GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean New York is returning from GT4?
kmd02.jpg

Doubt it.

Going to point out that the same source, Race Online Hungary, also supposadly said that their 'GTSH-Rank ranking engine' found out that 'something exciting happening at the end of this month [June]' along with an image of Silverstone + tags of Cape Ring, Silverstone and Deep Forest.

Guess what, none of those 3 tracks came in the June update, and the same track of Silverstone was the guess made here at GTPlanet purely based on the number of 'TBA' Entires in the FIA Calendar.

Essentially, take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt for now.

(Their post about the June update featuring 'something exciting happening' with the tags mentioned)

In this article, it has a 'if you are still skeptical, they got July correct' paragraph, so why not a 'oh they also got June completely wrong / were very misleading and ambigious' paragraph.

the same track of Silverstone was the guess made here at GTPlanet purely based on the number of 'TBA' Entires in the FIA Calendar.
... which turned out to be correct reasoning (we did indeed get a new track with three layouts) - and we didn't guess at anything. We laid out in the article the possibilities and suggested reasons why we thought it could be (not would be) Silverstone.

Their Instagram post on the topic (which I hadn't seen to this point) appears to be, if one allows for the translation from Magyar to English, similar in nature: three new tracks, they don't know what they are, they suggest three names of returning tracks, and then do the social media thing of asking their followers what tracks they think are coming. They were correct on the topic of three new tracks.

In this article, it has a 'if you are still skeptical, they got July correct' paragraph, so why not a 'oh they also got June completely wrong / were very misleading and ambigious' paragraph.
This article is about a date extracted from the Gran Turismo API. The last time ROH extracted a date from the Gran Turismo API, it was correct. It doesn't really have anything to do with predicting tracks.

and we didn't guess at anything.

That's just the pedancy of the difference between guessing and speculating.

Like, don't get me wrong, the logic behind thinking Silverstone was coming made sense, with it featuring so many different layouts including a rallycross layout for Gr.B. I still refer to that as guessing.

In the same way, it is logical that 27th August is a date for an upcoming update, for the reasons mentioned in the article, hence it would be possible to spread a rumour of that date being the next update fairly easily as it does make sense.

It should be taken with a massive pinch of salt still. In the past people or communities have given rumours that have been eaten up by the community due to whatever source being correct in the past, and then for the news to be false.

That's just the pedancy of the difference between guessing and speculating.
Pedantry. :D
Like, don't get me wrong, the logic behind thinking Silverstone was coming made sense, with it featuring so many different layouts including a rallycross layout for Gr.B. I still refer to that as guessing.
But at no point did we - or ROH - say Silverstone, or any other track, was coming. We reported the information (gaps in FIAGTC on our part, information in the API on theirs) and our article walked people through what the information could mean. On its own - "there's gaps in the FIAGTC schedule!" - the information is pretty dry.
In the same way, it is logical that 27th August is a date for an upcoming update, for the reasons mentioned in the article, hence it would be possible to spread a rumour of that date being the next update fairly easily as it does make sense.

It should be taken with a massive pinch of salt still. In the past people or communities have given rumours that have been eaten up by the community due to whatever source being correct in the past, and then for the news to be false.
You can corroborate the information yourself, and the source is the GT Sport website. Of course PD may change its mind - it could have changed its mind about the vehicle content of updates after each was leaked too - but as things stand it's no less of a rumour than the image of the Porsche 930 in the PSN Store was three weeks back.

Going to point out that the same source, Race Online Hungary, also supposadly said that their 'GTSH-Rank ranking engine' found out that 'something exciting happening at the end of this month [June]' along with an image of Silverstone + tags of Cape Ring, Silverstone and Deep Forest.

Guess what, none of those 3 tracks came in the June update, and the same track of Silverstone was the guess made here at GTPlanet purely based on the number of 'TBA' Entires in the FIA Calendar.

Essentially, take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt for now.

(Their post about the June update featuring 'something exciting happening' with the tags mentioned)

The tracks were guesses, but they were right in that we got 3 new different track layouts in that June update.

People like to cite the the comeback of Deep Forest and Trial Mountain when those tracks are not even getting any graphical or technical upgrade in GT6.

Kind of like London in the rain... :ouch::scared::sly:

Silverstone is nowhere near London though :sly:

Honestly, I worked out the next update was likely to be 27 or 28 August myself at the weekend, since that's the last week of the month and most updates are Tuesday or Wednesday.

By the way, my crystal ball says the update will be 27 August US time (PM), but 28 August UK time (AM). You heard it here first folks :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back