GT Sport's Next Update Arrives This Week, Brings Cars, Tracks, and Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a massive fan of either vintage muscle cars,
The vintage muscle cars such as the 69 Camaro, 70 Challenger, 69 Mustang if they were vintage Trans Am race cars and classed together to be able to reproduce the vintage racing grids and add in the Javelin and other vehicles that ran in the Trans Am series in this time period would be a much better application for the vintage metal designed to be used on race tracks and not road use.

That was where the tune shop in the older versions came into play as you could at least upgrade parts to make the road cars into the trans am race versions in the game and once some mods were done they were undoable and if you also wanted a road version you needed another car of that model in your garage.

Others remain...
poixxxx (yep)

Some even keep eating ever single day just Mc Donalds disgusting Burgers and Pizza-Hutt Pizzas Wanna be...... and even it that sucks and destroys their stomach and health at the speed of light... keep doing it.. until they die... Without never ever having eaten anythink else.. mainly really healthy and tasteful food instead...

Driving against no cars is also a thing. :cool:

Yepp. and when you see how VR is used on PC versions of PC2 and AC... you begin to think.. that it almost sucks... on GTS... although its better then nothing... but if then. it stil feels like so less for what should be so much!!

poixxxx (yep)

Some even keep eating ever single day just Mc Donalds disgusting Burgers and Pizza-Hutt Pizzas Wanna be...... and even it that sucks and destroys their stomach and health at the speed of light... keep doing it.. until they die... Without never ever having eaten anythink else.. mainly really healthy and tasteful food instead...

Yepp. and when you see how VR is used on PC versions of PC2 and AC... you begin to think.. that it almost sucks... on GTS... although its better then nothing... but if then. it stil feels like so less for what should be so much!!
;)

poixxxx (yep)

How is PC Vr and AC Vr on console ?

A historic kei car to add to the small list of the ones currently in game

A free update is always welcome but I really can't get too excited for the car list. Not a massive fan of either vintage muscle cars, old kei cars or pickups tbh.

The Toyota Sports 800 was not, is not, and never has been, a kei car *facepalm*
It's too long to be a kei car now, as it is bigger than an S660, and its engine is bigger than modern 660cc ones (being 800cc), nevermind the 360cc kei cars of its time such as the Mazda Carol and Subaru 360. It was to compete with the Daihatsu Compagno Spider, Datsun Fairlady and Honda S600/S800.
It is however Toyota's first sports car and is historically significant as a result. Word is the real life car is actually super fun, so hopefully this translates into the game =]

As for the others, the Tundra's only use will be in some obscure events against the F150. I'm one of those who would like to see a few of the SuperGT GT300 cars from GT6 added to Gr3 but I don't see that happening anytime soon, possibly because they are JAF-regulation models and not FIA? GT300 allows JAF-GT300, Mother Chassis, and FIA GT3 to enter...

It's too long to be a kei car now, as it is bigger than an S660, and its engine is bigger than modern 660cc ones (being 800cc), nevermind the 360cc kei cars of its time such as the Mazda Carol and Subaru 360. It was to compete with the Daihatsu Compagno Spider, Datsun Fairlady and Honda S600/S800.

Ha! This is probably going to annoy you, but I have the Sports 800 as one of the eligible cars in a future Kei event. I guess I could rename the event "Tiny Japanese Cars."

It is however Toyota's first sports car and is historically significant as a result. Word is the real life car is actually super fun, so hopefully this translates into the game =]

As for the others, the Tundra's only use will be in some obscure events against the F150. I'm one of those who would like to see a few of the SuperGT GT300 cars from GT6 added to Gr3 but I don't see that happening anytime soon, possibly because they are JAF-regulation models and not FIA? GT300 allows JAF-GT300, Mother Chassis, and FIA GT3 to enter...
Don't get mad at me, I wasn't even the first person to say that. Get mad at the people who said it was the day that Toyota was leaked.

I feel now that since the Toyota S800 is coming, and that we have the S660 and a tuned version of the S2000, I feel it's safe to say PD might eventually add the Honda S600. Or the S500 and S800...
latest

So someone posts a scoop as to the Possible Contents of the next Update... :gtpflag::cool:
Then we get a "Deluge" ;) of Educated Guesses, Wild Guesses & Wish Lists, along with tons of Off Topic stuff. :banghead:
Every Single Time !!! :eek:
(Lord Give Me Patience, But Give It To Me NOW !!!):lol:

Why? Nothing has changed to make the game BETTER. GT League is a joke of chase the rabbit nonsense. All it's had are more cars and tracks to use in not very many useful ways.

Same gran turismo 2 was. At least the first game had qualifying

Need help here: the x2019 is:
a) the same 2014 renamed
b) a slower version of the 2014 standard
c) a faster version of the 2014 standard
I know the engine is different as well.

a) the same 2014 renamed

More power or torque, but upgraded rear aero (aka weaker)

@Mirror_man Cool story.

