GT Sport Update 1.45 Now Available

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 365 comments
Is it just me or does the new Ferrari have the wrong engine startup sound on the event loading screen? It has more of a small bore v8 rumble compared to the race sound. I could be wrong though.

When I found out the ZL1 1LE was coming, I immediately thought of Motor Trend Magazine, and decided I'd drive this car on the Streets of Willow - so I spent about 40 laps learning the track in the FR-S/NSX before the update. Was curious to see how I stacked up against Randy Pobst, and saw that they drove it on Big Willow... which does make a lot more sense for 650hp/tq :lol:.

Neverthless, had a blast on the 'Streets! This car is like a pet lion - friendly enough to hang out with, maybe venture in the cage under controlled circumstances, but would never fall asleep near it. Under all circumstances, the lion (ZL1 1LE) is making the conscience choice not to eat you alive, but if you think for a second, you can get away with pulling it's tail with force, you're dead!

VR Hotlap @ 2 mins:

Hmmm... I wonder if they'll surprise us by bringing night rain conditions?

Tokyo wouldn't have been my first choice to get the next wet treatment, but if we can race at night in the rain, I'd change my tune instantly 👍

Called it :D Enjoyed a night race in the rain with the FR-S last night - everyone's videos that I watched was sweet, but really didn't do any justice for seeing it in 4K in person. Amazing execution!

That Michelin logo above the tire selection looks like they just slapped a sticker over something else. Doesn't affect the game or anything. Just looks lazy compared to the details everywhere else.
Lazy? How should they do it differently?

On another note, has the Porsche 911 Turbo '81 LOD been "fixed"?

Doesn't affect the game or anything
No, not right now, but in the future, PD will use tire statistics from Michelin and improve tire physics in-game:

Michelin develops and tunes virtual tires on virtual vehicles before the tires are even produced, with extremely accurate translation to real tires on real vehicles. Combining this technology with real motorsports data will enable Polyphony to bring more tire strategy into the game.

Having Michelin, the world’s leading tire brand with its passion for motorsports and solid engineering knowledge coming on board as an official tire supplier of the championships and a technical partner of the game itself, helps us continue in our vision of bridging the gap between virtual and real racing, and highlights these events as the future of motorsports.”

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8605883.html

Last edited:
Lazy? How should they do it differently?

Just saying it looks like they slapped a sticker on it. And looks they like didn't spend much time on it (maybe because they didn't). Again, doesn't affect my game. Just something that stood out.

download.jpg

Just saying it looks like they slapped a sticker on it.
What more should they do? It's the Michelin logo and that is enough in my opinion, during pistops there is already Michelin logo on at least GT3 cars tires, probably on Gr. 1 Gr. 2 as well, more tracks will have Michelin advertising signs and there is Michelin entry in the Brand Central, what more do you need?

Unconvinced about the michelin thing.

More importantly though, Michelin will be working very closely with Polyphony Digital with the tyre physics in GT Sport. Using the wealth of data they have collected over the years. Meaning more accurate tyre models in the game.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/community/gt-sport.topic.html/michelin_announceda-zvqB/

We have to wait and see.

@IngRobNy Then at least the text should be the same size/font/colour as rest of the text in the menu. It just looks completely out of place for me.

Nah, PD wants to highlight this collaboration, (which is understandable), so the Michelin logo is more visible with the sticker and the text with that font.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that whenever there is something new added like this tyre partnership there are the people that write it off before it has even been implemented.

I get that some of these things have been done previously with varying degrees of success but I would have thought it would be prudent to await implementation first before passing judgement. Kind of a shoot first ask questions later mentality or the "great, something else to criticise" mindset.

As technology improves over time there is no reason what PD and Michelin are trying to achieve may very well come to fruition here. I always reserve my opinion on something new until I have seen in action and experienced it myself before deciding upon its validity.

The $30 goes purely to buying Spa LMAO! Honestly don't know why PD has so much more trouble with licenses than other companies with more better tracks. I think PD blew all its money securing a few big names like Bugatti, Suzuka, Mercedes, etc.
Who knows?

I think you've misunderstood the concept.
What concept? If you tune the gears you can easily get by the Cobra Daytona. Of course it can't go faster with the standard gears, but the way you put your post sounded as the though the Stingray racer couldn't keep up EVEN WITH the upgraded gearbox.

MMX
No trolling necessary. Spa has one gimick S turn going up a hill, the rest is run of the mill.
Haha that's literally the only thing interesting about the track. The rest of it doesn't offer a huge challenge. Yes, it's fast but not difficult.

