GT Sport Update 1.57 Arrives

Lol I see my accent has caused some discussion.

All good banter!! I'm well aware the scottish accent can be tough to follow but I can assure as far as scottish accents go mines not that thick. Go to places like Inverness or Aberdeen and even I might struggle lol

For future videos I shall practise spoken proper England

I am from Poland and I had no problems with understanding what are Ya sayin'. It's pleasure to hear Your accent don't change it please!

It seems like the new A90 does have one color option that the ‘19 A90 does not: Horizon Blue. Otherwise, it appears the ‘20 A90 has all the color options of the ‘19 A90. Naturally, I picked the new, exclusive color when buying the ‘20 A90, as I already bought the ‘19 A90 in a dashing Prominence Red.

Lol I see my accent has caused some discussion.

All good banter!! I'm well aware the scottish accent can be tough to follow but I can assure as far as scottish accents go mines not that thick. Go to places like Inverness or Aberdeen and even I might struggle lol

For future videos I shall practise spoken proper England
I'm from Africa and English isn't my first language so it was difficult to understand you at first... But after hearing you so many times, I got used to it and now I actually look forward to your videos...

I really don’t understand complaints about the 2020 Supra... Obviously PD isn’t making any more content for GTS, but they gave as at least this. Have we really come to the point where we rather get nothing than a “duplicate”? GT games always had duplicates, it’s part of the brand identity and I, for one, like the idea of having multiple versions of the same car, as long as there’s some difference. Wish we had all those NSXs from GT6...

The 2020 Supra isn’t just a new color... it’s upgraded engine, exhaust, reworked suspension, and much more under the hood.

I still have connections with a few, but they'll be late getting here to the party.:D
I'll have to get my neighbors here from nu zilnd to bring some of their fush with em though.
@pantherjag keep it up, great videos, and after years working with someone from Ayrshire I have no trouble with it.
That got me thinking the weirdest thing about Newfoundland was the time zone. GMT -3.5h.

But then I looked up Australia...Wow. So many. And Eucla, Western Australia UTC +8.45.

Crazy.

New Zealand seems sensible.

That got me thinking the weirdest thing about Newfoundland was the time zone. GMT -3.5h.

But then I looked up Australia...Wow. So many. And Eucla, Western Australia UTC +8.45.

Crazy.

New Zealand seems sensible.
Yeah, china and Russia do some weird things with time zones as well I think. Wondering how all that affects daily race matching.

I really don’t understand complaints about the 2020 Supra... Obviously PD isn’t making any more content for GTS, but they gave as at least this. Have we really come to the point where we rather get nothing than a “duplicate”?

Considering the series has a massive reputation of padding out its car list with duplicate vehicles in recent memory, with the duplicates (of which the vast majority of which were of lesser model quality then the actual main car list) making up a sizeable portion of the car list, and has taken to padding out the car list in GT Sport as well, albeit to the extent of yearly updates to models that show absolutely no discernible change between the vehicles except the model year, absolutely criticism is warranted, no matter if it's free or not. Especially when you consider that it's very likely that PD had a staggered exclusivity agreement in place to be the first ones to get the A90 Supra...why do we need the 2020 model? But then again, it's the same old story around here: people are supposed to be thankful to the PD gods or whatever for blessing the world with free content, when said free content is free to be criticized by those who see right through it, even with the times that we currently find ourselves in.

The 2020 Supra isn’t just a new color... it’s upgraded engine, exhaust, reworked suspension, and much more under the hood.

To the vast majority of people, that really doesn't matter, does it? It still looks like the A90 Supra that's already in the game, and will have no discernible difference in terms of the N-class meta that means absolutely nothing considering N-class cars are the domain of public online lobbies and are barely used for anything that actually matters in terms of Sport or FIA races.

So far in my testing of the new handling characteristics (only 1 car so - the Gr. 3 Corvette), there isn't much of a difference except the handling feels more vague. The characteristics of the cars from before the update don't seem changed, but the feeling of them is muted. In other words, the Corvette still understeers on turn-in, but force feedback doesn't seem to communicate it as well now, and it takes more sliding to get my steering wheel to "chatter" and indicate that I'm scrubbing the front tires. I'll see if I can get used to the new feeling and find some more speed.

