GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.29/1.30)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 192 comments
I wonder why people like go to around spreading misinformation like that, what do they get from it besides bed rep?
I don't know exactly what misinformation you are talking about , but if it's on the throttle changes feeling , i can tell you that it is totally possible to feel something apparently different , mostly if you drive a different car that you drive the day before , if this car forgive some inputs mistakes and above all riding the hype of a new update. This happen to me several times.
The last car i've driven yesterday is the NSX GR2 on suzuka during 50 or 60 laps , this car is very sensible to throttle inputs on suzuka. It's also the first car i drove it this morning and no way , same sensations and difficulties at the same point of the circuit..... ;)👍

I don't know exactly what misinformation you are talking about , but if it's on the throttle changes feeling , i can tell you that it is totally possible to feel something apparently different , mostly if you drive a different car that you drive the day before , if this car forgive some inputs mistakes and above all riding the hype of a new update. This happen to me several times.
The last car i've driven yesterday is the NSX GR2 on suzuka during 50 or 60 laps , this car is very sensible to throttle inputs on suzuka. It's also the first car i drove it this morning and no way , same sensations and difficulties at the same point of the circuit..... ;)👍

Happens very easily when changing between arcade, online and sport. Stock, tuned, bop. Between tyre compounds etc. Same car / track can feel VERY different in GT Sport depending how you are playing.

Once again - why so slippery and understeery setups in bop Polyphony? (just felt like a place for this opinion.. :lol:👍)

I tend to test physics in sportmode, qualification, racing hard and gr3.. Seems to have the least amount of variables and most playtime in my case.

I wonder why people like go to around spreading misinformation like that, what do they get from it besides bed rep?

Because a sizable chunk of the the "non-linear throttle" community are just poor players who need a scapegoat as to why they can't manage throttle control.

These same poor players can't even tell the damn difference between non-linear or not

For the record, backfires are a result of a poorly running car, usually a result of a misfire. Flames are caused by over run/surplus fuel.

It's a pet peeve to keep reading "backfire" when people mean "over-run"..... and I couldn't give a rats about that anyway. Never looked great in GT.

As you were :gtpflag:

Because a sizable chunk of the the "non-linear throttle" community are just poor players who need a scapegoat as to why they can't manage throttle control.

These same poor players can't even tell the damn difference between non-linear or not

It's easier than you think to fall for the placebo effect.
GT is the whole reason i game, i have 1800hrs on GT Sport and am A+ DR and I too used to think i would be able to tell instantly and easily any change but just before the real tyre model update i was convinced it had been added.

I think a lot of it was excitement though, just trying one car for a few corners and wanting to be the first to tell everyone on here lol

I'm thinking AI have improved. Still running Custom Races, but did Gr.3 at Catalunya in the Mustang. BOP On, 2 laps tyre/Fuel Wear set at 1x, Boost Off, Damage Heavy, no Penalties, Started 20th, Grid Start. I only got up to 18th. AI didn't brake check the whole race. They were quick through T1 and even through the final chicane. Could be just that track, but i'll keep trying with other tracks.

Two things I think I noticed in a quick go last night was that AI did seem more aggressive, not rough but would push into gaps more. I also felt the throttle didn't fluctuate on full throttle with TC off. More breaking into wheelspin smoothly. Further investigation required.

I'm thinking AI have improved. Still running Custom Races, but did Gr.3 at Catalunya in the Mustang. BOP On, 2 laps tyre/Fuel Wear set at 1x, Boost Off, Damage Heavy, no Penalties, Started 20th, Grid Start. I only got up to 18th. AI didn't brake check the whole race. They were quick through T1 and even through the final chicane. Could be just that track, but i'll keep trying with other tracks.

Wait, you can do BOP on on arcade mode races? Is that a new thing? Haven't seen that before

While I concede the throttle might not be completely linear, while driving the '08 NSX I noted that I wasn't getting to full throttle at the same point as I was before and there was now some more play in the upper half. I jumped into the Gr.3 Sport race with the NSX(the car I've driven the most) and it was much easier to drive than I could remember it ever being.

Probably not linear, but there is definitely a change.

edit-
Had another go right now and it still is non-linear. The curve is much smoother now, though. The jump from half to full isn't like an on/off switch anymore.

Last edited:
When I was on the main race screen last night there seemed to be a new remix version of the normal song that plays there. Well it was new to me at least.

They changed the throttle! They finally changed the throttle! I'm so happy! :cheers:

Same throttle behaviors in my opinion, no changes.

What makes you think this? Its not true, sadly... No changes

Two things I think I noticed in a quick go last night was that AI did seem more aggressive, not rough but would push into gaps more. I also felt the throttle didn't fluctuate on full throttle with TC off. More breaking into wheelspin smoothly. Further investigation required.

After a bit of testing - either its placebo, my pause from driving or something has changed. Not the accelerator, but grip feels more "rubbery". Loosing and gaining grip and drivin just "over the edge" feels more natural.

After a bit of testing - either its placebo, my pause from driving or something has changed. Not the accelerator, but grip feels more "rubbery". Loosing and gaining grip and drivin just "over the edge" feels more natural.
I am going to agree with this. I have been driving the Viper around Interlagos since Monday (had the day off, so lots of laps) and went to race again today and it seems to hook up more in the rear end. And when I do go over the edge I can still have somewhat control.

