GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.29/1.30)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 192 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
GT Sport Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For each update released, there lies the potential for changes undocumented in the initial patch notes. Please report any Undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible.

2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.

3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are disgusted here

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs&Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png

Documented Changes

Main Features Implemented

1. New Cars

- The following 9 cars have been added:

・Ferrari GTO ’84
  ・Honda EPSON NSX ’08

・Jaguar E-type Coupé ’61
  ・Lexus PETRONAS TOM’S SC430 ’08
  ・Maserati GranTurismo S ’08
  ・MINI Cooper S ’05

・Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R ’08
  ・Pagani Zonda R ’09
  ・Subaru Impreza 22B-STi Version ’98

2. Track

- The "Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix Layout" track is now available.

3. Campaign Mode

- The following events are now part of "GT League":

・Beginner League “MINI Challenge”
  ・Professional League “X2014 Nations Cup”
  ・"Group 4 Cup" Rounds 4 & 5
  ・" Boxer Spirit" Rounds 4 & 5
  ・"All Japan GT Car Championships" Rounds 4 & 5

・"Porsche Cup" Round 4

- "Fuji Speedway" has been added to the "Circuit Experience".

4. Scapes

- "Autumn Leaves" joins the special featured section

5. Brand Central
 - "Maserati" and "Pagani" have been added.

6. Controller
 - The rev LED, gear position and speed are now part of the Thrustmaster® BT LED Display.

7. Car Settings
 - Transmission part names and detailed descriptions are now available. (For more information, please refer to the “Car Settings Options” page of the Online Manual, under the “Transmission selection” section.)

8. Sport Mode & Lobby
 - The Shortcut Penalties judgement algorithm has been updated:
  ・Shortcut Penalties were originally assessed as soon as the car returned to the track. They will now be performed a short time after the car returns to the track.
  ・Also, a Shortcut Penalty will not be applied if the car returns to the track in an unstable state after a shortcut, or when the driver intentionally decelerates after returning to the track.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- We remedied an issue with the "Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3" where the position of the canard wing on the left front fender and the rear view while in the cockpit view mode were not accurate.

- The engine sound of the "Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard ’14" has been altered.

- We have updated the names for "Fuji International Speedway" (formerly "Fuji Speedway F") and "Fuji International Speedway (Short)" (formerly "Fuji Speedway GT").

- We fixed an issue in GT League where opponent cars were not being refueled in the "GT League Endurance" races.

- Various other issues have been addressed.

Undocumented Changes

- The "Select Layout" menu now has the circuit logo on the lower left corner
 - The Livery Editor Menu now features slight UI change as well as a bar to display how much available space there is for designs.

- The "Layer Options" in Livery Editor now has a new "Flip Horizontally and Duplicate" Button.
 - A bug that would cause achievements not to work properly even if the requirement was met has been fixed.
 - "Replace Decal" has been added in layers of Livery Editor. Highlight the logo you wish to replace, press triangle and select it to choose the desired logo you wish to use as the replacement.
 - Rolling Starts in Lobbies have been fixed.
 - Colors previously used in livery editor are now actually saved even after exiting the game.
 - The character limit for the title of Online Lobbies has now been extended to 62.

Last edited:
Post has been updated with the proper official patch notes AND some of the first undocumented changes.

Has the g29 wheel sensitivitys been changed? My wheel is now real heavy in feeling
Edit:cancel that restarted it back to normal.

Last edited:
Can anyone check if you can chose tyre wear above x9 in custom race now? And can you apply FIA track limits to online lobby?

Actually, "Flip Horizontally and Duplicate" is a new and completely different button from "Flip Horizontally" and "Duplicate"

Ahh, my bad, didn't notice the quotation marks and thought he was talking about the seperate buttons.

This is a small, yet welcome addition! :)

There is now a "flip horizontally and duplicate" option for decals, which will probably be a huge help to using custom decals with lettering.

There is now a "flip horizontally and duplicate" option for decals, which will probably be a huge help to using custom decals with lettering.

Already covered that.

I only tried the "flip horizontally and duplicate" option once (so maybe I'm just wrong), but it didn't seem to do the flip horizontally part. :lol: Might try it again in a few hours unless somebody else does it.

Another thing that I've noticed, although this is more of a personal issue. I switched consoles quite frequently, which apparently caused some save game issues (I once almost had all of my Daily Mileage spins again - of course this also meant losing the cars I already won). One of those bugs was related to the achievements, the one for "Play Time" was stuck on 98 hours. I know this because I'm now well above that number on the "Time Driven" achievement (something around 180 at the moment? The site unfortunately doesn't show the exact number). While it hasn't counted the hours up until now, it seems to have begun counting again with this update. Quite the pleasant surprise when I saw that I finally received the Level 3 award for "Play Time". :)
One way to write it down in the OP could be: "- Bugged achievements that didn't function properly due to save game issues (e. g. "Play Time") are now fixed."

Regarding the fuel topping up in "timed" enduros, does it extend to single player mode too? I did a 40 minute race last night and noticed they were doing the old 1 litre a time thing.... :confused: :lol:

Back