Maybe it was a bug but i was not able to load a ghost in psvr mode ? Anyone else ? Maybe it's from à version before ? I can save replay, save my Best lap but not load a ghost after changing cars :confused:

I personally have no trouble understanding him but you have to admit that his accent is a bit on the thicker side

... I can assure as far as scottish accents go mines not that thick. Go to places like Inverness or Aberdeen and even I might struggle lol

i wish I could find an online link to a video I once saw of a (Republic of) Ireland farmer, who was (quite ridiculously) claiming that a re-introduced bird of prey had flown off with one of his sheep, despite it being physically unlikely it could manage to. He was saying that if the birds had meant to have been there, they wouldn't have died out, comveniently ignoring the fact it was farmers who'd wiped them out with poison and guns in the first place! His dialect was almost impossible to decipher.

Here instead is a farmer from Kerry (Ireland again). Good luck!:D

I'm pretty sure his neighbour is not talking about dogging, despite it sounding like that.:nervous:

Sorry, waaay off-topic!

At first glance I was mad with only a "dup" car in this update, but you can notice the change on suspension braking and speed inmediately. My first test lap on Tokyo Expressway in the Supra '20 and improve by 3 seconds my best time with '19 Supra :embarrassed:

With maxed-out upgrades, it can reach 235mph on the straight at Special Stage Route X, losing 4mph at worst in the banking. Did a 4:50.8 lap.

Last edited:
I think in Forza 7, Turn 10 also rolled out a bunch of gameplay changes with no cars added and they just made an announcement on their forum and that was it.

No drama, no issues.

See the difference? Its all about messaging.

See the difference? Its all about messaging
Last time I check PD already laid out what to expect from this update as long as a week ago in a news section.

They also announced that the next big content update will be at May 25th.

So what "messaging" exactly?

So why is there a 10 page thread on this largely full of people who are of this demeanour? I can go to r/granturismo and get a similar vibe.

Maybe there's a big difference between the maturity levels of Forza vs. Gran Turismo fans.

Maybe we could discuss the effacy of said 'messaging' because we all know how PD are the grand masters of customer communications right?

Last time I check PD already laid out what to expect from this update as long as a week ago in a news section.

They also announced that the next big content update will be at May 25th.

So what "messaging" exactly?

For example info what they changed in what cars (BoP)? How they re-adjust slilstream? What they changed in penalty system? We got info we changed handling, fuel and tyres. We need to check and figure out WHAT changes in what cars.

That's the messege we are missing.

Considering the series has a massive reputation of padding out its car list with duplicate vehicles in recent memory, with the duplicates (of which the vast majority of which were of lesser model quality then the actual main car list) making up a sizeable portion of the car list, and has taken to padding out the car list in GT Sport as well, albeit to the extent of yearly updates to models that show absolutely no discernible change between the vehicles except the model year, absolutely criticism is warranted, no matter if it's free or not. Especially when you consider that it's very likely that PD had a staggered exclusivity agreement in place to be the first ones to get the A90 Supra...why do we need the 2020 model? But then again, it's the same old story around here: people are supposed to be thankful to the PD gods or whatever for blessing the world with free content, when said free content is free to be criticized by those who see right through it, even with the times that we currently find ourselves in.

To the vast majority of people, that really doesn't matter, does it? It still looks like the A90 Supra that's already in the game, and will have no discernible difference in terms of the N-class meta that means absolutely nothing considering N-class cars are the domain of public online lobbies and are barely used for anything that actually matters in terms of Sport or FIA races.

what about the Toyota’s dedicated Supra GT Cup? That’s the main reason they added the car, anyway...

From 75K to 100K maybe?

Maybe even 150? Hm, I'm curious. But don't forget, it's PD so it's probably going to be 80K. :lol:

EDIT:
Looking at the new championship schedule and looks like no more fuel burning during qualifier. It's full fuel tank only. They've turned fuel con. off during qualifiers. :)

Last edited:
Back