GT Sport Update 1.45 Now Available

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 365 comments
I'm curious as to how the addition of the Super Bee is considered to be "fanboying" from Kaz...

Speaking on his fascination with old Muscle cars. They're completely irrelevant to this GT. Especially a bone stock super bee. As I said, a racecar super bee would have been different.

I'm also under the impression that Kaz has tendency to prioritize cars he has a certain degree of respect for. But to call him a fanboy is probably a stretch too far. :lol:

Look at nearly every Sema car. It's always some type of resto mod muscle car. He has and has had a fanboy boner for old American cars for a long time. And just American cars in general

Speaking on his fascination with old Muscle cars. They're completely irrelevant to this GT. Especially a bone stock super bee. As I said, a racecar super bee would have been different.

I've now seen two posts from you today where you argue a race car would have been better. Why would it, objectively speaking? Your opinion comes across biased based on your own preferences.

I'm not a huge classic muscle fan myself, but I can see why the Super Bee was added. It may not be one of the staples among American classics, but it's still a noteworthy moment in Dodge history. Fair enough if Kaz also likes it himself, because the car really isn't a total head-scratcher like the BMW i3, for example

I've now seen two posts from you today where you argue a race car would have been better. Why? Your opinion comes across biased based on your own preferences.

I'm not a huge classic muscle fan myself, but I can see why the Super Bee was added. It may not be one of the staples among American classics, but it's still a noteworthy moment in Dodge history. Fair enough if Kaz also likes it himself, because the car really isn't a total head-scratcher like the BMW i3, for example

Your argument would be fair had this GT not been advertised as a FIA branded competitive racing game with various series of racing. Go watch the announcement trailer and tell me what kind of impression you get from that. I certainly didn't watch that 2 years ago and suspect it would have a super bee in it.

Kaz is clearly prioritizing Japanese cars and tracks first. The Japanese cars and tracks are weak compared to many other tracks around Europe and the USA .

Look at nearly every Sema car. It's always some type of resto mod muscle car. He has and has had a fanboy boner for old American cars for a long time. And just American cars in general
I mean SEMA is an american show with an overwhelming majority of american cars present, its really no surprise that most of the SEMA winners have been classic american cars because those are the ones most often built for shows like these.

Its like expecting to see a lot of pro tourers and cadillacs at the tokyo motor show instead of japanese cars.

Besides I don't even know what the big deal is with muscle cars if we barely have any american cars anymore

Last edited:
I mean SEMA is an american show with an overwhelming majority of american cars present, its really no surprise that most of the SEMA winners have been classic american cars because those are the ones most often built for shows like these.

Its like expecting to see a lot of pro tourers and cadillacs at the tokyo motor show instead of japanese cars.

Besides I don't even know what the big deal is with muscle cars if we barely have any american cars anymore

Sema has more Japanese/European cars than American cars, it's been like that for awhile.

A racecar Super Bee would be even MORE irrelevant because it would just be thrown in Gr. X. Stock muscle cars have great relevance in the game because they are N class.

Sema has more Japanese/European cars than American cars, it's been like that for awhile.
However, more often than not american cars are the standout categories of the show that Kaz has to pick from, occasionally a different region car may win but is it really a surprise that an american car show would have a lot of american cars win their awards?

And again why is it such a big deal that they add the occasional muscle car here and there in a game that has a very tiny american car selection in comparison to the other regions (Europe and Asia)?

Last edited:
That, of the cars the player can buy and use to win this race, the StingRay Racer is slower than the Cobra Daytona.
Without the upgraded gearbox yes, it is slower. But when you do, it's really easy to get past them. How many times have I said that?

Completely irrelevant? Seriously? There is nothing wrong with having a Super Bee in this game.

Without the upgraded gearbox yes, it is slower. But when you do, it's really easy to get past them. How many times have I said that?
No, you're still not getting it.

You are, for some reason, talking about the AI cars. I made it very clear that the Corvette can win the race in the very first post you responded to, so it shouldn't be even fleetingly considered that I think the car is slower than some random AI car in the race; it can't be, or it wouldn't win...

It is however a slower option than the Cobra Daytona for the player to use to win the race, hence "of the cars the player can buy and use to win the race" in the post you just quoted. A player using the Cobra Daytona will win the race in less time than a player using the StingRay Racer Concept.

Both are slower options than the Ford and Ferrari. No, not the AI Ford and Ferrari.

No, you're still not getting it.

You are, for some reason, talking about the AI cars. I made it very clear that the Corvette can win the race in the very first post you responded to, so it shouldn't be even fleetingly considered that I think the car is slower than some random AI car in the race; it can't be, or it wouldn't win...

It is however a slower option than the Cobra Daytona for the player to use to win the race, hence "of the cars the player can buy and use to win the race" in the post you just quoted. A player using the Cobra Daytona will win the race in less time than a player using the StingRay Racer Concept.

Both are slower options than the Ford and Ferrari. No, not the AI Ford and Ferrari.
You never said anything about the player being faster in the Cobra until now. I was talking about the AI because it seemed as though you were talking about that. I was confused by what you said, it didn't make sense because if the car was slower than the Cobra, how can it win?

