GT2 DORI Tune Discussion

• Thread starter Okami
  • 3 comments
Something tells me this has been said and done before, but why dont talk about realistic setup's? Explaining why your current setup is important to you, and what benefits and downs you get out of your footwork?

Right now im about to start drifting again in GT2, Im currently deciding between the Silvia S13's. Im not sure wich one is best for drift yet, [ not caring about power ] mostly weight, I seriously think the overpowered Drift cars are too unstable depending on the weight reduction. Has anyone setup a S13 K's 1800cc ? How about the Q's series? I notice they are MUCH MUCH Lighter.

I'm gonna go test out some different spring rates, I noticed most setup here and there have silly low spring rates, example : 3 Front 5 Rear. Thats something you get off of Eibach's PRO-KITS Wich are verry ****ty. What do you guy's think of 10Kg F, and 10KG Rear?[Koguchi's setup] More controll up front or Rear? I belive the more up front the better you can throw your car around? Any one think differently? Lets talk about it! :D

-starwolf

i have been playing with my springs, but i am soo used to haveing them both tacked all the way up, so anything diffrent is hard to controll. i would beleve that a slightly less in the front would be better because it would make the frot end "stick" more.

I also activly use the tire chamber settings. they say too much negitive chamber will hamper your drift. What this does in real life is make it stick to the ground better because it is using more of the stiff sidewall, so i try to use at least a -5 in front and perhaps a -3 in back.

ride height should always be lower, cars look so sexy hammered... (sorry my jdm is showing)

sence my car is always so low that is also why i choose a harder setup on the struts and springs, so i dont bottom out.

the s13 is a good choice (i would wait and get the sileighty...), but i dont think GT2 does a good job of activly portraying how to drift...

Originally posted by Kamui D
ithe s13 is a good choice (i would wait and get the sileighty...), but i dont think GT2 does a good job of activly portraying how to drift...
I already have 2 Sil-80's I just dont like the car anymore, its not my type sence i hate fastbacks. Anyhow GT2 Seems a bit harder to drift on I know, but try Setting up the tires differently, same setup as GT3 will deffenetly NOT work, unless you can master it, it does feel more real though, becouse the car CAN understeer if traction is not properly broken. what we need is a good deffenition for every tire setup, that way people can understand how its acctually handeling. here are some...

GT2 TIRE SETUPS
[ Unrealistic - Effective and easy to drift ]
F - NORMAL
R - SIM
[ Realistic - Harder to brake loose - somewhat same in real life ]
F - SIM
R - SIM
[ Grip/Drift - Controllable Drifts - Yokohama tires explains how effective it is to drift a car and be in controll at the same time!]
F - SPORT
R - SPORT
[Unrealistic/Difficult - EASY to brake loose, hard to controll :) }
F - SPORT
R - SIM

well here are some basic setups i have used in the passed. Im starting to prefer the SIM F and B do to the fact that i once tryd to drift a 240SX On KYB and Eibach setup with normal stock tires, and felt EXACLY like drifting my 190hp SILVIA k's 1800cc on GT2.

anyone agree?

Back