Couldn't care less about Spa, or the lack there of. I want more proper race cars though. If that Camaro had been the GT4 car instead of the road car I'd have been content.
I am glad it was zl1. If it itcwould be gr,4 it would just be so slow and useless in My opinion

Tried the new cars yesterday exept for the Corvette.

1 dodge corenet superbee. Another Classic muscle car is not a bad thing. Can be tuned up to n700 pretty good range.

2 Ferrari 365 daytona, while i am not huge fan of that Ferrari, it handles great and pretty good straight line perfomence, i was pretty supriced it Only weights 1200 kg.

3 Chevrolet camaro zl1 1le package this car supriced me the most, never expected PD to add this. Its a beast even being a muscle car, it can hold against other supercars in the n700 Class catogory easily. Also great that it can be tuned to 1000 hp, can’t understand why some people complain that it can’t be tuned to n400.
Its never bad thing to be another n1000 car, if you don’t like it don’t take it up that high. But Considering how limited the tuning is, i am very supriced this could hit the n1000 catogory. We need more cars like this, there is shelby gt350r or gt500, and challenger hellcat that would be great.

And Tokyo expressway looks incrediable in the rain

I am glad it was zl1. If it itcwould be gr,4 it would just be so slow and useless in My opinion

Your opinion? The GT4 Camaro runs in IMSA out here and wins.
Maybe you're saying that in GTS Gr.4 fantasy land they would make it a pig? I mean if PD wants to fling around a Mazda Atenza with a Porsche GT4 Cayman, where's the logic in thinking a Camaro would automatically be too slow?

Your opinion? The GT4 Camaro runs in IMSA out here and wins.
Maybe you're saying that in GTS Gr.4 fantasy land they would make it a pig? I mean if PD wants to fling around a Mazda Atenza with a Porsche GT4 Cayman, where's the logic in thinking a Camaro would automatically be too slow?

What i meant is if it would be gr,4 camaro
It would still not add Much to the game to be honest. Camaro zl1 1le adds Much more varitity to the game, as they are no cars of this type in the game. The game need more of hardcore versions of american cars. They are Only base models mostly.
And you could easily rank that camaro as almost a supercar, even if its not, it can go head to head with most supercars in game even in its n700 class

I could honestly do without the old muscle cars. The super bee is just awful. I've driven one in real life and it's just as bad in game. Give us more racecars.. As for the Michelin thing. Maybe Michelin can help PD make a better grip model. Put comfort hard tires on anything and it's like driving on ice. For example. You can take a RWD like the Camaro 1le. Do a burnout up to 6th gear, let off the gas and the tires will continue to spin for several seconds. The traction model of certain tires is so unrealistic it is laughable.

Last edited:
Without muscle cars there wouldn't be many American cars in the game. They are required knowledge in the history of cars. Unfortunately they weren't known for their handling. :lol:

If you're younger you won't have context. But if you're old enough you'll remember that was how it was for decades. American cars had power for highways straights. European cars had better performance for tighter roads. And both believed they were building better cars.

Racing comes in many forms. For these American Muscle cars, they often added weight in the trunk to get better rear traction. Less thought went into the stopping and turning part. :scared:

I just find it contradicting on Kaz's part. I understand it's his game and he can add what he wants. But I just wish he would pay Abit more attention to what the people that paid for his game would like to see added. I'm pretty sure no one was asking for a stock super bee. It just has no place in this game in my opinion.. Now if they would've added a super bee Nascar, that would be a different story.

If competitive racing is the main focus in GT Sport give us RACE CARS. Not only for the competitive nature of it, but the immersion aspect as well. Kaz's fanboy attitude for certain brands/cars really gets in the way of this game being great.

I just find it contradicting on Kaz's part. I understand it's his game and he can add what he wants. But I just wish he would pay Abit more attention to what the people that paid for his game would like to see added. I'm pretty sure no one was asking for a stock super bee. It just has no place in this game in my opinion.. Now if they would've added a super bee Nascar, that would be a different story.

If competitive racing is the main focus in GT Sport give us RACE CARS. Not only for the competitive nature of it, but the immersion aspect as well. Kaz's fanboy attitude for certain brands/cars really gets in the way of this game being great.

I'm curious as to how the addition of the Super Bee is considered to be "fanboying" from Kaz...

I'm also under the impression that Kaz has a tendency to prioritize cars he has a certain degree of respect for. But to call him a fanboy is probably a stretch too far. :lol:

Back