GT Sport Update 1.57 Arrives

Did some extensive driving in the M6 GT3 and M4 Gr 4 since I use those cars the most. Both cars seem to have reduced braking performance on RH tires. The usual braking zones I use at Laguna Seca end up with the cars nearly skating off the track. The ABS intervention seems to be reducing braking force. They are both also more prone to power oversteer on TCS level 1 than before. The M6 rear end steps out way more readily than before. I can extract similar laptimes from both cars, but the rear ends are just not in sync. Not a fan of these characteristics, but I'll test more cars to see what's improved..

Did some extensive driving in the M6 GT3 and M4 Gr 4 since I use those cars the most. Both cars seem to have reduced braking performance on RH tires. The usual braking zones I use at Laguna Seca end up with the cars nearly skating off the track. The ABS intervention seems to be reducing braking force. They are both also more prone to power oversteer on TCS level 1 than before. The M6 rear end steps out way more readily than before. I can extract similar laptimes from both cars, but the rear ends are just not in sync. Not a fan of these characteristics, but I'll test more cars to see what's improved..
I was testing for round 2 of Manufacturer and my braking points for turn 2 and 3 were both at 100 meters before the update. Now they're like 10 meters before that, if I brake at the usual point I slide off the road. I also have to brake for the marshall post instead of the 50m board for turn 8.

I'm really looking forward to Monday and the new Race C to see how the changes are being implemented. The only logical way to have tyre wear and fuel consumption during qualification would be to adopt the FIA races - qualifying for 10 minutes before each race (which IMO should be adopted in every single one of the daily races) but we will see.

I'm really looking forward to Monday and the new Race C to see how the changes are being implemented. The only logical way to have tyre wear and fuel consumption during qualification would be to adopt the FIA races - qualifying for 10 minutes before each race (which IMO should be adopted in every single one of the daily races) but we will see.
If they do apply the multipliers it'll just mean you'll have two or three flying laps before needing to change tyres rather than being able to run 20 laps straight out of the gate. Personally I'd like to see people start in the car they qualified in. So if say, DT Seaside, you do a 1.46.0 in a Jag and a 1.46.2 in a Merc then choose to race in the Merc you take the slower time onto the grid. The one thing that does annoy me about Race C is the fastest cars around a lap are rarely the best cars to use in the race, so people don't use them

As someone pointed out to me in a different thread, BoP could potentially come into play with the cup now. The real question is if it'll use N300 or N400 BoP, since the 2019 and 2020 models are in different categories because of the 2020 car's increased power output.

BoP is on for the Supra Cup so the '19 model will have a few extra horses to help it around. There's really not a lot in it between the two (I actually think the gearing is better on the '19 for the slow bits)

Thanks for replies, I ended up doing liveries for both models so I might mix things up a bit by using the two in different races.

If they do apply the multipliers it'll just mean you'll have two or three flying laps before needing to change tyres rather than being able to run 20 laps straight out of the gate. Personally I'd like to see people start in the car they qualified in. So if say, DT Seaside, you do a 1.46.0 in a Jag and a 1.46.2 in a Merc then choose to race in the Merc you take the slower time onto the grid. The one thing that does annoy me about Race C is the fastest cars around a lap are rarely the best cars to use in the race, so people don't use them

And this is what adopting the FIA races model would do (qualifying 10 minutes before the race with the car you've chosen means you'll drive it during the race - no option to qualify with the fastest car and later use the car with the best tyre wear/fuel cons.) :)

And this is what adopting the FIA races model would do (qualifying 10 minutes before the race with the car you've chosen means you'll drive it during the race - no option to qualify with the fastest car and later use the car with the best tyre wear/fuel cons.) :)
But then races can't be every half hour because of the qualifying session and that's really the main criteria of Race C

:lol::lol::lol: That's exactly what I thought when I heard it. Good one, mate.

On 1 CD. :lol: I probably have a box somewhere in the attic full of CDs with old games. :lol:

I had a lot of trouble understanding the audio, in fact I didnt even realize it was english at

Oh, come on, mate. Everybody knows it was 1.44 MB. :lol:

Indeed it is. I personally have no trouble understanding him but you have to admit that his accent is a bit on the thicker side and non-native speakers might have some trouble catching the words.
:lol::lol::lol: That's exactly what I thought when I heard it. Good one, mate.

On 1 CD. :lol: I probably have a box somewhere in the attic full of CDs with old games. :lol:

Oh, come on, mate. Everybody knows it was 1.44 MB. :lol:

Indeed it is. I personally have no trouble understanding him but you have to admit that his accent is a bit on the thicker side and non-native speakers might have some trouble catching the words.

I had a lot of trouble understanding the slapstream audio, in fact I didnt even realize it was English for the first few minutes:lol::lol::confused::confused:
In my defense we just dont have that kind of accent on this side of the pond so except for Chibbs in Sons of Anarchy I have never really been exposed to it. I do appreciate him making the video, I just wish I could understand more than a few words.

Yeah I realized that after I attached the image, was waiting for someone to call me out :lol:.

I'm mostly surprised because I don't know how that helps the quali issues.

The only time I can see this helping is in FIA races @ Nordschleife - last time there, you were down to 1/2 tank after your out lap & had to qualify with fuel on max Lean

Back