GT Sport Update 1.57 Arrives

I dont think they changed BoP at all. The handling changes are probably uniform.
They said what they did to the slipstream, they weakened it.

Did You even play the game? Becouse I am starting to assume that You are just some kind of troll.

In patch notes was "handling adjustment" for all gr 4 3 2 cars. Also changed fuel consumption and tyre wear. You can do it by changes in game physics, settings of car (tuning) and BoP.

Why some cars like Lambo and Ferrari in gr.3 are easier to drive? Why mercedes gr.3 is not so understanding? Why we don't have informations what changed.

You are defending them without even touchng the game and taking cars for a drive after patch.

So stop telling me some ******** that it's fine. It's not, that's why we need mechanizm lime gtengine and sites like that to compare pre and after patch to see what they changed. There is totally no info whats up.

Look at psyonix and rocket league. If they make any change they explain it and tell what changed and how it's changed. Here we got info what they will be adjusting now how they adjusted it and how it changes in game stats or feeling of the car. Same as tyre wear and fuel usage.

For example info what they changed in what cars (BoP)? How they re-adjust slilstream? What they changed in penalty system? We got info we changed handling, fuel and tyres. We need to check and figure out WHAT changes in what cars.

That's the messege we are missing.
I've been thinking, could their concise patch notes be because they have to translate them for each language the game supports? If other sims do this for their detailed patch notes then there's no excuse then lol

Did You even play the game? Becouse I am starting to assume that You are just some kind of troll.

In patch notes was "handling adjustment" for all gr 4 3 2 cars. Also changed fuel consumption and tyre wear. You can do it by changes in game physics, settings of car (tuning) and BoP.

Why some cars like Lambo and Ferrari in gr.3 are easier to drive? Why mercedes gr.3 is not so understanding? Why we don't have informations what changed.

You are defending them without even touchng the game and taking cars for a drive after patch.

So stop telling me some ******** that it's fine. It's not, that's why we need mechanizm lime gtengine and sites like that to compare pre and after patch to see what they changed. There is totally no info whats up.

Look at psyonix and rocket league. If they make any change they explain it and tell what changed and how it's changed. Here we got info what they will be adjusting now how they adjusted it and how it changes in game stats or feeling of the car. Same as tyre wear and fuel usage.

BoP did not change at all, last time it did we got a full list of changes, we did not get that this time. They just tweaked the setups on some cars to adjust/even out tire wear. I was a half second faster with a full tank of fuel around Interlagos last night then I was with a 1/4 tank of fuel 2 days before in the Gr.4 Cayman.

As for the draft, here is the difference, thanks to @pantherjag for the video. :cheers:

I think some of this is a misunderstanding about BoP. The in game BoP settings are when the power and weight ratios are adjusted. The full list of current BoP settings is published here https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/bop_update.html

These setting haven't been changed since 27th Feb, so @RacingGrandpa is right that the BoP hasn't been changed in the update. PD are actually pretty good at communicating when they do update the BoP settings.

For sure they've changed something, which I believe is to do with the physics model. Maybe even the tyre model. It absolutely would be better if PD told us exactly what had been changed but they haven't, so it's up to us to play around with it and figure out where everything now sits.

Last edited:
It seems PD have managed to mess up open lobby full settings for practice.

Now the cars run as if the fuel settings is to "off" even when set to a 1. You also no longer get the fuel trim, ability to refuel at stops and the tank shows as 100% all the time. This means all cars now run empty in open lobbies, so if you have a series with the requirement to test make your driver's aware

It seems PD have managed to mess up open lobby full settings for practice.

Now the cars run as if the fuel settings is to "off" even when set to a 1. You also no longer get the fuel trim, ability to refuel at stops and the tank shows as 100% all the time. This means all cars now run empty in open lobbies, so if you have a series with the requirement to test make your driver's aware
Yes, I posted this yesterday in the FIA thread. This has to do with the qualifying fuel consumption. If you change it to whatever you want, do a track reset and change it back to off it should be fixed. However, I don't know if fuel consumption is still on in qualifying, I haven't tested this yet.

