GT Sport Update 1.63 Arrives, Brings Sport Mode Changes

How amazing would a cheeky little VR update be with full grids. Take No Mans Sky, it now looks amazing on PS5 VR via PS4 backwards play.

Surely it's simple enough for a team like PD to 'flick the switch' and allow something they actually wanted for the PS4 at launch, but was held back by technical restrictions of hardware.

Here's me hoping, but very much doubting

I don't need personally any more content for GTS as GT7 is coming this year, but please, fix the goddam servers, its unplayable in lobbies at this point. I love GT League and Custom Races but its a big slap to ppl like me who likes to play with friends too!

Even better then, fix whatever it takes. I dont think the problem is my wifi as the signal is 1000 mbit, its even better than my old cable net.

Even better then, fix whatever it takes. I dont think the problem is my wifi as the signal is 1000 mbit, its even better than my old cable net.
With peer-to-peer it doesn't matter how good your connection is (also your bandwidth - which I'm assuming is 1000Mbps, not 1000mbps, because 1 bit per second sucks and 1 gigabit per second doesn't - is almost irrelevant, though the fact it's wireless isn't), it's how good everyone's connection it.

If you're racing in a lobby with someone on the other side of the planet or someone with a home network made of potatoes - or both - you're going to have a bad time of it.

(also please use the Quote function; it notifies users you're responding to them).

Hope to see some new cars and/or track, always good to refresh GTS, before a late GT7 launch. But, as said in the article, maybe a preparation to FIA events.

There are no servers in lobbies. It's peer-to-peer.

I was always thinking each lobbies created their "own" server (between lobby players). I'm learning everydays 👍

When the update is short before the saison-start, it’s for me obviously, that’s together with that. Otherwise, I can’t explain me this.

Last edited:
I would love for a PS5 Patch that would include a
60FPS Gameplay @ 2160p
60FPS Replays @ 1800p or 2160p
120fps Gameplay @ 1080p or 1800p

As for content it would be cool to get at least 1 New Track or at most add some Rain Conditions at existing Tracks like
Blue Moon, Suzuka, Nürburgring 24 hour, Kyoto Driving Park. This can make some fun race in 2021 Nations Cup.

and on one last note it would be fun to get some upgrade cars (GR.4 & GR.3) EVO packages, this can spice up the
2021 Manufacturer Series

How amazing would a cheeky little VR update be with full grids. Take No Mans Sky, it now looks amazing on PS5 VR via PS4 backwards play.

Surely it's simple enough for a team like PD to 'flick the switch' and allow something they actually wanted for the PS4 at launch, but was held back by technical restrictions of hardware.

Here's me hoping, but very much doubting

I rewatched the original Vr teaser trailer this week, the one Sony eventually pulled because the game wasn’t going to get the vr features advertised. I was so hopeful it was coming eventually.
Here’s a link if anyone wants a refresher:

I was always thinking each lobbies created their "own" server (between lobby players). I'm learning everydays 👍

It is called peer-to-peer, or P2P. This is common in 360/PS3 era especially Call of Duty games pre-Advanced Warfare, but right now most online games are now using dedicated servers.

In race time, all clients (or consoles) are sending data to all other connected consoles. But they still need a host to let everyone know which console is which. In a lobby if you setup a room, you will become a host. You can also switch hosts.

If you want a perfectly playable and working lobby race environment, everyone should be in NAT 2 (outbound and inbound game connection is not blocked by a firewall or the ISP) or NAT OPEN in Call of Duty games. This can be done by each person's router. I usually put my console in DMZ (demilitarized zone) so all packets from public internet can reach my console without problem.

Or the easiest, just bring everyone to a LAN party. Connect every console to one single LAN device and voila. (But not possible due to some virus eh)

I would love for a PS5 Patch that would include a
60FPS Gameplay @ 2160p
60FPS Replays @ 1800p or 2160p
120fps Gameplay @ 1080p or 1800p

You can do 60fps replays already. If you have PS4 Pro/PS5, go to Video Settings, set graphics options to "Prioritize Frame Rate". 60fps replays are amazing...like you are watching real races

You can do 60fps replays already. If you have PS4 Pro/PS5, go to Video Settings, set graphics options to "Prioritize Frame Rate".
That's at the cost of resolution, though. It drops down to 1080p when you select it. So what he wants is both 4K and 60fps in the replays.

And seeing how Ghost of Tsushima and God of War pulled it off nicely, it should be doable for PD. Especially if GT7 isn't releasing anytime soon.

Back