GT2 Drift videos

• Thread starter loulou221
  • 226 comments
Nice drifting :) Did you use 2-way LSD? Could you post your settings here :)
[UPD]: oh, found them in the neighbor forum... Gonna try :)

I never use LSD to drift. My stock cars have just simulation tyres, and they drift very good. Here my settings that i use for all modified cars :

Spring : 12.0/13.5
Damper bound : 1/1
Rebound : 10/10
Height : do not modify
Stabilizers : 7/7
Toe & Camber : do not modify
No LSD, No TCSC, No racing modification.

This setting runs for all FR Cars.

In GT2, not all car handle the same way even if it has the same FR layout. We need to change some of those setting some time if we want to make the car drift easier or getting sideways far longer.

Sakiale : this is the last song from David Kane, Dream World.

Sucahyo : My settings are general, some modifications can be brought to improve drift length or to drift easier.
The gearbox setting isn't the same for all cars.

PS : I forgot to say that the spring setting is not the same for all cars.

Sucahyo : My settings are general, some modifications can be brought to improve drift length or to drift easier.
The gearbox setting isn't the same for all cars.

PS : I forgot to say that the spring setting is not the same for all cars.
I see. I usually use lowest height and heaviest flywheel. And always with 0/+0.20 toe in.

I prefer to use simulation tire for drifting too :).

I don't know if it's the good place to create this thread, but here are my drift videos in GT2 :
http://www.dailymotion.com/loulou2212/1

I don't know if the link runs.
Sorry for vid quality, but i record with my camera...

Leave a lot of comments...

Interesting that you use e-brakes a lot, even for rear-drive cars. You might wanna slow down a bit...most of what I saw wasn't true drifting imo...more like controlled slides. Drifts are supposed to be throttle-driven (you kick in the gas and get as sideways as you can without losing it). Then again, I didn't watch every single video (I'm on my lunch break) so maybe you've got some stuff I missed. But whatever, nice stuff. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, you're talking about power over drifting, don't you ?

I'm talking about kicking in the throttle, countersteering, and getting sideways in a true drift without losing your cool; the way professionals do it. What I saw (and don't get me wrong, I only watched a couple vids) was more like controlled slides--you approach the turn, flick your steering so the back of the car is kicked-out,...if it doesn't kick out enough you hit the e-brake, and then you use throttle to keep going to other parts of the track--but not to truly get sideways. I'm not criticizing, I'm just telling you what I saw as compared to how some people define "drifting".

...you wanted us to "leave a lot of comments", hope you don't take mine the wrong way.

Last edited:
Offtopic.
Can this be considered as drifting? (nanoflooder is me). If yes, then I'm glad that this 4WD Nismo 400R with super-soft tires can be also a car for fun :)

Offtopic.
Can this be considered as drifting? (nanoflooder is me). If yes, then I'm glad that this 4WD Nismo 400R with super-soft tires can be also a car for fun :)

I'd say yes. You got sideways, and maintained a sideways motion at a perpendicular angle to the inside of the turn. Some others might think you got sideways by cheating--using the curb to hop and they'd tell you it's not a true drift, but in my opinion: YES.

Now see in this vid, loulou is drifting more...

http://www.dailymotion.com/loulou2212/video/x2ew0u_drift-gran-turismo-2-lexus-sc400_videogames

especially as the Lexus approaches turn 7 (the hairpin) that's what I'm talking about. There are some other moments when the Lexus gets a partial drift here and there but it's freekin hard to maintain a full drift thru such larger turns. It's easier in a hairpin or somewhere tighter.

