GT Sport Undocumented Changes (1.41)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 89 comments
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it seems like the default FIA Manufacturer suit and helmet liveries have returned...

Pre-update:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190720193753.png

Post-update:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190803193726.png

Before this update, when you change the target to the AI cars, the engine sounds become way smaller than that of the player's car.
But thanks to this update, they become the same volume as the sound of player's car! (With a little time lag)

P.S.
This is what you can see when you switch the target in cockpit view.
Yeah, it also has a time lag similar to the above one.
Maybe both of the time lags are common each other.

Last edited:
I might be wrong on this one, but did they change the angle of the rear-view camera?
Post update it appears less clear as opponents disappear behind the gray lap-time rectangle. You know they 're there by time-keeping, but spotting them in a glimpse seems harder.

Maybe I should see my optometrist... :D

Whats this I read on the first page regarding the slipstream intensity being adjusted for "real"?

I'm assuming they weakened it?

One thing I noticed in terms of sound that I don't really like they changed is the volume of AI or opponent cars depending on the location they are around your car. Before the update, opponent's cars (especially in 3rd person) used to be loud if they were right beside your car or directly behind you. Now if they're in those same spots, the car's are almost completely silent. But now they very loud if they are ahead of you. Not too realistic anymore... :indiff:

This is not only for GT-R GT3, it's overall change.

By the way, that we can now see the cockpit view of the AI cars may be thanks to this.

Before this update, the cockpits of AI cars were really rough rendered even in the photo mode.

But now, they're well rendered in the photo mode, just like the player's car's one.

I just checked. The AI cars' interiors are the same. They weren't improved:
(My Car)
6918118366497473040_0.jpg

(AI)
6926562617409406488_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I noticed in terms of sound that I don't really like they changed is the volume of AI or opponent cars depending on the location they are around your car. Before the update, opponent's cars (especially in 3rd person) used to be loud if they were right beside your car or directly behind you. Now if they're in those same spots, the car's are almost completely silent. But now they very loud if they are ahead of you. Not too realistic anymore... :indiff:
Hmm I kinda get your point but I prefer it being loud when your car is directly behind the AI and not loud when in front since what you mostly hear is the engine noise and a muffled exhaust (since most cars have the exhaust on the back).

But either way I will give it a shot with my headphones to see how worse it got.

Hmm I kinda get your point but I prefer it being loud when your car is directly behind the AI and not loud when in front since what you mostly hear is the engine noise and a muffled exhaust (since most cars have the exhaust on the back).

But either way I will give it a shot with my headphones to see how worse it got.
I agree but it should also be equally loud when they are directly parallel with your car in third person which is how it was before the update.

You can now use the cockpit view for all drivers in replays, it even works in instant replays in lobbies, h̶o̶w̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶t̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶i̶v̶e̶.

How does this work? Were you using a keyboard? If so, what buttons? Also, is it possible to switch cars without losing the interior view momentarily like in your video? Thanks.

How does this work? Were you using a keyboard? If so, what buttons? Also, is it possible to switch cars without losing the interior view momentarily like in your video? Thanks.
Up and down with controller like usual. Before patch, after you switch target car from your car to others, the camera view will switch to hood view. Now its other car interior.

As for "momentarily" its the game loading other car interior and there's nothing you can do about it.

Last edited:
...I prefer it being loud when your car is directly behind the AI and not loud when in front since what you mostly hear is the engine noise and a muffled exhaust (since most cars have the exhaust on the back).

Has anyone viewed replays saved prior to 1.41 update to judge whether the sound is revised to reflect current behavior?

I noticed that the newly implemented in-car camera for other drivers is available for previous replays.

I, too, will try to see if I notice a difference in current racing.

All cars that has wipers will work with a custom keyboard button and it has been since start I think.
When you say "keyboard button", do you refer also to DS3 controller or a driving wheel? I don't use an external keyboard.

I never noticed an option for wiper function in controller settings in the option area.

I never noticed an option for wiper function in controller settings in the option area.

There isn't one for the pad. Only wheel options have it.

Maybe that's why they're holding off on the rain update. The pad users won't be able to where they're going.:dopey:

Dunno if this is new but the P330 no longer enters the La Fiesta career event. It didn't in the couple I just ran anyway.

A shame really as you really had to push to beat them.

I did the last two races in the row...wherever they were. Conspicuously absent.

The P330's I was supposed to see didn't fancy racing me in my F40 then. Cowards.:P

I agree but it should also be equally loud when they are directly parallel with your car in third person which is how it was before the update.
Been driving a couple of laps in the Ek9 on Tsukuba and I can definately hear a difference before and after patch and well I like that the engine tone is muffled abit when your car is in front but seeing a couple of best motoring videos to judge my claim of it being a bit more realistic, I 100% agree with your statement that it needs to be equally if not (a bit more than it is now) loud when the cars are parallel in third person.

The Mercedes-Benz SLR no longer has a shifting animation, but there’s still the click sound effect from the shifters. Odd.

I’m not sure if this was changed in this version though.

The Mercedes-Benz SLR no longer has a shifting animation, but there’s still the click sound effect from the shifters. Odd.

I’m not sure if this was changed in this version though.
Undoubtedly it's since this update.
It may be a glitch, but I don't hope that it's intentional change.
It has shifting buttons on the back of the steering wheel, but now it doesn't work, too.

Edit:
I was a stupid kid, it's a correct treatment...
SLR has 3 shifting modes; Comfort, Manual and Sport.
It's set on "Sport" in this game, so it was incorrect that the driver used the shifting bottuns, because those buttons can be operated only in "Manual" mode.

Edit 2:
I was... no, I'm really stupid.
The driver doesn't shift since 1.40.
I'd seen a video about the transmission change from MotoGamesTV, but I haven't noticed that until now...
EBmL3ITVAAAZKS8

Last edited:
Tire squeezing sound definitely a lot louder, but its very weird, it feels you have a car in your back all the time and feels like the wheels are of this car behind. Not sure if its an improvement this....

Just got back from holiday and this is the first thing i noticed. Kept thinking there was someone right behind be going around corners and wondered why they weren't showing on the radar! Will take some getting used to.

I’m surprised nobody seems to have mentioned this or talked about it at all but I’m pretty sure that the AI F1 GTR has been banished to the Shadow Realm except for SSRX. I haven’t been able to roll it in any Gr.3 Arcade Mode races except ones at ovals.

This makes it the second car that’s impossible for the AI to obtain on road courses in that class along with the M3 GT.

Really confusing as to why this is. Really there is no good explanation, it just is.

I’m surprised nobody seems to have mentioned this or talked about it at all but I’m pretty sure that the AI F1 GTR has been banished to the Shadow Realm except for SSRX. I haven’t been able to roll it in any Gr.3 Arcade Mode races except ones at ovals.

This makes it the second car that’s impossible for the AI to obtain on road courses in that class along with the M3 GT.

Really confusing as to why this is. Really there is no good explanation, it just is.
I just saw an F1 GTR in Sarthe, during a custom race.

...Am I misunderstanding something?

While watching a replay of a GT League race I noticed an AI-opponent car flashing its headlights as I was overtaking it. I have never seen the AI doing this before, but maybe it's old news?
:)
Revisited GT League road car races and found multiple AI flashing their lights.
I'm thinking it's due to being too close or aggressive in passing.

The 86 flashes in the braking zone. Maybe I was too aggressive crossing in front. An RX-7 is getting squeezed to the edge of track by another AI. Then, the Atenza seems to just flash, I guess to let me know its there.

Back