Have not read all the post in this thread - however seems odd that they would have chosen the superbee compared to all the other muscle cars of that error or even the past muscle cars that were in the game. It is certainly not in the top 50 of the most poplar muscle cars. Nothing wrong with it and it is good to have new models that have never been in the game before.

The main reason for the Super Bee was probably because of revived Charger. A smaller reason may be the Challenger from the Transformer movies.

Instead of thinking of them as the best cars in history, maybe think of them more as cars from the museum honoring modern day cars.

Your argument would be fair had this GT not been advertised as a FIA branded competitive racing game with various series of racing. Go watch the announcement trailer and tell me what kind of impression you get from that. I certainly didn't watch that 2 years ago and suspect it would have a super bee in it.

The vision for GTS probably changed when PD realized that their established player base wasn't adopting the new online multiplayer-focused formula to the extent they had hoped. The possible revision of the title was likely effectuated around the time when the old-school GT League was reserve-engineered into the campaign nearly two years ago. So whether you like the steady influx of road cars or not, and their varying degrees of perceived importance, these cars are most likely a necessity in bringing GT back on solid ground

Last edited:
The vision for GTS probably changed when PD realized that their established player base wasn't adopting the new online multiplayer-focused formula to the extent they had hoped. The possible revision of the title was likely effectuated around the time when the old-school GT League was reserve-engineered into the campaign nearly two years ago. So whether you like the steady influx of road cars or not, and their varying degrees of perceived importance, these cars are most likely a necessity in bringing GT back on solid ground
I concur.

Tokyo rain at night is gorgeous. Initially I was skeptical like many others of this track getting the rain treatment, but after driving it, I can honestly say that it completely transformed the character of the track. The wet/dry transitions due to the tunnels and underpasses makes the track surface feel alive unlike any other track in Gran Turismo history. People, if you wanna know how rain driving feels in Assetto Corsa Competizione with aquaplaning and standing water, and not just simple uniform grip reduction, this is the closest you're gonna get 👍 Also unlike RBR, the twilight setting isn't clear cut whether it's faster with wets/inters. Dawn is obviously inters and noon is full wets, but I'm getting mixed results testing twilight. I believe with Central wets if the way to go (because it's raining a lot harder), but with East inters is slightly better (because it's not raining as much and the long stretch of dry pavement in the tunnel overheating the wets potentially). I'm hoping Tokyo South gets the wet treatment soon, and I'm still waiting for West/North/Outer/Free Roam variants ;) Gosh I must be the only person who likes Tokyo here :lol:

Car wise, having more muscle cars are always welcome. Always fun to drive non competitively and looks good in photos. I wish they'd also add the Shelby GT350/GT500 so the ZL1 can have some competition. And the Stingray's price hike is annoying, but not the end of the world.

The wet scapes are also a welcome addition. From comparing the "featured" backgrounds and the same location but without rain, it doesn't seem like the background is changed and only raindrops are added to the car surface. Which begs the question why they can't just have a "rain filter" that can be applied to whatever background we choose?

Anyway, looking forward to next month's 2nd Anniversary update. *Spec II and Spa intensifies* ;)

Tokyo rain at night is gorgeous. Initially I was skeptical like many others of this track getting the rain treatment, but after driving it, I can honestly say that it completely transformed the character of the track. The wet/dry transitions due to the tunnels and underpasses makes the track surface feel alive unlike any other track in Gran Turismo history. People, if you wanna know how rain driving feels in Assetto Corsa Competizione with aquaplaning and standing water, and not just simple uniform grip reduction, this is the closest you're gonna get 👍

GT Sport is the most beautiful game on PS4, but Project Cars 2 released almost the same month as GT Sport in 2017 and already had rain for all the tracks, as well as weather that can change in the middle of the race along with night day cycles that change. Plus you actually have to follow the dry racing line. GT Sport is like giving drops of water to a man dying of thirst, while Project cars 2 players were never thirsty to being with.

Kaz is clearly prioritizing Japanese cars and tracks first. The Japanese cars and tracks are weak compared to many other tracks around Europe and the USA .
Speak for yourself, i honestly prefer overall japanese cars and tracks compared to american and european ones

Si
since Gran Turismo has born it has prioritized japanese brands....if you remember the first one the situation of non/japanese cars is ‘a little bit’ better

Speak for yourself, i honestly prefer overall japanese cars and tracks compared to american and european ones
I like cars and tracks from all over the world equally as much and I'd like to see a fair share from each continent represented in the game.

Was kind of bummed a lot of those track updates do not work in VR...not so much the rain but the Nurburgring and LaMans at night would be kind of cool in VT...oh well :indiff:

Wet vs dry lap comparisons with the Dodge Super Bee, I save the rolling for the end.

The rest of the videos in this series will be in the general GT Sport video thread since a new update will be available soon.

Here is the new Camaro in action. It is a sexy beast ...
I think the sound could be a bit more throaty .... on the second lap you can listen to the sound from the cockpit.

Back