GT Sport Update Arrives This Week, Adds Lewis Hamilton DLC - But No Laguna Seca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy, but I'm actually happy they added the regular E46 M3 over the CSL. I just prefer cleaner look of the normal version, and it's still a pure car without all the CSL modifications.

You're not crazy haha, I have a big distaste for the CSL's front bumper.

Y'know, seeing that E46 M3, I can't help but think that we are *this* close to getting these bad boys...

images

images

images

So we get Laguna Seca, five new cars (including the return of RUF), the Lewis Hamilton DLC pack, a Gr.4 Supra in a couple of weeks and a Lamborghini VGT a few months after that. We know a Porsche VGT is coming at some point next year as is the Mazada GT3 VGT, presumably before the FIA 2020 Season kicks off. That's just the stuff we know about.

Haters are gonna hate but personally I've impressed with the amount of support this game is getting over two years after release. Not every free car added to the game is going to be to everyone's taste, but you know, you can just not use the cars you're not interested in.

nice car list and nice track. i hope e46 m3 sounds good too. its one of my favourites car

Reactions: VXR
Yes! I would very much like it to be the BMW M3 GTR, both the street version and the racing version (Le Mans). It's an iconic car!

RUF’s return is a nice surprise, though I remember someone, without any actual sources, claiming that RUF wouldn’t come back with PD already having the Porsche license. I hear crow tastes really good this time of year.

The RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 is a drift car or tunning car like the Amuse S2000

I hope someone can tune this into a car that I can actually drive...

So, is this a Rotary car? If so, my prediction of new races in the Rotary event looks solid.

Also, I'm trying to work out what cars @05XR8 will be running on the Real Circuit Tours tomorrow :sly:. BMW, then Re Amemiya, then the new 86 .

Can someone post drivetrain and BHP figures for each car other than the Jaaaaaaag please :cheers:. Trying to work out what cars will be eligible for what races in GT League.

So we get Laguna Seca, five new cars (including the return of RUF), the Lewis Hamilton DLC pack, a Gr.4 Supra in a couple of weeks and a Lamborghini VGT a few months after that. We know a Porsche VGT is coming at some point next year as is the Mazada GT3 VGT, presumably before the FIA 2020 Season kicks off. That's just the stuff we know about.

Haters are gonna hate but personally I've impressed with the amount of support this game is getting over two years after release. Not every free car added to the game is going to be to everyone's taste, but you know, you can just not use the cars you're not interested in.
Besides the Porsche vgt, the 917 Living Legend Concept car is also coming :)

Last edited:
I keep seeing it on this thread, but does Porsche actually have a problem with RUF being in games?

With the Porsche license being the grail that it was for PD, I’d like to think that they would’ve proposed RUF’s addition to them first to see if there would be any conflicts. I’m sure PD wants to have a long and fruitful relationship with Porsche, so I doubt they’d do anything that would jeopardize that. My guess is that everyone involved is on good terms. It does make the dynamic rather interesting, though.

I keep seeing it on this thread, but does Porsche actually have a problem with RUF being in games?
I do not think so! RUF is an independent brand that maintains good relations with Porsche. RUF started out as a porsche cars prep workshop, then started producing its own cars by buying Porsche chassis. In fact, Porsche was unique to EA Sports in the past, so many softhouses resorted to RUF to compensate for the lack of porsches in their games.

EA Sports' exclusive exploitation rights of Porsche have expired. It was a long-term contract and was not renewed. Taking advantage of this, PD and other companies were able to bring German cars to their games.

Well well, I knew there was no reasonable way Porsche was somehow pushing Ruf out. Like I said before, Porsche being everywhere and Ruf suddenly being scant was simply a case of everyone having the "real thing" finally. The addition however is a shocker, was kinda expecting ye old RGT or 3400S to be the mark of Ruf's return but this works too.

Toyota 86 facelift, well let's be honest: Is it that shocking knowing PD?

Glad to see the addition of the e46... Now PD just need to fill the gap between the e30 & e46.... I.e, where is the e36 love?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back