GT Sport Update 1.57 Arrives

Are we getting a new track in this update!?!? :lol:

I'm being sarcastic please don't tell at me.

10/10 post! Made me chuckle.

I will do some testing of Sport Mode with the new handling and penalty's but I am hoping I will become a bit better with the Gr 2/3/4's as the current balance is not good for my driving style.

I have the feeling that it's difficult to have new car (s) or track into the new update. Its nice opportunity to see the real separating of car classes (Group C TRC GT1 etc)...

Last edited:
Who wanna take a bet on scenario?

PD releases patch, after Sunday they got bombed on social media with bugs that patch created. In next 1-2 weeks fanbase is all over PD Twitter. We got hotfix and season is changed to exhibition once more.
It will be an exhibition anyway unless they do the finals from home like usual online racing. Flying people all over the world would be irresponsible at the moment (assuming they can find a venue willing to host it/enough flights to get everybody there).

If they give us a surprise track to go with that, I’ll be a happy man.... but that is probably not going to happen.

I wouldn't expect anything substantial given the current global circumstances... having said that, I know for a fact that some members of this forum will fail to identify this and continue with their cycle of demanding things or carrying on with their "ItS nOt A fReE uPdAtE cOs YoU GotTa pAy FoR tHe CoNSolE, EleCTriCiTy, gAmE, PSN and IntUrNet" mental gymnastics.

So I saw the wiki page and it seems that the power output for the newest 2020 Supra is quite an improvement. From 335 hp to 382 hp.

Still. It's one thing for an update to not featuring any new tracks and cars to boot because its understandable for what happen currently. But it's another thing to waste so much resources to model what basically a new variant with extremely minor visual differences.

I assuming PD is actually just using 2019 model but only changing the specs under the hood and I also assume it's because of the strict Toyota licensing contract that demands such inclusion.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect anything substantial given the current global circumstances... having said that, I know for a fact that some members of this forum will fail to identify this and continue with their cycle of demanding things or carrying on with their "ItS nOt A fReE uPdAtE cOs YoU GotTa pAy FoR tHe CoNSolE, EleCTriCiTy, gAmE, PSN and IntUrNet" mental gymnastics.

I have said it before and I will say it again. The people complaining about the people complaining are worst than the people complaining. Example above.

Honestly, I see PD do this and I smile. They don't cave to crowd pressure over adding content into the game. They know what they feel the game needs and they stay the course and do it. This should have been predictable with the return of Supra cup and the Toyota relationship that exists there.

I also still find it really cool that Toyota claim they use the Supra cup data for development. I wonder if anything on the 2020 model comes from that data.

Glad PD aren't wasting their man hours modelling a few obscure race cars of the last 20 years just to appease a small minority of very, very loud voices. I'm sorry, but a majority playing this game has no idea about the GTOne, CLK-GTR or any of those that always get chucked around these threads.

Ready for my crucifixion now.

Back