are there any restrictions on things like player rank (I've done no races on that account) that I don't know about?

Sorry, I don't know why but I think there is IP-based blocking which anyone living outside of Japan can't access to Kokutai qualify.
Oh buttocks. Let's hope there's no-one good on holiday outside Japan for the next three weeks then :lol:

I don't suppose you fancy sending me across the qualification event details, to save me the effort of translating it?

Curious, but did you register via the website? I didn't check on my Japanese account prior to registering, but do indeed see the event when entering sport mode (either because I registered, or simply because I reside in Japan).

I was finally able to register for this (previously when I went to qualify it would just open a web browser with 'page not found') and ran a few laps yesterday. Just enough to get a lap free of errors.

Looking at my ranking (187th), I am the only DR-B ranked driver in the middle of dozens of Cs and Ds. I think this confirms the game has overestimated my ranking quite significantly... not sure I am going to squeeze more time out of Suzuka as it's not exactly an unfamiliar track :/

Back