GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
3tuHhR.jpg

E3 build

PBTDhx.jpg

Finally, they got rid of that grayish palette. Now it feels like GT3

All they did with the colours was fiddle with the contrast. You could do that on your TV.

The texturing is different and TV contrast does 🤬 all. ;)

The main difference in those two images, except for the obvious coloured barriers and new road marking is much more video compression on the top one, It removes all the detail in the textures and generally washes out the colours, it's been encoded at least three times before that YT video. On the other hand the bottom one is direct and far less compressed.

Oh, and here is the first shot with the contrast adjusted in Photoshop.

inVKjxX.jpg

In short, comparing a hideously compressed video with one a lot less compressed is not very representative except for the obvious additions.

The main difference in those two images, except for the obvious coloured barriers and new road marking is much more video compression on the top one, It removes all the detail in the textures and generally washes out the colours, it's been encoded at least three times before that YT video. On the other hand the bottom one is direct and far less compressed.

Oh, and here is the first shot with the contrast adjusted in Photoshop.

inVKjxX.jpg

In short, comparing a hideously compressed video with one a lot less compressed is not very representative except for the obvious additions.
Very true but it just shows how a little colour can make a big difference all we need now is the Tokyo track to get some colour.Maybe so graffiti or billboards.

Can you seriously not see the difference in the colour of, say, the 33 sign in the foreground? That's not filtering, that's a different colour. And since the whole scene has similar colour differences, I say it's a contrast adjustment rather than an actual colour change of every single surface.

Here is the gif which was posted some pages back. Both looks to be taken from same resolution and are compressed so on TV it should look much better. But anyways older one looks much blurrier in comparison. At least I can see the difference

Here is the gif which was posted some pages back. Both looks to be taken from same resolution and are compressed so on TV it should look much better. But anyways older one looks much blurrier in comparison. At least I can see the difference

Yes, the older one is blurrier because it's got much more video compression on it. I don't know how you can't see that, everything is washed out.

Both of them are compressed IMO.

One significantly more than the other. The race was broadcast live online, compressed twice before anyone could capture it. It has then been re-uploaded to YouTube, adding a third level of compression and who knows if the uploader did anything to it before doing it. The trailer on the other hand has probably been uploaded to youtube directly from a Pro-Res file by Sony/PD, giving much less compression.

I mean you can't even see any of the track textures in the first video, they're just a blur of video artifacts.

The newer version is obviously better with the added markings and colours but you can't judge what has changed in the finer details when they're simply not present on one of the sources. Look at this screenshot of the track before the changes, clearly not as grey and washed out as the video.

gtsport_4.jpg

Last edited:
Oddly, I find the Z4 near the start/finish line to be equally in focus on both shots.

But mainly posting to say that it looks like the grandstand top of picture has been extended closer to the track.
The step up along the front concrete wall looks shorter to me.

*Edit*
I recognise it could be perspective due to a slight camera angle difference.
And there's a bit of a whoopdie-doo factor involved. :lol:
But here's what I mean anyway.

Using this guy (visible in both shots) as a height reference -

pizap.com14657662212731_zps5ppvhkej.jpg

The step up to the next grandstand behind him looks shorter in the second 'coloured' image.

yKYDyMX_zps2yhjxskr.gif

Last edited:
While many of us were impressed by the visuals and atmosphere of most recently shown videos and images from GTS you suggested nothing was worth applauding and stated that we all could achieve it via our Television sets own contrast settings.

No, I didn't. I suggested that the greyish tone could be removed by adjusting your contrast.

Jesus Christ, could you people PLEASE learn to read.

I wish! I hope to see La Sarthe but I reckon we will get no better than 2015 LMP1-H. In fact I would expect 2014 LMP1-H at best, assuming we get newer versions, which is still fine with me.

Speaking of that, a decent combo would be the R18 e-tron quattro '15 and TS040 Hybrid '14.

(And maybe 919 Hybrid '15 through an update?)

Speaking of that, a decent combo would be the R18 e-tron quattro '15 and TS040 Hybrid '14.

(And maybe 919 Hybrid '15 through an update?)
As a Toyota fan I have to admit the 2015 R18 e-tron quattro would murder the 2014 TS040-HYBRID. In fact the 2015 R18 was comfortably quicker than the 2014 TS040 so your combination would not be ideal.

If we get some newer LMP1-H cars ideally they should be from the same year. A 919 Hybrid as DLC? I love that idea!

As a Toyota fan I have to admit the 2015 R18 e-tron quattro would murder the 2014 TS040-HYBRID. In fact the 2015 R18 was comfortably quicker than the 2014 TS040 so your combination would not be ideal.

If we get some newer LMP1-H cars ideally they should be from the same year. A 919 Hybrid as DLC? I love that idea!

That is true... The 2014 cars would be closer in terms of stock power... I was only considering it in terms of cars that could be highlighted and that were fast in real life that can be placed in the game.

If the TS050 has a good year for 2016, PD could possibly consider it in a 2017 update for GT Sport.

On my plasma, everything ( contrast, color and black level ) looks better than on my laptop Phillips LCD screen or my mate 4K LED Bravia.

The second trailer is beautiful to look at.

This isn't news, this info was out at the same time as the trailer. This is what people are saying is skipping e3.

If you wait for a second and read the post, you can actually discover that they confirmed that Kaz is going to be present presenting new gameplay...

We hope you’ll stay tuned to PlayStation’s channels next week as Yamauchi-san will join our team at E3 to show off more gameplay on the PlayStation LiveCast. If you’re at E3 this year, you can stop by the PlayStation booth to play GT Sport for yourself!

Nice road surface :)

2016-06-12.png

Road surface does look great but in photomode in Forza 6 or PCars on consoles the road surface looks great yet in gameplay cam it looks very blurry due to poor af and with the ps4 notoriously bad for af i doubt wel get that road surface.On Neo however...possibly.

Back