GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
Taken from Gamersyde. Converted to JPG to reduce file size, but it's high quality conversion(essentially lossless):

JQSb.jpg

KQSb.jpg

This game desperately needs some AA.
I think the Neo version will have high AA applied but vanilla PS4 will struggle with jaggies.

I wouldn't say desperately. Personally, I think it looks great.
Well, we obviously have different standards.

As somebody who games on good gaming PC more than on consoles, I've gotten very sensitive to poor IQ and so find this a bit painful to look at.

Definitely making a strong case for me upgrading to the Neo, as the other dude said above.

Well, we obviously have different standards.

As somebody who games on good gaming PC more than on consoles, I've gotten very sensitive to poor IQ and so find this a bit painful to look at.

Definitely making a strong case for me upgrading to the Neo, as the other dude said above.
I just care more about gameplay and physics than I do about graphics. I'm assuming you are not a big fan of sims like R Factor and Iracing then.

I just care more about gameplay and physics than I do about graphics. I'm assuming you are not a big fan of sims like R Factor and Iracing then.
I definitely am. But I can also play those with good AA or supersampled.

I'm not a graphics > gameplay person at all, either. I didn't say anywhere that I wasn't going to buy the game as a result or that the game sucks because of it. But jaggies, shimmering and dithering are things I do not like. They mar the graphics and make things look very 'digital', whereas a game with good IQ tends to look more real. It's a big reason all these photomode action shots look so darn good.

The lighting is much better, no more "black crushed" shadows
Hopefully it means you can actually see the dials inside the car when using cockpit view now...

I did a little comparison between these new GT sport interior pics and GT5:
View attachment 558437 View attachment 558441 View attachment 558442 View attachment 558443

Not the exact same cars obviously, but the Lancer's interior seems to be done from scratch while the Corvette is the same one from GT5 but improved and adjusted.

The bottom 2 are obviously Scapes so I expect that level of quality. The Willow one could possibly be PS4 Neo level?

Yeah the Top one looks wayyyy too good, could be photomode with added AA and higher LODS.

This picture for example looks a bit worse
Brands_Hatch_Indy_Normal_01_1465878817.jpg

But if that is how the game will look then yeah best looking sim racer out there easily, looks more impressive now.

Last edited:
It's just the lighting - that sun baked look of Willow, really nails it

RQSb.jpg
Ok. That's impressive. It's not only about raw power but also the art direction. There is something special in GT graphics. A lot of flaws for sure with some beautifiul moments like this.

I think we'll never see again heat haze...

So is this game worth actually buying a PS4 at this point, or should I just stick to what I have on PC?

I still would really like to believe in PD, but you know.

So is this game worth actually buying a PS4 at this point, or should I just stick to what I have on PC?

I still would really like to believe in PD, but you know.

We don't know any more now than we did a month ago, so that's up to you, really.

Never buy a console for one game.

Eh, if you think you'll spend enough time playing it, I'd say why not. I got my XB1 more or less for the Forza franchise (though I've since got PCARS and NFS for it too), and considering the time I've played, I'd say it was worth it. It's currently used a lot more than my PS4, actually. :-/

@SlipZtrEm it's a risk though, what if you don't like the game?. I'm a big GT fan but wouldn't buy a PS4 for it.
It's quite simple really, if you end up not liking the game, and there's nothing else on PS4 that doesn't interest you, you can then sell the console.

Sure, you'll take a slight hit on what you initially spent, but buying a console isn't signing a life contract.

It's quite simple really, if you end up not liking the game, and there's nothing else on PS4 that doesn't interest you, you can then sell the console.

Sure, you'll take a slight hit on what you initially spent, but buying a console isn't signing a life contract.
Yeah, but most people have a goal to not waste money unnecessarily. Not only is it a goal for most, it's also something that some quite literally can't be doing. While it's an option, it's not really the best one, let alone, a smart one. Hence, his point.

I can agree with that, as I've been holding off on buying a PS4, as I'm waiting for that one game to pull me in. I can buy one now and not use it, but that's just a waste.

@SlipZtrEm it's a risk though, what if you don't like the game?. I'm a big GT fan but wouldn't buy a PS4 for it.

Oh, well yeah - try it first!

I can say that in both cases (my 360 and One), I tried the games before buying. But as @GTPorsche says, there's always selling too, which I imagine is another area the PS4 probably has an advantage over the XB1. With the new S and Scorpio now in the public domain, I can't imagine resale values of XB1's going up... :lol:

To keep this on-topic:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-e3-2016-direct-capture-video-shows-off-group-3-at-brands-hatch/

I can't imagine resale values of XB1's going up... :lol:
And that's my current predicament, because I really do like the white :lol: Although, if anything I might as well just wait and see how the Scorpio(blasted thing) plays out, if I'm planning to get a replacement.

Back