Also, PD just dropped this bomb.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_8851323.html

I drive the game almost every day, probably too much.
I didn't say nothing was changed, I said that the changes likely are uniform, meaning affecting a whole class of cars (MR, FF etc).
PD communicates their changes to BOP every time they changed it up to now.
So to me it's apparent that what they changed wasn't BOP.
There are definitely made changes, no doubt about that.

If that makes me a troll then I probably am. In that case I prefer to be a troll, rather than someone who attacks another forum member, calling names and talking trash because they misread or misunderstood what they wrote.

They just tweaked the setups on some cars to adjust/even out tire wear. I was a half second faster with a full tank of fuel around Interlagos last night then I was with a 1/4 tank of fuel 2 days before in the Gr.4 Cayman.
Has anyone seen the setup changes by having recorded the settings in some way before the update to compare? Do all our cars still have the old setups, so we can see the changes if we go and restore the default settings, which will change the car to the new settings?

Has anyone seen the setup changes by having recorded the settings in some way before the update to compare? Do all our cars still have the old setups, so we can see the changes if we go and restore the default settings, which will change the car to the new settings?
I do not think that what PD changed can be touched in the settings we have access to. So no matter if we restore to default or not the new tweaks are there. IMHO.

Last edited:
Strange how the in-game description for the 2020 Supra only mentions new color options as the difference to the 2019 version. It makes me wonder if PD has even bothered to simulate the actual features of the new car aside from the obvious horsepower increase.

I know the Cod forums have shut down, but find somewhere else to take your rantings. You are so wide of the mark it's laughable.

You're new, and your attacking good forum members. Great start.

Why did it need to be done with a brand new 2020 model with no discernible difference to the 2019 model?

The power output is increased for the 2020 model so it's been added to make the competition run on the up to date model.

It would be crazy to use the 19 model in this year's event due to the time/power difference in my opinion.

The power output is increased for the 2020 model so it's been added to make the competition run on the up to date model.

It would be crazy to use the 19 model in this year's event due to the time/power difference in my opinion.

As someone pointed out to me in a different thread, BoP could potentially come into play with the cup now. The real question is if it'll use N300 or N400 BoP, since the 2019 and 2020 models are in different categories because of the 2020 car's increased power output.

BoP is on for the Supra Cup so the '19 model will have a few extra horses to help it around. There's really not a lot in it between the two (I actually think the gearing is better on the '19 for the slow bits)

Had a little test in a lobby at catalunya and the MR cars that I've tested, including the Ferrari, are all WAY more stable even with tyre wear the aforementioned Ferrari is still stable and very much drivable which is a pleasant surprise. This should make them a lot more viable for FIA and daily race C events in the future, doublely so for more casual players.

At first glance I was mad with only a "dup" car in this update, but you can notice the change on suspension braking and speed inmediately. My first test lap on Tokyo Expressway in the Supra '20 and improve by 3 seconds my best time with '19 Supra :embarrassed:
It should be. The '19 is n300 and the '20 is n400.

yeah, can see that you’re going to be real popular here

So far in my testing of the new handling characteristics (only 1 car so - the Gr. 3 Corvette), there isn't much of a difference except the handling feels more vague. The characteristics of the cars from before the update don't seem changed, but the feeling of them is muted. In other words, the Corvette still understeers on turn-in, but force feedback doesn't seem to communicate it as well now, and it takes more sliding to get my steering wheel to "chatter" and indicate that I'm scrubbing the front tires. I'll see if I can get used to the new feeling and find some more speed.

Thought maybe something was not right with my drivehub and that how driving feels drab after the update but looks like other notice the change in feeling through the wheel, feels like my wheel has more centre spring enabled when changing direction,

Strange how this car has abit more power (certainly feels like it) and is abit heavier, yet it feels way better in handling. It's far less skiddish and much more neutral in handling, even seems abit sharper in cornering in my hands.
Looks like my wishes have been granted for this car.

Seeing as you joined today to register your disapproval, may I suggest just playing a different driving game so you don’t get so pissed off ? It ain’t good for your health to stress over something so trivial
Not joined just for making this comment... and i´m 100% ok with all that playing others games as well... but no money from me to Pholy, never again...

Back