GT Sport's New Time Trial Mode Immediately Plagued By Cheating

Wow, thats pretty broken.
I did a couple of laps and said to myself no way am i making that time up. Didnt watch any of the top twenty odd laps
I went through every lap with a video and the first one I found that was valid was 118th. 118th. And that was six hours back.

This is also one of my favourite GT images ever:
20190801162300.jpg

I thought I read in the announcement article here that they will have these events for 2 weeks, am I right? Gives them time to patch it, reset, & let people set legitimate times.

Wow suddenly I don't feel so bad about the first couple of laps I put in compared to the fastest hahaha.

Heads up: "Here is a video which shows the chat in action:"

Cutting half the track from a Willow Springs layout is necessary to make it bearable, so I'm quite okay with this

I honestly think it is the worst track in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly think it is the worst track in the world.

Because you’re spoiled by formulaic Tilke-o-dromes with paved runoffs at every corner that cost you nothing for a mistake.

Willow Springs (just like Goodwood) is one of the very few historic raceways still unchanged since the golden era of racing. It’s a goddamn legend. If you refuse to learn the track you have no one to blame but yourself for your discontentment.

Has anyone seen the youtuber Super GT live stream, he also cut the last bends of the circuit, he's in the top 60 right now.

Super GT livestream (in 50:39 minutes):

In evaluative terms, would he be one of the punished pilots ?

Last edited:
Well, wouldn't be a very nice tool for PD to clean up Sport mode this way? Once in a while misbehaving drivers will get a ban from using this kind of shortcuts, I would bet those are the same 'drivers' who would do anything to get more into the the front of the field and defending their places a bit too hard..

If so..

Nice move PD, nice move :gtpflag:

Because you’re spoiled by formulaic Tilke-o-dromes with paved runoffs at every corner that cost you nothing for a mistake.

Willow Springs (just like Goodwood) is one of the very few historic raceways still unchanged since the golden era of racing. It’s a goddamn legend. If you refuse to learn the track you have no one to blame but yourself for your discontentment.

I dislike Willow Springs, not because of its lack of paved runoff areas, but because of the desert setting... Being surrounded by nothing but sand makes me feel very unwelcome...

I would easily forgive the uninspiring sets of corners if there was grass around them..

I'd easily pick Goodwood over Willow Springs any day of the week....

Well said, it's a great track! I love Horse Thief Mile as well too. I love this track, you make a mistake, you pay. It forces you to concentrate and watch the white lines!

Well this new time trial mode being made available should hopefully ensure PD clean up their act when it comes to setting qualifying
and time trial laps.

This is one of those things that I will never do when it comes to a game and I hope that when we get the bug fix file this is resolved
but don't forget to fix the shortcut on Horse Theif Mile too!

It's laughable, I bet most of the people who do this will defend themselves and say "well the game allows it and it's the same for everyone, so it's legit..."
*cringe*

Makes me wonder how hard it is for developers to do proper track limits, literally every racing game I've ever played has problems like this. In a perfect world, 4 wheels off would mean lap invalidated in TT.

Back