GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.53/1.55)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 100 comments
You mean the Green Dildos of Death? They do still have collision detection but they now just wobble (or vibrate :nervous:) instead of detaching from the floor.

That's accurate, they do this in real life, but they don't survive the full 24hrs...

upload_2019-12-22_14-52-48.png

I feel that the game has got a Graphical update, I am playing on a PS4 pro with Settings at 4k, I feel it look better and the replays feel that there running at 60fps now in 4k

Prior to this update, there was a bug in the timing system in the HUD. There were times that you would complete a sector and the spit would show on the pop up screen, but it would not be shown in the HUD timing.

It was a random issue, sometimes you would see S1 split recorded, and then you could go through S2 and S3 without them showing, and then at S4 they would all be populated.

I've noticed this issue for at least the last 2-3 months. It was not present at game launch, but has been an issue through a few updates now.

I did not observe the bug when running in Time Trial mode over the weekend, it looks to me like it's been corrected.

EDK
Prior to this update, there was a bug in the timing system in the HUD. There were times that you would complete a sector and the spit would show on the pop up screen, but it would not be shown in the HUD timing.

It was a random issue, sometimes you would see S1 split recorded, and then you could go through S2 and S3 without them showing, and then at S4 they would all be populated.

I've noticed this issue for at least the last 2-3 months. It was not present at game launch, but has been an issue through a few updates now.

I did not observe the bug when running in Time Trial mode over the weekend, it looks to me like it's been corrected.

So it wasn't just me that noticed that then.

So it wasn't just me that noticed that then.
I pointed it out to some of the WRS guys while in chats. They picked up on it after I mentioned.

Right now, I am saying "I think it's gone", but might be you want to validate yourself as well.

Has anyone noticed problems since the update?
No livery in user or collection?
Slow opening of livery editor & network drop out?

Started after update then seemed to have fix it self but now it's back with more problems?

Been having similar issues, glad it's not just me or my connection. Seems like their server is struggling one way or another, it'll be interesting to see if others also have the same issues and/or if a patch gets released for it.

Been having similar issues, glad it's not just me or my connection. Seems like their server is struggling one way or another, it'll be interesting to see if others also have the same issues and/or if a patch gets released for it.
There are a couple threads around, one in the GT Sport section and another in the Livery section about it.

Edit:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_4542814.html

Currently there has been a concentration of access to the Gran Turismo Sport servers which is making it difficult for users to connect.

Please wait while we work to restore the service.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience this is causing to our users.

Last edited:
There are a couple threads around, one in the GT Sport section and another in the Livery section about it.

Edit:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_4542814.html

Thank you, I haven't had the chance to see that message yet.

Man, for all that some of us complain about PD, you gotta give them credit for having fantastic end user support and how quickly they jump on some issues, especially ones that impact regular gameplay. They aren't perfect, I know, but credit where it's due!

It looks like that the "Automatic Centering"-Function of the steering wheel (Thrustmaster T100 in my case) now changes from "On" to "Off", as soon the race starts. That wasn't the case before!
That is a problem for me, because the T100 begins to flip and spin around like crazy. Yeeaah, I know it is not officially supported, but it worked alle the time, till now correctly in "Automatic Centering On" mode with GT Sport. Now, I can't use the T100 any more with GT Sport any more :-(

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed problems since the update?
No livery in user or collection?
Slow opening of livery editor & network drop out?

Started after update then seemed to have fix it self but now it's back with more problems?

Seems less like an update issue and more like a server issue. Livery Editor (Decals and all) are working for me.

It looks like that the "Automatic Centering"-Function of the steering wheel (Thrustmaster T100 in my case) now changes from "On" to "Off", as soon the race starts. That wasn't the case before!
That is a problem for me, because the T100 begins to flip and spin around like crazy. Yeeaah, I know it is not officially supported, but it worked alle the time, till now correctly in "Automatic Centering On" mode with GT Sport. Now, I can't use the T100 any more with GT Sport any more :-(

Is this a Thrustmaster only function or is this for wheels in general?

I'll be the first to say it...

...dynamic weather options in a future update?
Nope. It's not going to happen as the hardware cannot do it without significant lag and frame drops. If you want to sample the wet weather, Spa, Tokyo Expressway and the Red Bull Ring all have wet conditions.

Nope. It's not going to happen as the hardware cannot do it without significant lag and frame drops. If you want to sample the wet weather, Spa, Tokyo Expressway and the Red Bull Ring all have wet conditions.

Well technically all the tracks do thanks to the exposure from that Rain glitch that was there many updates ago (And yes, that includes the ovals and BB Raceway) but only the ones you listed have visual textures that reflect it.

I noticed the other day in a custom race (offline) that 1:00 penalties were being given out for "colliding with a car" and I didn't even turn on penalties, other than short cuts. I run custom races often and never saw that before this update. Hell, even when I had penalties for collisions on, more often than not, nobody would get a penalty. But now you get a penalty (even with it off) if you tap a car and pass.

I noticed the other day in a custom race (offline) that 1:00 penalties were being given out for "colliding with a car" and I didn't even turn on penalties, other than short cuts.

I just tried this at Miyabi. With the shortcut penalty set to strong, I get a penalty for short cuts and collisions. With collision set to strict, I get no penalties for collisions nor for short cuts. This must be a bug, and not an undocumented change.

These kinds of things have irritated me since GT6. Every update comes with unintended consequences.

This feels like one of those scenarios where somebody points out they've been there for ages, but when did these flyboys turn up? They always used to be jets right? Actually noticed them on the FIA Christmas Day races but screenshots from today at Laguna Seca.

20191228223750.jpg
20191228223801.jpg

This feels like one of those scenarios where somebody points out they've been there for ages, but when did these flyboys turn up? They always used to be jets right? Actually noticed them on the FIA Christmas Day races but screenshots from today at Laguna Seca.

View attachment 877096 View attachment 877097

All the real tracks (Except for Fuji and Suzuka if I'm not mistaken) have flyovers, some have jets and some have Turboprops. Red Bull Ring in Particular has Turboprops (which kinda makes sense if you've seen Hangar 7)

View attachment 877096 View attachment 877097
Wow, there're planes over Laguna Seca?
I'll take a picture of them and add in my planes collection.
(I would have been happy if they were F-16s flied by Thunderbirds...)

And there're none-jet planes also over Spa, Aermacchi SF260 flied by Red Devils.
All the real tracks (Except for Fuji and Suzuka if I'm not mistaken) have flyovers, some have jets and some have Turboprops. Red Bull Ring in Particular has Turboprops (which kinda makes sense if you've seen Hangar 7)
Sadly there're no longer planes over Red Bull Ring... at least in GT League.

Back