GT Sport Update 1.45 Now Available

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 365 comments
I always assumed Spa was paid for by Michelin and would therefor come out with "their" update.

But since that is obviously not the case I do wonder what the holdup is - turns out this is the Michelin update (way less fanfare than I expected)

It´s obviously not following the pattern of being shown at an event and coming out soon after.

Is the old obstacle (licencing fee) is actually still there and is Spa making it to GT Sport is not a given?
Given some obvious unfinished parts of Spa in even the most recent stream - such as the gantry lights staying on red the entire race, rather than going green like on every other track - it's likely it's just not quite ready yet. I'd guess PD just shoved it into the stream because it was playable and the licence was sorted.

This is not the Michelin content update I think. Kaz said we will start seeing Michelin content from October.

The update does add all the below Michelin content.

3. Michelin
 - The collaboration between Gran Turismo Sport and Michelin has brought new features to the game. In addition to the Michelin logos appearing on billboards in certain tracks, the following have been added:

・Brand Central
  - Added Michelin to the Partners section of the Top Screen.
 ・Car Settings
  - Michelin will now appear as the tyre technology partner in the tyre section of the car settings.
 ・Sport Mode
  - Michelin will now appear as the official tyre supplier of the FIA Gran Turismo Championships.
 ・Race Results
  - Michelin will now appear as an official partner in the result screen of the online races.

4. Museum
 - Added “Michelin” to the Museum section.

Can you guys confirm if you find that on the Tokyo wet there is much more grip than RBR wet ?

To me it seems way easier on the Tokyo stages

I tried a lobby, with traction set to real etc

At least there's a BoP change this time. And they did nerf Toyota in gr.3.

Gr.3 Class
・Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 104% > 105%]
・Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 '12 [Power Ratio : 112% > 111%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 106% > 105%]
・Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car [Power Ratio : 90% > 89%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 114% > 113%]
・Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept '18 [Power Ratio : 96% > 95%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 105% > 104%].

Also fuel changed for gr.3 and gr.4.

Given some obvious unfinished parts of Spa in even the most recent stream - such as the gantry lights staying on red the entire race, rather than going green like on every other track - it's likely it's just not quite ready yet. I'd guess PD just shoved it into the stream because it was playable and the licence was sorted.

Ah. Makes sense.

Bonnet buldge unpaintable I'm fine with that.
EFYBw77UcAAQW48

What about a Decal on-top in the Other section?

Tokyo at night in the rain looks visually stunning, the reflections of the flashing lights of the glistening road are simply sublime. Also there is definitely lower grip to contend with. The Camaro sounds delicious once you have selected the car for the track you are on. This one will be a whole world of fun for you guys who have been hanging to try it out. Nice update as far as I am concerned PD, nice work!

Finally another classic Dodge! More circuits with rain is also nice as well. Sorry I don't have content for the new update yet, I have been really busy with college. I will try to have videos out within the next 18 hours.
To make up for not having videos soon after the update, given that I have decent pace at Tokyo Expressway Central Outer Loop i will do comparisons between dry and wet laps for various vehicles. Requests are welcome :gtpflag:.

I suppose there is no improved tire model, right?

Propably no, but i do have this never ending placebo effect after these updates. :lol:

Look at this gr3 'Stang fighting for grip as I tease it - especially after exiting gp circuit. I have to fight it to keep it FROM regaining grip.:odd: feels very rubbery to me. Its custom race with everything set to real and stock setup with RH. Might just be me used to crappy bop setups. Have to wait for bop on test.

Edit - looking from youtube it felt more rubbery than it looks. FFB effects..

Last edited:
Camaro is crazy with a Gr.4 Suspension and gearing. Awesome awesome car. The supercharger gives so much torque, even when detuned to 546hp. Has a little bit of rear down force, but the car sticks like glue with those massively wide tyres. If only it could drop another 100hp.
EFYN-fkVAAISOtI

EFYOFmnVUAUYWML

I left the Mustang stock(395hp/1400kg)
EFYOKQwU4AAe6NP

3. Michelin
 - The collaboration between Gran Turismo Sport and Michelin has brought new features to the game. In addition to the Michelin logos appearing on billboards in certain tracks, the following have been added:

・Brand Central
 ・Car Settings
  - Michelin will now appear as the tyre technology partner in the tyre section of the car settings.
 ・Sport Mode
  - Michelin will now appear as the official tyre supplier of the FIA Gran Turismo Championships.
 ・Race Results
  - Michelin will now appear as an official partner in the result screen of the online races.

4. Museum
Seem more a visual thing than actual tyre physic

I'm just gonna throw caution to the wind and say SPA will come on December 25th as PD Birthday Present! Yeah? No? Probably not. But.... you never know?
:gtpflag:

3. Michelin

・Brand Central
 ・Car Settings
 ・Sport Mode
 ・Race Results

4. Museum
This is definitely not THE content. This is text and pictures.

p78
On the Levin, you can reach the gold "LEVIN" logo and stripes from the rear spoiler.
Maybe this works in some kind of way on here too?
I posted above that a decal can be applied, but there's no paint option. No problem with solid colors, but if players want to match metallics, there's no option for metallic decals.

Seem more a visual thing than actual tyre physic

This is definitely not THE content. This is text and pictures.

Yeah I know. When PD announced the Michelin partnership https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3549576.html this was all the content that was announced as coming by October. The changes to the tyre model are all part of an ongoing collaboration which I am sure we will see the fruits of in tyre model updates in the future.

"Amateur League: Two new rounds added to the “Group 3 Cup"
Can you guys tell me what are these two races? I suppose one of them is Tokyo wet...

Rainy scapes and raindrops?? Awesome!

that Toyota now will be really the meta car! overall it benefited from that BOP.
Ford GT test car became an even less attractive car speed wise.
Also the Aston Martin was in the edge of being very usable, it has it's no tire wear combos, other than that the BOP also damaged it's usability.
Alfa Romeu Gr.3 deserved some power.

Back