GT Sport Update 1.50 Arrives, With New Lewis Hamilton Content and the Return of Ruf

upload_2019-12-2_1-6-43.gif

That's not the point. The point is to clarify that Playstation and PD marketing on anything Gran Turismo is essentially the same horse's mouth.
Yes well there’s no point trifling over it is there? Someone in the Sony social media outreach machine made a mistake that upset half of the GT community, when in reality the subject of their displeasure will come within a manner of weeks anyway. It’s over with.

Yes well there’s no point trifling over it is there?

No, there basically is not. The discussion stems from some people being disappointed that Laguna Seca didn't appear after being promised initially, and others replying back that PD made no mistake because it was "Sony's fault". The ones who repeatedly bring up the Sony vs. PD angle just don't seem to understand how it doesn't matter, and how it all ties together.

That's not the point. The point is to clarify that Playstation and PD marketing on anything Gran Turismo is essentially the same horse's mouth.
No, there basically is not. The discussion stems from some people being disappointed that Laguna Seca didn't appear after being promised initially, and others replying back that PD made no mistake because it was "Sony's fault". The ones who repeatedly bring up the Sony vs. PD angle just don't seem to understand how it doesn't matter, and how it all ties together.
Yeah no, as someone who has attended several events with PD, Sony and PlayStation staff it doesn't work like that. At all. They may be part of the same organisation, but they are not equivalent entities.

Whomever from PlayStation's social media/YT team wrote the description for the video, they're at least five layers of management away from anyone at Polyphony Digital, and it's often the case that none of those five people (or the PSYT bod) have any direct expertise in GT - typically there isn't someone with responsibility (or geographical responsibility) for just GT, they'll deal with lots of games too. No-one from PD might have even viewed that video except by complete chance, or when GTPlanet's editor flagged it on Twitter (I joked about it at the time, but it was half a joke), and that would have set the alarm bells ringing.

We can, and did, take that YT video description as an official source, because it is. But it isn't Polyphony Digital, it's PlayStation. And PlayStation was wrong - likely through someone with no specific expertise in GT just seeing "Laguna Seca, update soon" and "Update November 28" and smooshing them together.

Yeah no, as someone who has attended several events with PD, Sony and PlayStation staff it doesn't work like that. At all. They may be part of the same organisation, but they are not equivalent entities.

I've already acknowledged that Playstation and PD are separate entities. All I've been trying to say is that they're both an official source when it comes to Gran Turismo, because someone here was trying to imply that nothing was ever confirmed because PD didn't provide the Laguna Seca release date.

There's no reason to care whether something was confirmed by PD or Sony. Both entities must be considered as official sources when it comes to Gran Turismo.

We can, and did, take that YT video description as an official source, because it is. But it isn't Polyphony Digital, it's PlayStation. And PlayStation was wrong - likely through someone with no specific expertise in GT just seeing "Laguna Seca, update soon" and "Update November 28" and smooshing them together.

That's also my theory how on how it might have gone wrong.

So this update at final included 7 cars?
- Toyota 86GT
- BMW M3
- Ruf CTR3
- Re Amemiya FD35
- Jaguar VGT
- Mercedes Benz AMG VGT LH Editon
- Toyota GR Supra (Gr.4)

Whomever from PlayStation's social media/YT team wrote the description for the video, they're at least five layers of management away from anyone at Polyphony Digital, and it's often the case that none of those five people (or the PSYT bod) have any direct expertise in GT - typically there isn't someone with responsibility (or geographical responsibility) for just GT, they'll deal with lots of games too. No-one from PD might have even viewed that video except by complete chance, or when GTPlanet's editor flagged it on Twitter (I joked about it at the time, but it was half a joke), and that would have set the alarm bells ringing.

@Famine you're forgetting that some people here are absolutely adamant that their opinion is a more reputable source than someone who's directly involved...

Took the Ruf CTR3 around Tokyo Expressway South Outer Loop. Love driving hypercars with that 3rd pedal! Bonkers fast, good enough brakes, and darty steering. Easy to get oversteer with all that power, so controlling the long pedal is key. Also, in typical Ruf PD fashion, offerred in any color you can imagine :lol:

Sexy as hell too - makes me want to see a Carrera GT in GTS guise!

VR Hotlap @ 1:20:

Last edited:
So this update at final included 7 cars?
- Toyota 86GT
- BMW M3
- Ruf CTR3
- Re Amemiya FD35
- Jaguar VGT
- Mercedes Benz AMG VGT LH Editon
- Toyota GR Supra (Gr.4)

Is the GR Supra (Gr.4) in the dealership now?

Also, I see people online completing these time trials with Dualshock4s now

so the AI can drive it but we cant. so we wait. maybe I'll give in and get that darn DLC, come on sony Drop the price for Crimbo!!!
Were you able to complete the GR Supra survey that expired November 30th? If you did, you'll receive the car with special livery. As for buying the car itself, the survey was unclear if the car will be in Brand Central on the 16th.

Just for reference but although they added the AI version of the car to the game with this 1.50 update do we know the actual player
car is in the game data files? I am expecting another update before the 15th which would then include the car like they did with the E-Tron
Audi.

Just for reference but although they added the AI version of the car to the game with this 1.50 update do we know the actual player
car is in the game data files? I am expecting another update before the 15th which would then include the car like they did with the E-Tron
Audi.
I posted in livery discussion thread, the car is in the Discovery Search section. I think that was the case for a few cars we got(AE86 Sprinter, Fit Hybrid, etc).

Both The Crew games had the CTR3 while Driveclub and Project CARS 1 had the Clubsport version, apparently.

I can confirm both Project Cars 1 AND Driveclub had the Clubsport version.

Seeing the Supra in this update, was there ever a time when PD placed a future DLC car, this early in the game?

Closest thing I can remember for this particular Title was the Audi VGT, but that was more or less unlocked the moment you started the game after you installed the update.

However, they did do a similar thing back in GT5:

And before that, GT5 Prologue:

Tom
Fun fact: I've got some creative control over the scripts for the Circuit Experience VOs now, which is why it may sound slightly more natural in English.

Good to hear. Wish they gave you creative control with the video Tutorial before going online because man, I'm not sure who thought "Makes you look bad" would be incentive enough to make people not crash others our of the way :lol:

Latest Posts

Back