• 14 comments

SportWagon

Premium
Canada
Punkeydoodles Corners, Ontario, Canada. (aka GT2t
From another thread...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2952&page=9

TMM
Because it has the better gameplay than any of the other GT games I have played so far, not including GTC & GT4. But from what I have read I'm not going to change my opinon when I do get to play those games.

GT2 added more cars and included more European cars but the AI and game play sucked. GT3 has the better graphics so the cars look fantastic but again I feel let down by the game play, the tire wear is unrealistic, the number of days spent racing is unrealistic, no 2nd hand motors and so little money that you spend most of the first days just repeating certain races in order to get enough money to upgrade the crap car that you started with. It must turn off some players that haven't played the earlier versions and so know that you must stick with the game.

With GT you can win the Copperhead, race the 'Normal Car' race and get enough money to buy some racing tires. Then you can race the 'Sunday Cup' and win another car and money to upgrade your Copperhead to race the 'Clubman Cup'. Then your racing career is off and you don't look back. The only time in GT that I bought some cars was when I had raced all my won cars and wanted some of the cars that you don't win, GTO, Grand Sport etc.

That's why I'm still playing GT and I haven't finished it yet! I'm also thinking of creating a 'Historic Car Club' with the Corvette '67, a 'Skyline Club, a 'TVR Club', a 'Viper Club' and an 'Evo Club' so I must have hours of game play left.
I agree wholeheartedly with what you say.

In fact, it's possible to buy any of several cheap used cars available and, by careful frugal selection of parts, "finish" Simulation Mode entering each race and series only once, thereby ending up on day 101 (assuming you're skillful/lucky with your license tests, or cheat and reload over failures).

Me, I collected a garage of the cheapest instance of each used car. I race-modded all of them, and tried each in at least one of GTC, USvsJP, UKvsJP or GT World events. With the race-mod, all could win the GTC, even the roadsters and the Del Sol S.

Now I've retrieved the pre-mod garage, and am going through the entire garage racing each in the Hard-Tuned Series--even the weakest cars can come fifth if the AI Civic 3door enters. For a consolation prize I try the GTC, or use my GameShark code which patches the Hard-Tuned field to be entirely Civics. :D The roadsters and the del Sol S are a struggle without race-mod, I must admit. (What a difference that "i" makes in the del Sol Si, however :D )

So I've not finished that. And after I have, I could start trying all of the new cars. I think it will be a long time before I truly finish GT1 .

Perhaps see also Does anybody still play this? at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3885 , although that thread didn't really focus on useful answers.

Someone in the thread ( Does anybody still play this? at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3885) wondered how long it would take to finish/beat.

Using "get all gold event cups (not gold license tests) in simulation mode and unlock all of arcade mode" as a definition for "finish", I came close to finishing GT1 in twenty-four hours once...

http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/gt1-24hour.txt

With sleep-training and preparation and/or a more optimal starting time (perhaps 5am), and some optimization of my game play I think I could do it. I'm not sure exactly how long all my note-taking takes, either. (In addition to the notes put online above, I record for each race my qualifying time, placing, total time, and fastest lap, as well as the points scored by each AI car in each race. I tend to record all my laps for the endurance races. That is sort of silly and time-consuming).

It's the chemical analysis listed on a bottle of bottled water which I had handy.

If you read the thread, you'll see dicknose asked me "What are they putting in the water up there?". And so I told him. :)

Unfortunately I posted it there as HTML before the security problems of HTML were known, and now can't go back and edit it, so it's not terribly readable...

SportWagon
It's the chemical analysis listed on a bottle of bottled water which I had handy.

If you read the thread, you'll see dicknose asked me "What are they putting in the water up there?". And so I told him. :)

Unfortunately I posted it there as HTML before the security problems of HTML were known, and now can't go back and edit it, so it's not terribly readable...
Right. Thought it was something to do with GT settings for a car. So where's there and whats the water like?

TMM
Right. Thought it was something to do with GT settings for a car. So where's there and whats the water like?
SportWagon
IMG ? not sure if I can get the following any more...
image.php

I'm having a difficult time inferring what that picture was...

Canada. (aka GT2toXS)

But actually I think it was from a bottle of "Montclair Natural Spring Water", from Grafton, Northumberland County, ON, Canada.

Maybe go to "www.ask.com" and enter "Where is Punkeydoodles Corners?".
(results)

Last edited:
SportWagon
SportWagon
image.php

Canada. (aka GT2toXS)

But actually I think it was from a bottle of "Montclair Natural Spring Water", from Grafton, Northumberland County, ON, Canada.

Maybe go to "www.ask.com" and enter "Where is Punkeydoodles Corners?".
(results)
Sorry should have gone to the AskJeeves site. Nice weather?

Hey, netnai, this is not the Testing Forum.

It's about GT1, so stay on topic, or get lost.

Back