GT Sport Update v1.53 Arrives, Adds Laguna Seca, Ford GT and More

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 271 comments
Mileage is not hard to get so might as well get them regardless.
For people who actually complete the daily workout everyday, yes, it's "easy".

It's not everyones cup of tea for doing that though. 5000 mileage points for each vehicle (15000 total) isn't exactly a sneeze to gain and this is from someone who already got 10000 points in reserve now.

Mileage points system is a pain in the ass, honestly.

I have both the M4 and AMG GT safety cars but they are undriven as they dont have any use besides livery and single make races so what's the point really?

They can be raced in GT League. Did some races in Sunday Cup and the Japan Only race at Red Bull Ring.
EMi61XkU8AAjV_b.jpeg

For people who actually complete the daily workout everyday, yes, it's "easy".

It's not everyones cup of tea for doing that though. 5000 mileage points for each vehicle (15000 total) isn't exactly a sneeze to gain and this is from someone who already got 10000 points in reserve now.

Mileage points system is a pain in the ass, honestly.
I have more issue blowing my mileage points on high rollers which absolutely baffles me rather than using it for actual content but i agree that can be a pain . then again i saved enough mileage for them so i still have roughly 36k

Is it just me or is the Gran Turismo community website having trouble loading right now?

It seems to be affecting in-game as well, since when I try to go to My Library > Car Livery > Collection, my downloaded liveries don't load and the screen shows Ø after a while. Likewise when i try to load a downloaded livery from my home, nothing happens and then no liveries load.

Well the hellcat is pretty much the hellcat : awful feeling to drive, babysit the car or it'll end up crashing. So much of a pacd car :P

Is it just me or is the Gran Turismo community website having trouble loading right now?

It seems to be affecting in-game as well, since when I try to go to My Library > Car Livery > Collection, my downloaded liveries don't load and the screen shows Ø after a while. Likewise when i try to load a downloaded livery from my home, nothing happens and then no liveries load.
I think it's the Playstation Servers in general currently, I'm having issues in multiple games. Might be a bit overloaded with pre-updating new consoles and installing new games for tomorrow's big day.

Race rewards will be abysmally low though since Gr.X is treated as the highest class in GTS and the "recommended" car class is N300 or N400
When doing the Sunday Cup Northern Isle in the A90 Supra, AMG Safety Car and Crown Safety Car, I get 9000 Cr and 370MP in the Supra and 2250 Cr/370MP in the Safety Cars.

Those races aren't large givers of Cr. The races are mainly for MP farming in least amount of time.

I think it's the Playstation Servers in general currently, I'm having issues in multiple games. Might be a bit overloaded with pre-updating new consoles and installing new games for tomorrow's big day.

As I said in the other thread, and even more so if theres a more general problem, I suspect that this could well be down to those "lovable" kids DDOSing the network as they do every Christmas.

Because its soooooo funny right?

/s

As I said in the other thread, and even more so if theres a more general problem, I suspect that this could well be down to those "lovable" kids DDOSing the network as they do every Christmas.

Because its soooooo funny right?

/s
2 years ago online on Christmas was hard to play due to how many players were accessing the servers and ended up being a bit messy between Sony and PD

2 years ago online on Christmas was hard to play due to how many players were accessing the servers and ended up being a bit messy between Sony and PD

Server overload through increase in people using the game, then.

Sounds like a logical explanation. They should have planned for it better though if it happened before.

I actually like that they are there. Track limits are not punished enough in this game IMO. Especially at the FIA events...

I want stricter track limits too, but Laguna is one of those tracks that don't need the extra policing in my opinion. Apart from the corkscrew and maybe final corner, there's not a lot of time to be gained from corner cutting. It's one of those old school tracks where the boundary between asphalt and dirt is clearly defined.

There are a lot of other corners which would benefit from more aggressive sausage kerbs, but PD just doesn't care e.g. Maggiore T4, Yamagiwa chicane, Nurb GP chicane. Then there are corners which have tall sausage kerbs, but for some reason they don't spit you off like Laguna and actively requires you to abuse them e.g. Barcelona chicane, Monza, RBR. More than anything, the inconsistency is what I hate. I've done a couple of FIA seasons now so I'm used to how much I can cut, but when I first started out it's like you're not even driving the same track as the top guys because of this.

I just noticed that the all the safety cars have different (stiffer) suspension settings compared to the standard versions. Everything else seems to be the same (apart from the lower top speed because of the higher drag).

Of course, this may have been a known fact for ages. I just never bothered before to check, and now I tested the two Crown versions and found the Safety Car to be quicker through turns. So, here's why.

I just noticed that the all the safety cars have different (stiffer) suspension settings compared to the standard versions.

The same thing applies to the AMG Safety Car. It's much better out of the box than the normal version.

Took the V6 GT around Lake Maggiore for hotlaps. Car has great predictable characteristics. Turn in could be sharper, has a small amount of understeer on turn in that can be solved with cleaner corner entry. Oversteer is OK to handle, but in general the car likes to be driven nice and neat. A bit mental to get the most out of it - a hard time to dance between oversteer/understeer neatly. That being said, it is probably one of the easiesr MR hypercars drive hard.

Was internally hoping I could get it around Lake Maggiore faster than the Enzo, but the Enzo is just too sharp and has that NA V12 to scoot it along. Fun times, nonetheless!

VR onboard hotlap at Lake Maggiore:

Vehicle showcase (interior VR tour and exterior tour):

Last edited:
Well, I've been busy so not driven much on GT these last few weeks...

I still have the Porsche, Crown, Ford GT, 3 x "Safety Cars", S2000, the other Porsche (widowmaker), Demio, facelifted 86 GT, BMW M3 and Jaguar VGT to try out :crazy:

And some GT League races to complete (especially the Super Formula ones which I need to build myself up to doing :nervous::lol:).

And the Laguna Seca GR.4 Time Trial to bash out :drool: (along with the Ford GT)...

I know the DLC additions don't appeal to everyone and I do understand why, especially if you are not interested in driving road cars and/or offline, but when you add all that up above, plus the fact that Spa was just before then, its bloody hard to keep up with this game with limited play time, let alone find time for any other games!

I have at least tried out the Mark I Golf this past weekend. It lacks top speed again modern hot hatches, even at maximum HP, but boy is it soooooo much fun to drive. I chucked it around the Nurburgring and Mount Panorama hatchback races in GT League and was grinning madly all the time :D and it didn't matter that I didn't catch up to the rabbit in time.

Of all the cars I've driven in GTS, this little pocket rocket is, at least in my opinion, the most fun and rewarding car to drive in GTS. Who ever set this car up for physics/handling etc within PD, I owe you a beer :cheers: (*other beverages are available).

Back