GT Sport's Penalty System is "Not Adequate Yet", Says Kazunori Yamauchi

Except when you are re-entering the track, stay out of the way until you're up to speed or wait for a safe moment to merge back in.

They should really just ghost all track reentries until they reach a minimum speed. There's too much to gain and nothing to lose in these races, so I don't expect anyone to properly reenter the track. Sebastian Vettel would do the same thing.

Business opportunities there.

Somebody could open a business where it can offer a service to do "Sport Mode" like league races with human stewards, complete with external ranks separate from the official DR SR Sport rank. For a fee yes, but worth to lot of people here.

Given the numbers from Kudos Prime which @Sven Jurgens posted, it would pretty much have to be something like a sweatshop, and do you really think Polyphony will risk the amount of furore that would create?

Given the numbers from Kudos Prime which @Sven Jurgens posted, it would pretty much have to be something like a sweatshop, and do you really think Polyphony will risk the amount of furore that would create?
I never said it will be done by Polyphony, but more like either community or third party.

all well and good saying the need to assess the incident etc, but getting a penalty for running wide and losing time, especially at tracks like interlagos, and then losing more and more time for the penalty you end up getting, i mean come on, surely that isnt that hard to fix,

if you end up gaining an advantage yeah sure, but if you lose time you shouldnt get a penalty
Problem with that is the game can't reliably decipher whether you've gained an advantage or not as a result.

You're on about the game knowing intrinsically how quick you are as a player and how quick you will be taking any specific part if track at any one moment.

I suppose they could add something akin to a turn radius comparison of the line you took in the off-track detection zones vs the projected turn radius of that part of track if taken cleanly... but they'd still have to factor in your relative pace as a factor.

The penalty system is completely backwards and broke. In two races I got dropped from a B to a D because of d-bags ramming me, spinning out and hitting me, side swiping at me and wrecking themselves. I had someone ram me four times through the s-turns until I just slowed enough to let him pass after, no penalty for them wtf. Just because sometimes I can manage to not let them wreck me doesn't mean a penalty shouldn't have been applied. I can't avoid every d-bag intentionally trying to wreck me, but why the f are they not getting a penalty?
This really shouldn't be that hard to implement something better. There's a delay before a penalty is applied, it should be looking for what the driver was attempting. Are you driving the course, or are you driving at another car? The controler imputs, whether stick or wheel, should be included in that decision. Even through corners, if you're behind and on the outside and you're turning into another car you should get the penalty, not the car in front. Driving done a straight and someone's about to pass, and you start side swiping until the other car is off the track, you get the penalty even if you end up spinning out because you're turning at another car as fast as you can to not let them pass.
You're dam right I'm salty about this, I can't get past a B in SR\DR before getting screwed by people playing like the game is GT Bumper Cars. There probably should be some consequence but the penalty system has to get fixed first.

There's no preferred racing line either in GT Sport. GT Sport only has 2 rules, no contact and don't make yourself look bad :rolleyes:

Of all the things PD has tried with the penalty system, never once has it looked at track position :(

I don’t see why they do not use their own yellow racing line nd brake markers as some kind of baseline....
You were the one who got me to see that they don’t!

Problem is, no penalty system can stop idiots, when there are no real consequenses except of losing some SR ratings. They don't care anyway. All the idiots will continue jumping into the races without practice and without care to ruin others. Thats the reason why its more or less not possible to have proper races in most lobbys.
There should be a time-ban for entering the sportmode if you have to low SR. That would hurt. And if the system loses this players, well, the better it is.

There is no such thing as "corner rights". Likewise, there is no such thing as an inside line, nor outside line, only a preferred racing line.

Read what I wrote, again (quoted above to make it easy for you) then go read the post you linked to.

It may not be fun but please do try to comprehend the two simple sentences I wrote.

200.gif

Clue: 70% of that document is largely pointless; so-called "corner rights" are not codified in any FIA sanctioned series (adhering to FIA Sporting Regulations) and have only ever been an informal "understanding" between drivers which have always gone completely out the window if there is a significant win/title on the line.

I think they need to restrict penalties on straights mostly to side-by-side contact unless brakes are used. I've noticed it's an increasingly used tactic that people will just bump you on straights and deliberately drive off track to make sure you get the penalty.

Read what I wrote, again (quoted above to make it easy for you) then go read the post you linked to.

It may not be fun but please do try to comprehend the two simple sentences I wrote.

View attachment 833737

Clue: 70% of that document is largely pointless; so-called "corner rights" are not codified in any FIA sanctioned series (adhering to FIA Sporting Regulations) and have only ever been an informal "understanding" between drivers which have always gone completely out the window if there is a significant win/title on the line.

Sorry for that sloppy reply earlier, I've deleted that.

Now, let me take you by your word : If there's "a preferred racing line" only, would it be a generally accepted fastest line around the track or an individually preferred line ? And what's your conclusions ? How does it affect your driving ? Interested to read that ...

Last edited:
Back