GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.62 , 1.63,1.64 and 1.65)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 55 comments
Super Formula's Brand Central now has a video section, containing "digests" (highlights) of 2019 SF races.

Last edited:
I believe PD did a hot fix after the Nation's race. I can no longer get the tyre branding in my cars after doing Free Practices.

I had edited my GR.4 Manu livery and knew the tyre branding would delete. Jumped in the Free Practice for next week to get the branding reapplied. No luck.
Jumped in the Nation's Free Practice to apply tyre branding to both the WRX and Evo(I made a Michelin sticker livery for the Evo). No luck after multiple tries.

For some reason, the GR Yaris Nations, was the last time to apply tyre branding.

There are also a lot of brands missing in from the manufacturers decals. It used to 3 categories, now only 1 A-Z with a lot less decals then before. I don't know when this happened but maybe since last maintenance. Hope it's not a sign of ...

Last edited:
He probably was. But what's the actual point of this? Looks so random and weird.

Basically, licensing agreements. Ferrari is extremely picky when it comes to that so the brands that show up when painting on one is down to them being the ones Ferrari allowed to be put on their car (which is if you notice, basically the brands they already have as partners in real life). If you want to put any brand that isn't Ferrari approved, you'll either have to save some in favorites (as I did when I slapped a TRD logo on one just for the lulz) or use custom decals.

Thread has been updated to allow people to post whatever undocumented changes to be put in there. Remember the rules from the OP and follow them as usual.

In 1.63 update

I have Noticed , When you boot into GT sport , The copyright has bin upgrade to 2021.

Last edited:
Thread updated once again to reflect the tiny change of the latest update. Depending on future updates, might be the last one as its looking more and more clear that there won't be anymore content for this game.

Last edited:
Thread updated once again to reflect the tiny update of the latest update. Depending on future updates, might be the last one as its looking more and more clear that there won't be anymore content for this game.
..forgotten the promised Jag for 2021? There they certainly had known already the situation

Last edited:
Bug or glitch: after 1.64 they fixed the yellow flags but now the blue flags come on for no reason, it happy last night a few time in my lobby race and I had no cars behind me

Was watching a stream last night and the reason for a penalty being given was

"Causing another car to spin"

I had never seen that before as a reason. Only seen

"Forcing another car of track"
"Causing a collision"

An actual specific penalty for causing someone to loose control? That's quite a hidden gem 👍

Bug or glitch: after 1.64 they fixed the yellow flags but now the blue flags come on for no reason, it happy last night a few time in my lobby race and I had no cars behind me

That would belong here

"Causing a collision"
Huh, was that streamer American? If so, I've also never seen that before. I know British English uses different phrasing for certain things.

Huh, was that streamer American? If so, I've also never seen that before. I know British English uses different phrasing for certain things.
I saw it too. PXCam I believe. I doubt GTS uses 2 versions of English though I could be wrong. I'd have thought the only differences between a Brit using it and an American is the measurement settings (apart from MPH).

"Causing a collision"
I can confirm that I have seen this quite some time already before update 1.64 rolled out.

Last time I saw this was during the Fuji race couple of weeks ago with the porsches but it also happened way before that during a race at Miyabi with the Honda Fit, Mazda Demio and Suzuki Swift one from a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
I saw it too. PXCam I believe. I doubt GTS uses 2 versions of English though I could be wrong. I'd have thought the only differences between a Brit using it and an American is the measurement settings (apart from MPH).
In my version, yellow flags say "No overtaking" and in Super GT's (British streamer) streams for example, they say "Overtaking is forbidden". Uhhhh that's the only example I have off the top of my head.

It's true, GTS does in fact have two different English translations for NA/everywhere else! At least I think that's the dividing line. Aus/NZ/UK definitely all use the "British English" one.

Was watching a stream from PX7-Grove's alt account(based off Malta) and the chat messages were different too.

Back