gt1 transfers to gt2?

• Thread starter kaden
  • 8 comments
I heard that there is a cheat available on gt1 that will get you 10'000'000$ and all your licenses , that you can then save to your memory card and load into gt2.

Is this true ? Please explain in detail if it is

That sounds like the completetion bonus in GTC which if you complete the game you can update a GT3 save with 10million credits and all licenses with bronze (that you don't already have).

In GT1 you can transfer some of your licences (if you've got some) to GT2 but I think thats all.

Originally posted by T5-R
In GT1 you can transfer some of your licences (if you've got some) to GT2 but I think thats all.
You can avoid taking two of the GT2 license tests (B and A) if you've passed them in GT1.

Select Data Transfer with your GT1 game in Slot 2, and it will award 20 little green-and-yellow "books" in place of licence trophies. You still need to complete the other 40 tests to pass GT2.

Also, no money nor cars will transfer from GT1 to GT2.

Originally posted by pupik
Select Data Transfer with your GT1 game in Slot 2, and it will award 20 little green-and-yellow "books" in place of licence trophies. You still need to complete the other 40 tests to pass GT2.
Are those "books" different from normal "kiddie prizes". I thought you couldn't progress to next level of license until you'd cleared all your kiddie prizes, but perhaps that's just an unsubstantiated (and difficult-to-substantiate) rumour.

I think kiddie-prize = books. Never won a kiddie prize before, and it took me about 25 tries for the Corkscrew back when I first got the game. (Different versions/regions of the game?)

I tried the "Data Transfer" it once, and that's what it did. No gold, silver, or bronze, but 20 yellow-green "books".

Yes, I don't know if anyone ever figured out how you could for sure get a kiddie prize.

Well, going to www.ask.com and entering "how do you get a kiddie prize in gran turismo 2" did get me quite easily to
http://www.allconsoles.com/psx/games/granturismo2.shtml
which makes the claim...
Kiddie medal:
The small green and yellow object on the status screen under licenses is a license award given if you miss the bronze medal by .3 to .5 seconds. The game is selective when awarding the medal and it may take several attempts to earn one.
Hmm... .3 to .5 seconds? Are they not sure, or do they really mean that if you get closer than that (.3) you won't get one?

All-in-all it's not clear my original statement ("I don't know if anyone ever figured out how you could for sure get a kiddie prize") has been refuted...

The .3-.5 second thing is right. I remember it clearly because I got a kiddie prize to get my S-lisence on the last test. It's apparently random even if it's in that time. I've gotten two of these prizes.

It always looked to me like another requirement for Kiddie Prizes was that you had filled in all the recorded times. (I.e. you had made at least 5 or 6 attempts, however many it was). I thought I had read that somewhere too, but the rumour-mill I managed to find didn't agree. :D

Back