Last edited:
Offtopic.
Can this be considered as drifting?

man too easy drifing with AWD you should try an FR car;)

frd1ro5.png

right click save as

For me FR cars in general are easier to drift at low speed, while AWD have better handling at high speed. I do prefer FR - Silvias or BP Trueno, but I enjoyed 400R very much, especially after that corner in Grand Valley (Parnelli, after this video I did that without jumping :)).

the fact is FR is more difficult to handle when you drive in drift, for example with AWD you come close to spin-out simply stepping on the gas will save you

the FR need major ability on the gas pedal if you steep too much = spin, if you don't step = spin too :D

nice one AAZ, i rememer many times during the Apricot Hill enduro i was pushing my FF Honda Prelude '91 so hard I drifted on many of the corners, nothing special but it prooved it can be done...ill try and get smoe photos soon but i dont have a PSX emulator and i havent had the time yet to try and configure one :(

Me too. I accidentally got the rear wheels of a Honda Accord wagon in the sand. I was in the 1st hairpin at Grand Valley, got sideways and my rear tires are in the sand. What's cool is since it's front-wheel drive, all I had to do was kick the throttle to get out, but the whole effect is: I still went sideways so it looked like a drift :lol:. I'll try & get a pic up today.

Last edited:
I think FF drifting is not drifting...
It's right that you can do sideways on every car.
And about AWD drifting, the advantage is you needn't countersteer : just throttle and the car will drift very easy. If you take a FR with similar horsepower, with this FR, you must countersteer and control throttle.

I prefer FR drifting. But the AWD allows you to take corners and hairpins at an incredible speed...
And for FF cars, I drift with E-Brake, throttle and countersteering.

yeah, you're right. It's not true drifting when you're in a Front-drive, it is (again) more of a controlled slide. A drift happens via throttle input..in other words you use the gas to get sideways....in a front-drive, you might get sideways, but not due to hitting the gas all by itself...

...not that I'm the authority on drifts or anything. :guilty: I'm just going by what I read online and in the GT driver's manuals.

Last edited:
Nah youve pretty much got it PB. I drift like they do in Initial D - using the inertia of the car to get sideways. I dont think Ive ever used the handbrake - too much speed scrubbed off and it oftens leads to spins. Instead, I often combine lifting off the throttle or braking entering the corner, depending on the corner, with sharp turning to get the car sideways, and then its all about countersteering and throttle control from there. Its much easier to countersteer with the controller - with a wheel, Im not sure what it is but its much easier with a wheel to apply too much countersteer and snap back the other way and spin out.
And about the FF drifting, you're right, I was in the middle of a race (read about it in my Apricot Hill enduro report) and so wasn't attempting to drift intentionally, I was more just pushing the car hard and the rear was slewing out on some corners - as soon as the throttle was engaged it snapped back straight again. I guess its possible to drift an FF - just carry lots of speed into a corner, ie enough to carry you round it sideways without having to prod the throttle, but then again is that just powersliding?

EDIT: Im wrong sorry, my drift technique is a mixture of brake and kansei drifting, inertia is something slightly different. and like PB I dont pretend to be the authority on drifting, again im just using what ive read on Wikipedia, what ive seen in Initial D and what ive done on GT2/3/4.

I guess its possible to drift an FF - just carry lots of speed into a corner, ie enough to carry you round it sideways without having to prod the throttle, but then again is that just powersliding?

Yeah, that's just sliding.

EDIT: Im wrong sorry, my drift technique is a mixture of brake and kansei drifting, inertia is something slightly different. and like PB I dont pretend to be the authority on drifting, again im just using what ive read on Wikipedia, what ive seen in Initial D and what ive done on GT2/3/4.

Right. I'm not trying to come off as the all high & mighty authority on drifting...i'm just going by what i've read and seen. Some people define things differently and will tell you a front-drive e-brake slide is considered an actual drift, but i define drifting as giving at least some throttle to get sideways, without losing it or having the front end "snap back"

i define drifting as giving at least some throttle to get sideways, without losing it or having the front end "snap back"

Yeah, that's right and for FR cars, i would add : "and by controlling the car with countersteering".

yup, thats basically it. Once ive worked thru my new game on GT2 ill start doing some decent drift videos hopefully...

very nice loulou! Me like :D im still configuring FRaps to work properly but when i do....i have some decent drift cars thanks to a gamesave i got from AAZ so - sideways ahoy!

Back