Now back on topic. Wonder what could be changed with the weather I wonder.

ii will make driving more dificult,, and if you ve got changing weather during the race it will create the need to change tyres. tooo... mostly that...

I know that from PC2 where this issue is implemented in a almost perfect way. including a very good detailed graphics for it!! Can be aslo found with even better graphics on Assetto Corsa Competizione (PC only) and this one is probably the most realistic driving simulator ever released.. together with the best FFB aplication on the game!

@Mirror_man we get it, you hate GT Sport..:rolleyes:

Aaaaaaanyway, back on topic, if Nurburgring does not have rain, I'll be pretty sad. Always liked going into Nurburgring track day lobbies on GT6, and powering a MINE'S R34 around in the slushy rain.

But I dont hate GT SPort!!! "Only" the Online Gaming part of it and that "ONLY" becasue pure and simply the PEnalization System is the most pure and oustanding CRAP!

Yea no doubt about that i like how PD turned the Atenza from a boring 🤬 box on wheels to a very decent race car but with the corvette for example the C7.R started competing at worst after a faw months started development and my issue isen't that i only like real.cars etc but choices like this are also a waste of resources.

Again?... lets make one thing clear you are "awaken" to the "reality"of the game as much as the people who beliave free DLC are not free why? let me show you why .. Kudos prime the omly source we can get somewhat accurate statistics show the following .(as of june 24th 2019)
Players who played in Sport mode (Sport mode races finished)
0 races 80% 1-10 races 13% 11-20 races 2% more than 20 races 5% . Active players during the previous 7 days No 91.2 % Yes 8.8 %. Daily active players in sport mode (as of 3 days ago) 30200 So that "reality" is a made up scenario in your mind and proves that you don't give a :censored:about what the majority of players actually want which is more of that and i quote "crap". Now let me explain to you why the penalty system is the way it is its based on an algorithm! and 99% of the things based on algorithms are:censored: and if you think humans will do a better job just take a look at the world tour event a couple days ago. So in conclusion if you want to have good online races stop depending on thousands of random players find a league or a group and use the lobby feature.

The algorithm is a Crap simply because the guys that made it and tested it are.. CRAP too.. and mostly because PD does nt want to spend more time and money to get the job done! Thats why! :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, and I say this tongue in cheek, how many other games am I going to have to delete off the PS4 to make room for this update? :lol:

You almost need a separate PS4 just for GTS.
Hopefully Sony does an huge overhaul of the ps4 update system on the ps5. The games will only grow in size and it's not modern or future proof to force an update system like the ps4 has.

This should be an option really, because doing an backup of the full game, then updating the original file and then deleting the Backup just takes to much space for an big game. As a gamer you end up having about 100GB of free space you literally can't use for anything, unless you don't want to update an 100GB game.

Frustrating in itself, but even more so if you have an 50mb patch and then the console starts it's very outdated and slow updating process...

Rant over :banghead:

But I dont hate GT SPort!!! "Only" the Online Gaming part of it and that "ONLY" becasue pure and simply the PEnalization System is the most pure and oustanding CRAP!
No, it's not so bad. The racing is way better than in games without such a system.
It's not perfect of course, but throw a penalty system at people who don't even know the rules of racing... How can they be happy about it when even pro drivers feel that they are treated unfairly by professional race stewarts?

a) the same 2014 renamed
Β

The algorithm is a Crap simply because the guys that made it and tested it are.. CRAP too.. and mostly because PD does nt want to spend more time and money to get the job done! Thats why! :P
So you have the following choices A. Stop whining B. Do a better job yourself or C. Go to the epic crying amd whining thread .

Hopefully Sony does an huge overhaul of the ps4 update system on the ps5. The games will only grow in size and it's not modern or future proof to force an update system like the ps4 has.

This should be an option really, because doing an backup of the full game, then updating the original file and then deleting the Backup just takes to much space for an big game. As a gamer you end up having about 100GB of free space you literally can't use for anything, unless you don't want to update an 100GB game.

Frustrating in itself, but even more so if you have an 50mb patch and then the console starts it's very outdated and slow updating process...

Rant over :banghead:

A fully justified rant. Its absolutely archaic.

I don't understand the demand for an cross gen racing game, because these games in the same series are an natural evolution of the previous titles. I'd rather have an full fledged next gen game.
I think, neither me, nor @zzz_pt nor anyone else "demanded" a cross gen game.
I'd like to have GT7 as launch title on PS5. I want better VR support, a real career mode as in past games, upgrading cars and stuff, but also the online racing component similar as in GTS.

Concerning the game size on the hard drive - how about a GT styled "official" external hard drive? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back