GT1 opening tune

• Thread starter KSaiyu
  • 20 comments

KSaiyu

(Banned)
I love that Chemical Bro's/Manics intro to GT1, I've been looking everywhere to find a audio rip of it (I can only get the remix, never the one taken from the game), so if any one has it, do you remember where you got it from please?

I love that tune too. I brought a manic street preachers greatest hits cd last year with a dance remix bonus disc solely because I thought it was on it but that track wasnt there:( apart from GT the only place I've heard it was on UK radio years ago though.
You could try Kazaa?

It's similar to the last track (#11: Private Psychedelic Reel) on the Chemical Brothers album "Dig Your Own Hole". But it's only vaguely the same as the album version, so a bit of p2p searching may help you find it.

I have a DVD version with music and video but I can't speerate the 2 at the mo.

I'm a fan of the Chemical Brothers tune as well. It builds and builds and then you see the tires smoke off the start line (NSX?). After hearing the Cranberries in GT2 I wanted to cry.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Yeah i'm a fan of the Chemical Brothers tune as well. It builds and builds and then you see the tires smoke off the start line (NSX?). After hearing the Cranberries in GT2 i wanted to cry.

Isn't the car in the intro movie a Nismo Skyline ?
Anyway, GT1 has one of the best intro music and one of the best intro movie: I like to watch the empty stands and the bird on the starting light, that's an unusual intro for a racing game.

Biased turkey
Isn't the car in the intro movie a Nismo Skyline ?
Anyway, GT1 has one of the best intro music and one of the best intro movie: I like to watch the empty stands and the bird on the starting light, that's an unusual intro for a racing game.

I do believe it is. It is an unusual start for a game, they must have been so sure of the gameplay they knew it wouldn't matter. Plus of course that it builds into a tire smoking, heart stopping intro.

The opening intro gave me chills, man! I love that little birdie and the early morning sun and stuff. Has anyone else played Ford Racing? Watch the opening intro of that game, it's so sucky in comparison. The framerate isn't even smooth!

Last edited:
"Everything Must Go" Chemical Brothers remix is available as part of the Mix Album Brothers' Gonna Work It Out, although it doesn't contain the single solely on it's own. The entire album is a non-stop song so "Everything Must Go" is just an element of it towards the end.

If you want the exact music from the intro you could download the epsx emulator (search in google) run GT on your PC and dump the sound directly to a WAV file.
That's what I did and now I can listen to it where-ever i go!!! :dopey:

(P.S. after dumping to WAV format I got Musicmatch Jukebox to convert it to MP3)

desul
If you want the exact music from the intro you could download the epsx emulator (search in google) run GT on your PC and dump the sound directly to a WAV file.
That's what I did and now I can listen to it where-ever i go!!! :dopey:

(P.S. after dumping to WAV format I got Musicmatch Jukebox to convert it to MP3)

Does it include the engine noise as well? How about posting it here so people could download it?

TMM
Does it include the engine noise as well? How about posting it here so people could download it?

Yes it would contain all of the SFX, but that's part of what makes it kick-arse!

As to posting it up here for free download, well truthfully I don't want to do it because of legal reasons. But if any of you think of a way to do it that wouldn't get me in trouble then sure :dopey:

I do think it is nice to share :) , so till then...

desul
Yes it would contain all of the SFX, but that's part of what makes it kick-arse!

As to posting it up here for free download, well truthfully I don't want to do it because of legal reasons. But if any of you think of a way to do it that wouldn't get me in trouble then sure :dopey:

I do think it is nice to share :) , so till then...

Yeah sorry didn't think of the legal implications when I suggested posting it.

Ah, don't worry. I think I post it up anyway.

But...

READ THIS FIRST!!!

You may only download this file if you own a genuine copy of the PAL/English version of "Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulator".

By downloading the file you automatically accept any and all responsibility for any violation of copyrights, not: the author of this post (desul), GTPlanet for hosting this, or any other party affiliated with this site.

Also you may not use this file whilst simultaneously using "Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulator", since it is a partial backup of it. Any use of this file should be in compliance with the EULA (End-Users License Agreement), which is found in the back of the users manual.

Also, the quality of this file is as good as the Playstation's, but not that of the original recording. Do not ask the author of this post for a better quality one, because there is none except that held by the recording studios or possibly Polyphony.

This file is intended only for original owners of the "Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulator" for personal use only.

Remember, you must own a genuine copy of "Gran Turismo: The Real Driving Simulator" to download this.

I hope this straightens out any legalities, and if anyone is a law student and spots a loophole or some similar problem, please inform me (by Private Messaging) on how to fix so that no innocent people get in trouble!:dopey:

I can't upload it 'cause the file exceeds the 100Kb max upload on the forum, so just Private Message me and I'll probably send it to you!!!:dopey:

But you have to agree to the disclaimer in this thread when you message me (check the previous post), because when I send it to you I will assume that you agree and you are therefore bound by it.

Back