GT Sport Undocumented Changes (1.41)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 89 comments
Tire squeezing sound definitely a lot louder, but its very weird, it feels you have a car in your back all the time and feels like the wheels are of this car behind. Not sure if its an improvement this....

Maybe its that they adjusted the levels (engine/transmission/tires) and put the transmission quieter and the tires louder

I noticed this, too. Any car equipped with a Race Transmission, I can hardly hear it in bumper cam; it's really only audible in interior cam.

After update, my overal race times at daily race C got slower. In fact my fastest race from wednesday was 7 seconds slower than fastest race on monday.
I can asure you, it is not because I drove worse. In fact I would have to be doing atleast similar times if not faster...
Does it have to do with tyre wear that has changed? The car (Audi R18) drives the same as before the update...

After update, my overal race times at daily race C got slower. In fact my fastest race from wednesday was 7 seconds slower than fastest race on monday.
I can asure you, it is not because I drove worse. In fact I would have to be doing atleast similar times if not faster...
Does it have to do with tyre wear that has changed? The car (Audi R18) drives the same as before the update...

I can report I went to try out the tyre wear in the T16 race (Sardegna B, Gr4), used the same setup as before I expected to be a few tenths off as I've not played in a couple of days and I reran it 4 times. I was consistently slower in fact near .5 second a lap slower. While I feel that some of that will be me just out of practice on that combo, something definitely is different for it to be consistent like that.

The back of the car is louder than the front of the car in third person. Before if you had the camera facing the front or back of the car, it sounded the same. Now the exhaust end is louder.

So it wasn't just me when I tried it last night. Was grinding Nostalgia 1979 with The Ferrari 330 P4 and it definitely didn't do that prior to the update. Wonder though if that's only on cars with Exhausts directly pointing out the back.

For the Online Time Trial mode, I notice that the Porsche says 'Balance of Performance (BOP) for Circuit (Setting disable)'

Was this always the text regarding BOP?

As far as I can remember, I've always seen that text.

During my run of GT League World Hatchback Championship Round 4 at Sardegna B II, the positive camber for the final corner which leads to the S/F straight seems to have decreased.

I've driven A layout much more than B; I thought this corner was shared between the two layouts. Firstly, is my assumption about the commonality of this corner true?

Lastly, can anyone confirm this phenomenon? I had very limited time to explore before work today.

Thx in advance

Will explore that myself once I get on.

The lower volume of the cars is probably more to do with increased wind noise than a reduction in sound.

Yep, I can confirm. That is my case as well. Daily (weekly) race C (Gr. 1 at Lago Maggiore). On Tuesday I was doing low 1.38 like nothing (only the first couple of laps of course) and after the update I have to push really hard to do low 1.39. The car understeers like a b*tch now (Audi R18 2016). Only did 2 races, so maybe it just takes some getting used to. Haven't tried the qualifying without tyre wear yet though, so don't know if it's the physics or tyre wear that's changed.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's just me, but I can definitely tell a difference in wind noise when I'm out of the slip stream, and it gets gradually quieter as I get back in it.

Nissan GT-R GT3 sound Got updated made a comparison Video

It's still massively incorrect, and trust me, I'd know...

4PXM4dH.jpg

Nissan GT-R GT3 sound Got updated made a comparison Video

This is not only for GT-R GT3, it's overall change.

By the way, that we can now see the cockpit view of the AI cars may be thanks to this.

Before this update, the cockpits of AI cars were really rough rendered even in the photo mode.

But now, they're well rendered in the photo mode, just like the player's car's one.

Qyn
Not sure if it's just me, but I can definitely tell a difference in wind noise when I'm out of the slip stream, and it gets gradually quieter as I get back in it.
I've read rumors of physics changes to the slipstream concerning both strength overall & maximum distance at which it can be experienced.
The change you describe sounds reasonably believable in this light.

Was there a notice dialog when you try to load ghost data, but there's not?
I have a Japanese version, and it says "リプレイがありません。" (means "No replay data exists.")

While watching a replay of a GT League race I noticed an AI-opponent car flashing its headlights as I was overtaking it. I have never seen the AI doing this before, but maybe it's old news?

Did they fix the bug where the sound would randomly fade out and then jump cut back in while in the rear camera?

Back