GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.29/1.30)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 192 comments
Not sure if it's new with this update as I just started playing shortly before the current update after a 4 months pause:

It is not possible anymore to set fuel depletion in a custom race on the Nordschleife to a value that doesn't allow the AI to finish a lap normally (was a grinding method). Max. fuel depletion is 2x and tire wear 3x on both tourist and 24h layout.

Please dont play online if your ping is higher than 150ms. It sucks for everyone!

:yuck:
So because of the distance for many of us to the PD servers we shouldn't play in the online tournaments? :irked:

I have never seen anyone from Australia with more than 3 yellow bars and nearly every Japanese player has 5 green, so because I happen to live in South Australia and my ping is never under 170 I should just not enter?

:banghead:

May not be new but now you can check the pings of opponent players in FIA races. When you're in the menu, select a player, press triangle and the little pop menu will have an additional option to select.

I saw this shocker in my race last night

v71s56W.jpg

:ill:

Oof. That's..worrysome...

In daily races, you get a message that says
"00:59 seconds before warm up begins" it should say final.

So because of the distance for many of us to the PD servers we shouldn't play in the online tournaments? :irked:

I have never seen anyone from Australia with more than 3 yellow bars and nearly every Japanese player has 5 green, so because I happen to live in South Australia and my ping is never under 170 I should just not enter?

:banghead:
The ping in question was over 450. That's either playing from the other side of the globe or using all bandwidth for 24 tabs of youtube videos.

Honestly the game should probably limit entry, at least for FIA races, if the connection is absolutely terrible. Over 300ms is not fun for anyone involved.

The ping in question was over 450. That's either playing from the other side of the globe or using all bandwidth for 24 tabs of youtube videos.

Honestly the game should probably limit entry, at least for FIA races, if the connection is absolutely terrible. Over 300ms is not fun for anyone involved.
No it wasn't, This is what I was replying to ''Please dont play online if your ping is higher than 150ms. It sucks for everyone!

:yuck:''

Check my post again.

Thanks to Abbott and Turnbull for making a wealthy western nation have the internet of the 3rd world.

I think NZ gets more bars.

I noticed in Arcade custom races that a timing problem seems to have been fixed.

The problem previously occurred with standing starts on the second lap, when the display for difference to fastest lap at intermediate sectors gave you nonsense like “99:58”.

The display is now accurate.

Your distance of the server don't really matter. The Ping is. The smaller the better.

Sure there's likely to have higher ping if you go farther but it's not always like that.

You might also consider Packet Loss And Jitter! These are not normally measured but can have an impact.

I have problem with throttle and brakes on dualshock (l2/r2)
with normal press to the full I can reach now like 75% of power, not more (previously full)
to reach full now I need almost break the button

I have problem with throttle and brakes on dualshock (l2/r2)
with normal press to the full I can reach now like 75% of power, not more (previously full)
to reach full now I need almost break the button

Do you have a first-gen DS4? There was a common problem with the R2 trigger breaking on them, and broke in a way very similar to what you're describing.

Do you have a first-gen DS4? There was a common problem with the R2 trigger breaking on them, and broke in a way very similar to what you're describing.
my problem isn't only with throttle, same happen with brakes
day before the update everything worked well
and what is probability of spoiling both separated buttons in the same way at once
that is impossible tbh
I'm not use that gamepad too often because I have G29 but sometimes I want complete daily reward on controller when I'm laying in my bed and now I can't
all works fine in other games

and my controller is probably second-gen (that with better analogs, but without light on touchpad - this is third-gen, right?)

Last edited:
Your distance of the server don't really matter. The Ping is. The smaller the better.

Sure there's likely to have higher ping if you go farther but it's not always like that.
But that is what ping measures... the time it takes for the information to get to the server and back, so yes distance matters. If the server is close then the quality (packet loss) may be more of a issue, but for us in Australia it's the distance mainly.

Last edited:
Gives me just enough room to fit the series name and time, GRMN ONLY, and a tinyurl link to the thread 👍

How you feel about joining rooms when you have an unacceptable ping rather depends on how you feel when OTHER people with unacceptable pings ruin YOUR races with noticeable lag.

It was a common occurrence in GT6's lobby system. And sometimes just leaving and coming back in cleared it up. And sometimes it didn't.

But the pretty much widely accepted way of dealing with it was to ask, then insist (if ignored) then kick out the lagger.

I see no difference now. If your ping is insufficient to plant you in one place and one place only on track for a race, you should not be mucking it up for others. Just as they should not be mucking it up for you...

How you feel about joining rooms when you have an unacceptable ping rather depends on how you feel when OTHER people with unacceptable pings ruin YOUR races with noticeable lag.

It was a common occurrence in GT6's lobby system. And sometimes just leaving and coming back in cleared it up. And sometimes it didn't.

But the pretty much widely accepted way of dealing with it was to ask, then insist (if ignored) then kick out the lagger.

I see no difference now. If your ping is insufficient to plant you in one place and one place only on track for a race, you should not be mucking it up for others. Just as they should not be mucking it up for you...
Ok?

And this has what to do with "Undocumented changes" exactly?

Back