I am going to agree with this. I have been driving the Viper around Interlagos since Monday (had the day off, so lots of laps) and went to race again today and it seems to hook up more in the rear end. And when I do go over the edge I can still have somewhat control.

Exactly - its now naturaly losing, regaining and again losing grip where it used to lose grip completely before and started ice-skating. Same with oversteer and understeer. Can now end oversteer more easily.. :odd:

:cheers: If so..

Edit. It feels now possible to transit between oversteer and understeer more easily. Back and forth..

I feel as though tyre temps have been implemented into the game, but I lack conclusive evidence to say that it is simulated. However when I drove the Zonda R on Catalunya, the car intially had a lot of understeer, but the more I drove, the easier it was to turn. Now I don't know if that's just learning the track, or getting used to the lack of grip after driving the Mercedes F1 car.

Uhhhhhhh evidence pretty please? This is some potentially game changing news.
It's still not linear, but I notice a lot more play in the upper half of the throttle range. Other's aren't convinced, but I speak of my observations watching the throttle bar compared to before. That and my Gr.3 NSX drives completely differently.

The new RB X2014 Standard sound is much better compared to before. Still not as good as GT6 though.

The AI in that race however, dear god. They have no spatial awareness whatsoever. Tried to race clean but got PIT maneuvered on the straight! Needless to say I won't be using it for grinding credits. The La Sarthe race is still the most profitable and most consistent.

Uhhhhhhh evidence pretty please? This is some potentially game changing news.

It's still not linear, but I notice a lot more play in the upper half of the throttle range. Other's aren't convinced, but I speak of my observations watching the throttle bar compared to before. That and my Gr.3 NSX drives completely differently.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/new-tire-model-vs-gt6s.380604/

Posted some videos and thoughts here, to not make this thread more of a discussion thread. I dont see difference in accelerator, but grip i think is very different even in gravel..

Sorry for double post, but editing went bonkers..

And sorry for misunderstanding - thought this thread is not for discussion, but it was just in case of DOCUMENTED changes. :embarrassed:

Here goes

Random two (not very fast) laps for reference. I think the car looks and feels a lot more natural. Its not sliding all the time as before. More predictable also.. Some accidental drifting on kerb i wouldnt have dreamed of surviving before.

And call me crazy, but on gravel i now actually feel like im driving the car instead of ice skating. Grippy gravel in Gran Turismo... Whaaaat.

What is this witchcraft..

Maybe ive been proberly placeboed. :lol:

Or then theres some changes for the ffb/feel of the T-GT. Using T-GT without the extra rumble feedback.

Last edited:
One thing i dont understand is that PD answered alot of things the comunnity asked. About the mirror on other views and stuff like that, but they never answered anything about the throtle. WHY??

Because nobody every reports it anywhere that the developers actually look at? It isn't complicated.

Most race cars and street cars don't have a linear throttle anyway. The non-linear throttle hasn't ever really been an issue. The initial tire model made things a bit difficult but all of that has been fixed.

I just watched probably the worst example of a rolling start ever in one of TheKie25's sport races. Skip to 11 minutes for the race start to see what I mean.:lol:

I've never seen it do that before.

Hahaha omg. I had some REALLY strange behavior on Suzuka last night as well in the Sport race. Almost the entire race a car was sliding violently around the last chicane, and suddenly near the end of the race he was in first place. Seemed like a server issue or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because nobody every reports it anywhere that the developers actually look at? It isn't complicated.

Can't like this post enough. Seriously, its like no one is aware that maybe this would help.

Sorry for double post, but editing went bonkers..

And sorry for misunderstanding - thought this thread is not for discussion, but it was just in case of DOCUMENTED changes. :embarrassed:

Here goes

Random two (not very fast) laps for reference. I think the car looks and feels a lot more natural. Its not sliding all the time as before. More predictable also.. Some accidental drifting on kerb i wouldnt have dreamed of surviving before.

And call me crazy, but on gravel i now actually feel like im driving the car instead of ice skating. Grippy gravel in Gran Turismo... Whaaaat.

What is this witchcraft..

Maybe ive been proberly placeboed. :lol:

Or then theres some changes for the ffb/feel of the T-GT. Using T-GT without the extra rumble feedback.

Driving feel regarding that sort of change tends to be a tricky one as its not as easy to verify or really confirm like the other things covered so far, many times due to the Placebo effect (something even I tend to forget is a thing) so not everyone's experience tends to line up. I think this would be more something for the physics thread then here just purely based on that as its something that's much more difficult to confirm with videos or anything else. Just my suggestion though for the sake of simplicity.

Also, this is more for changes not covered in patch notes (Hence, "Undocumented Change Thread"). Don't mind the discussion if its in regard to said undocumented changes, just as long as its not consistant complaining or moaning about things not fixed (like the "Backfire" issue that for some reason keeps finding its way here despite it never being a "Undocumented change")

Is the timed races being broken bug fixed now? Also the chase camera change...

Can't like this post enough. Seriously, its like no one is aware that maybe this would help
Not sure why you think it hasn't been reported elsewhere, or that PD don't look in these forums for that matter. https://community.eu.playstation.co...-in-GT-Sport-Why/td-p/25664237#thread-replies
There have even been PD devs start threads in that forum ;).

Back