GT2 over GT3?

United States
St. Cloud, Florida
aracefan
Who here still plays GT2 over GT3? I mean I know alot of you still play it, but do you have GT3 yet? (I know it's just a matter of time if you don't have it yet) :D

I'm thinking about getting GT2 again, as I've pretty much played through GT3. I remember GT2 being much deeper. Just wondered what some fellow gt gamers thought.

Originally posted by barryf1fan
Who here still plays GT2 over GT3? I mean I know alot of you still play it, but do you have GT3 yet? (I know it's just a matter of time if you don't have it yet) :D

I'm thinking about getting GT2 again, as I've pretty much played through GT3. I remember GT2 being much deeper. Just wondered what some fellow gt gamers thought.
I don't have GT3 yet, and I still play GT2 almost everyday. It's still a great game, and always will be.;)

My roomate has GT3, and for a few weeks I played it with my own memory card. I came back to GT2 because the bleemcast version has alot of the graphical improvements that GT3 has (specifically, higher frame rate), and I like the gameplay much much more. Plus, I don't use Lancers too much, and in GT3 is seems like every other prize car is a lancer.

I play GT2 on Dreamcast using Bleem and it is beautiful. If you have the cash it's worth buying a Dreamcast just for that.

201743.jpg

Dreamcast-$49.99
Bleem for GT2-$5.99
Dreamcast memory card-$9.99

And you can surf the web using a Dreamcast.

The screenshot on top is GT2 on Playstation. The Screenshot on bottom is GT2 on Dreamcast.

If you are thinking about gettimg a Dreamcast you had better hurry. They quit making them about a year ago. The good news is they went down in price. They have them at https://www.amazon.com/?tag=gtplanet-20

bg01.jpg

bg02.jpg

For some more screenshots go to http://dreamcast.planetweb.com/gamers/screenshots.html?game=bleempaka

There are emulators that let you play Playstation games on a PC but I have never tried them. You might try http://www.ngemu.com

Thanks tank, I have a dreamcast, got it the day it came out, 9-9-99. It still works perfectly, I'm on my second PS2 :confused:

I'm gonna order that bleem today, I appreciate the screenshots too. :D

Cool.

You'll need a dedicated memory card.

Once you save your Bleem game on a DC memory card it erases the other saves and vice-versa.

The screenshot doesn't even show the best aspect; the higher framerate. I can't play Gt2 on the PSX, it just looks choppy.

Also, that lower shot looks like th ehighest res possible, which you can only get by using a VGA box and hooking the DC to your monitor. TV's only handle something like 154x225 or something. Still, it looks much much better than the PSX.

Im at %50 in GT3. I just started playing GT2 on Bleemcast, I got all the licenses last night. The reason Im playing GT2 is my stupid buddy bought an xbox so he cant play GT but he has a DC so him and I are gonna play GT2 at the same time so we can swap war stories about our racing adventures.

I must say even on the bleemcast the GFX are tuff to swallow but it is very playable. It seems like it could be a great game.

I'm a GT3 addict but I do dig out GT2 now and again just for the breadth of cars available. If GT2 was available at full 128bit and 60fps it would be a far better game than it's successor (although rain, Cote D'Azur and glowing brake discs are cool). It has far more 'soul' to it. The Bleemcast appears to be the closest you'll get.

Don't get me wrong, GT3 is still 10/10!!! :D

Originally posted by Tank
The screenshot on top is GT2 on Playstation. The Screenshot on bottom is GT2 on Dreamcast.

If you are thinking about gettimg a Dreamcast you had better hurry. They quit making them about a year ago. The good news is they went down in price. They have them at https://www.amazon.com/?tag=gtplanet-20

bg01.jpg

bg02.jpg

For some more screenshots go to http://dreamcast.planetweb.com/gamers/screenshots.html?game=bleempaka

There are emulators that let you play Playstation games on a PC but I have never tried them. You might try http://www.ngemu.com

GT2 on Dreamcast? :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by viper_maniac

GT2 on Dreamcast? :confused: :confused:

It's actually really really nice, I like it much better than GT2 on the PSX, and even better than GT3. There are some further explanations in this thread, a few posts up.

Originally posted by Tank
I play GT2 on Dreamcast using Bleem and it is beautiful. If you have the cash it's worth buying a Dreamcast just for that.

201743.jpg

Dreamcast-$49.99
Bleem for GT2-$5.99
Dreamcast memory card-$9.99

And you can surf the web using a Dreamcast.

Where can I get this? This looks cool. It'll actually give my Dreamcast some action. :D

Where can I get this? This looks cool. It'll actually give my Dreamcast some action. :D
I've got one if you want it. I'll sell it to you for $6.00 plus $3.00 shipping. PM me or e-mail me, or just reply to this if you want.

I've got one if you want it. I'll sell it to you for $6.00 plus $3.00 shipping. PM me or e-mail me, or just reply to this if you want.

Yeah sure. It doesn't have any scratches or anything does it?

Yeah sure. It doesn't have any scratches or anything does it?
No, I just got it and tried it a couple of times and didn't much care for it. I have been playing my dreamcast and ps2 too much and just couldn't adjust to the graphics. If you are expecting a HUGE improvement in graphics from the ps1, than you may be disappointed. They are better, but not even close to what Sega GT looks like. Still, if you want it I'll send you my address in an e-mail.
Laters,
Barry

No, I just got it and tried it a couple of times and didn't much care for it. I have been playing my dreamcast and ps2 too much and just couldn't adjust to the graphics. If you are expecting a HUGE improvement in graphics from the ps1, than you may be disappointed. They are better, but not even close to what Sega GT looks like. Still, if you want it I'll send you my address in an e-mail.
Laters,
Barry

Hell anything would be better than the way it used to look. Besides I hardly have any games for my Dreamcast anyways.

Back